Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Exhaust  (Read 1541 times)

yort4041

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE3 Black Ice
    • CVO2: Big Dog PitBull
Exhaust
« on: November 01, 2007, 01:40:45 PM »

I'm new to this site and found it by searching the web. It seems to be a great source of information and I love the whole thing. Anyway, I have a '07 Screamin Eagle Road King and want to upgrade the exhaust.
Can anyone tell me what pipes are available that would not require any modification to the break pedal. I was told this is a problem with some systems. Thanks for any help...

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 02:12:37 PM »

yort4041,
Welcome to the site glad to have you join us. :2vrolijk_21: In regards to the pipes I don't think it's so much which brand some have had one brand to fit nicely and others have had fitament issues w/the same brand on same model bike. It's been suggested that the problem may be related to the gaskets used more so then the pipe.

When you get a chance you should go to this board - New Member Introduction and start a thread to introduce yourself.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Quint

• You all know how I earn a livin'
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 Road King - Crystal Copper/Black Onyx
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2004 FLHRI Road King
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 12:12:16 AM »

I'm new to this site and found it by searching the web. It seems to be a great source of information and I love the whole thing. Anyway, I have a '07 Screamin Eagle Road King and want to upgrade the exhaust.
Can anyone tell me what pipes are available that would not require any modification to the break pedal. I was told this is a problem with some systems. Thanks for any help...

Welcome yort4041!

I just got Rinehart True Duals fitted to my 08 FLHRSE, and they fitted with no problems. By the way, the sound is awesome. The TDs also eliminate the crossover pipe from the rear cylinder to the right hand pipe. Not only does it clean up the look of the engine, it reduces heat on your right leg and gives you a true Harley "potato potato" sound. And with SERT, SE air cleaner and a dyno tune, I got 98 hp and 115 ft lb at the rear wheel.

By the way, my buddy who has an '07 Street Glide with the 103 ci kit, has Vance & Hines TDs with the V&H Oval slip-ons, and he said that he likes the look and sound of the Rineharts best. At low revs (say, < 2,500) it sounds like a WWI biplane doing a flyby; at higher revs, it sounds like a WWII Grumman Hellcat doing a flyby. Either way, it sounds awesome! For me, that was two-and-a-half grand very well spent!  ;D
You all know me. You know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for yer but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Swallow you whole.

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 07:24:16 AM »

You can always mix and match to suit.  I put V&H Dresser Duals headpipes on my SERK and added Suppertrapp SE slip-ons.  No fitment problems.  The stock mufflers will also fit if you don't want the extra noise but want to get rid of the leg-toaster (my main goal).  The stock muffs with individual headpipes are okay at speed and under power, but the idle is pretty crappy sounding - worse than with the cross-over.  The SEs are a bit loud for what I was looking for but have a decent tone to them.  Look at and listen to some bikes and figure out which ones you like best, both points are very subjective.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 03:17:37 PM »

Hi yort4041,

There are lots of possible choices for you depending on your priorities. You may want to read this thread that has lots of info in it about choosing mufflers and headpipes. There are pros and cons to each setup.
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=9490.0

Break-In

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary Edition 513/900
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO3: 1997 FXSTC
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 09:30:58 PM »

I have rineharts and am very happy with them, some like V/H. what it comes down to is a personnal choice. I came up with my choice by listening to other people bikes and asking them what they had.

REGGAB

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 11:13:12 PM »

You can always mix and match to suit.  I put V&H Dresser Duals headpipes on my SERK and added Suppertrapp SE slip-ons.  No fitment problems.  The stock mufflers will also fit if you don't want the extra noise but want to get rid of the leg-toaster (my main goal).  The stock muffs with individual headpipes are okay at speed and under power, but the idle is pretty crappy sounding - worse than with the cross-over.  The SEs are a bit loud for what I was looking for but have a decent tone to them.  Look at and listen to some bikes and figure out which ones you like best, both points are very subjective.

I'll second this idea, but my tastes are just a little different.  I've always used V&H pipes.  Before Thump's motor was upgraded, she had V&H Dresser Duals with SE Pro mufflers.  She still has the V&H pipes, but now she is sporting Rush mufflers with 2.25" baffles.  The V&H Dressers Duals are extremely "muffler friendly."  You can add just about any slip-on your heart desires.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 11:05:02 AM »

yort4041

Go where the bikes are, find pipes you like the looks of and ask if they would mind firing them up. Most the time we can't wait to show off our scooter so they'll be glad to do it.  Rinehart TD mount with no problem, look great, and sound even better. I love mine. ;)

JW 

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.