Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 110 engine mods? how much timing was added?  (Read 2672 times)

skyhook

• Senior CVO Member
  • ride 'em don't hide 'em

• CVO1: '08 fxdse2
110 engine mods? how much timing was added?
« on: November 04, 2007, 03:35:12 PM »

those who have done performance upgrades to your 07 and 08 110" motors...how much ignition timing were you able to add?  I'm doing these mods:
r&r stage 4 heads
10.5 compression
 se257 cams
supertrapp 2 into 1
power commander
r&r sent me a map that adds a bunch of fuel, but the timing is all zeroes...I'd like to see race tuner or power commander timing maps for similar mods
thanks
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 03:36:57 PM by skyhook »
08 fxdse2, r&r heads, 257 cam, hpi 55mm t/body, supermeg

08_ScreaminSpringer

• Junior CVO Member
Re: 110 engine mods? how much timing was added?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 11:05:51 PM »

Do you have this running yet. Im thinking of the stage 4s
08 Softail Screamin Eagle Springer with SERT and D&D fatcat Big Boar 2 into 1..

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 06:41:51 AM »

those who have done performance upgrades to your 07 and 08 110" motors...how much ignition timing were you able to add?  I'm doing these mods:
r&r stage 4 heads
10.5 compression
 se257 cams
supertrapp 2 into 1
power commander
r&r sent me a map that adds a bunch of fuel, but the timing is all zeroes...I'd like to see race tuner or power commander timing maps for similar mods
thanks

on a build like that, sometimes timing is your enemy. you are gonna love those heads, be prepared to hand fit the TB.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 09:38:18 AM »

Don't own a 110, so no first hand information here, just a question.  Why do you want to add timing advance?  Timing is basically dictated by the burn rate in the combustion chambers, and advancing it beyond what the engine needs will reduce power, not increase it.  If the R&R folks did a good job with those heads, you may find you need less total advance for best power, not more.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 01:14:44 PM »

On the race tuner are you in basic mode or are you in advanced mode?

If your in basic mode switch the settings to advanced then open a 2nd window of the race tuner and compare the base map timing to the map front and rear timing you have in your bike.

You should then be able to tell clearly if you had any timing changes done to the map you have received.    On my 110 the timing from the Harley maps were very very conservative and Cycle Rama put quite a bit of timing into both my 124 and my 110.   This is pretty typical though of the harley maps when your using them to get started on a build.

As an example when I was playing with the Freedom Cam yb14sec 07 in the 110.  We added about 8 single units of timing at 100 percent throttle and 6 at 90 percent throttle and at WOT picked up about 6 tq and 5 hp.   
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

skyhook

• Senior CVO Member
  • ride 'em don't hide 'em

• CVO1: '08 fxdse2
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 06:17:10 PM »

the motor is up and running....it needed timing because it has supertrapp, better heads, longer cams with more overlap, richer afr...used a canned timing map that I got from Mike Roland last spring...he sent it to me for the wife's 07 dyna that we had built...the map has at least 4 and as much as 10 in some cells...it's a power commander not sert...the starter map is from r&r cycles who ported the heads...the timing map was all zeroes and there was a lot of fuel added...put about 40 miles on the bike and the only ping I got was after sitting at a light for a minute...guess it loaded up with fuel...gonna have it tuned this week...it pulls hard but only got 30 mpg on the last tank
08 fxdse2, r&r heads, 257 cam, hpi 55mm t/body, supermeg

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.