Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: What the Hell Did You Guys Do Now?  (Read 8612 times)

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
Re: What the Hell Did You Guys Do Now?
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2008, 12:50:27 PM »

We're just a big family...he'll be back, ya can't leave family!
Thanks to all moderators for your wonderful work.
A special thanks to Neal for starting this awesome site!

Flyndyna
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

pumkinownerswife

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2008, 02:29:30 PM »

We had been talking about the importance of family, and making time to see your parents. That point was driven home to me and my family when my father failed a stress test. The doctors figured there was a little blockage and that he would need Angioplasty or a stint to correct the problem. On Monday April 14 at 7:15 p.m., my mother called in a panic...they rushed my dad to Bon Secour hospital just outside of Richmond to do a quadruple bypass, he had 95% blockage in the main artery, and 75-80% in the other three. My wife and I quickly threw stuff in the truck, grabbed the dog & drove the two hours down to the Montross/Northern Neck area to be with my mom and to see my dad the next day. Needless to say, it was a very emotional time. We saw my dad at 9:00 a.m. the next morning. My sister and her husband were there, as well as the minister from my parents church. I've only seen my dad weep one other time, he was so scared!
  It was unbelieveable to all of us, as "Poppy" Walker is one of those "larger than life" figures who never takes a break, he constantly has something he is working on. I grew up in a time when black haired men ruled the earth with iron-fisted diligence, their booming voices likened to the rolling of thunder to my mind. As tough as iron, these men were the leaders of the family, and great examples of strength and fortitude.
  He is now in ICU, in alot of pain...but he is ALIVE! My dream has been to ride with him, me on my 07 Dyna CVO and him on his custom built three wheeler (when it finally gets completed). He sold his Road King a few years ago and invested in having a three wheeler built. The guy building it has had to put the project off for long periods of time, so I am going to go down and beg him to finish it soon. my wife and I have decided to create a Declaration making April 15th National Poppy's Day, that will give us one more reason to be with my mother and father. Precious are the days we have with our loved ones, don't take them for granted! I am extremely grateful to be a member of this site, which has taught me daily the value of human kindness, friendship and family.
Much love to all...
Flyndyna

Report to moderato

I thought this could make everyone see how insignificant the little things are in life and know we are blessed if we still have our loved ones and good friends. I ask that everyone here just be a good friend and be a one big Happy family because life really dishes out some crap as I say so we need to just have fun here. Thats all please be happy and stop all the fussing it is really not worth it.

Helen

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2008, 04:47:08 PM »

Report to moderato

I thought this could make everyone see how insignificant the little things are in life and know we are blessed if we still have our loved ones and good friends. I ask that everyone here just be a good friend and be a one big Happy family because life really dishes out some crap as I say so we need to just have fun here. Thats all please be happy and stop all the fussing it is really not worth it.

Helen

Thanks for that Helen. Finally nothing personal and a voice of reason. I hope ya'll hear her. A wise woman, I'm sure way beyond her years! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.