Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: SERT Question  (Read 3353 times)

Air51

SERT Question
« on: April 18, 2008, 10:04:43 PM »

I had purchased 2 SERT's about a year ago and one I used on my father's '07 SEUC and the other I never used.  I now have my own '08 SERK and just did RTD and Stage 1 add-ons to it and was wondering if there is a newer style connector "dongle" for the '08's vs. the older models for SERT's...I guess what I'm asking is will my year old unused SERT work on the new '08s?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: SERT Question
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 10:20:56 PM »

As far as I know other then the new Super SERT there have been no changes to the hardware. There have been software updates (addition of more maps) but that is it. You should be fine using it on your '08.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

springer-

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 1981 FXSS
    • CVO2: 1983 FXRT
    • Big Boyz Head Porting
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 11:03:11 PM »

You will need a new version of the software but the hardware should not be an issue.

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 06:54:05 AM »

when you get to the program ecm section under the file table,upper left hand corner,  there will be a list of ecm part # that are compatable with your black box ,  then look at the ecm and hope they match.  good luck
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

springer-

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 1981 FXSS
    • CVO2: 1983 FXRT
    • Big Boyz Head Porting
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 07:17:16 PM »

when you get to the program ecm section under the file table,upper left hand corner,  there will be a list of ecm part # that are compatable with your black box ,  then look at the ecm and hope they match.  good luck

If I am not mistaken that list of part numbers represents the ECM's that will work with that Map, not the "black box" (SERT Key).  If your ECM part number is not in the list, the wrong Map is selected for the ECM/bike.  If the SERT software is older than the ECM, a newer version of the software will be required.  For example, if you have a SERT that was purchased in 2007 and then you purchased a 2008 model the Maps will not match the ECM and the ECM part number will not be listed until you get a copy of the SERT software that has the correct Maps for the 2008's.

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 08:46:54 AM »

most dealers have the disc's laying around if you have a laptop thy should let you down load it

Air51

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 04:26:43 PM »

Well, my question was answered today at the HD Shop.  They tried to mate it with my bike and no joy so I am gonna get the new Super Tuner installed and should be ready by tomorrow or the next day.

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 02:46:06 PM »

They tried to mate it with my bike and no joy!
thats the same crap i had with my dealer, ur sert u bought in usa at 1/3rd the local price wont match with ur bike u have to buy a sert from us!  YEAH RITE!!

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 10:20:55 PM »

air51, was the sert ever installed before ? if it wasn't give us some info and maybe we can help

Air51

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 11:27:07 PM »

air51, was the sert ever installed before ? if it wasn't give us some info and maybe we can help
No it was never installed before.  The SERT was an F model and the current one besides the super tuner is the L model.  Apparently the F models won't work on the new '08 models as according the the dyno tuner, the F model took the map and VIN off my bike but would not talk back to the computer or something like that.  I know some here think the Dealer was just trying to make another sale but thats really not the case here.  I had my ole man's '07 SEUC dynoed at same place with another F model SERT and no problems and bike ran great after that.  I sat on the other SERT for over a year til I bought this new SERK and didn't realize that it might be out of date with newer model bikes OR it could just be a bad SERT.  They did tell me that some of the L models they got were a bad batch.

I was gonna have the Super Tuner installed but dealer called me today and said that HD told the dealers that the ST programs they received were all bad and would have the fix by Friday.  Service Manager told me I could wait for it or they could sell me the L model for 150 bucks cheaper and would really do the same job that I was wanting so I just went for the L model today and rode bike home...It rides GREAT btw and now I have a little bit piece of mind that its not running as LEAN as these those do from the factory.

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 12:50:33 AM »

air51, glad your dealer did you right :orange:there /were some new problems with the 01L's production dates 3/18 thru 3/26 but luckily yours didn't fall between thoughts dates. enjoy

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 12:23:50 PM »

i was invoiced for sert, 32107-01L  Its was never fitted on another bike, on the back of sert are numbers   32114-01A   01/17/08.  My dealer told me he couldnt get it to work with my fxstsse, donno if its cus i didnt buy it from him! I live in switzerland, Moco makes bikes with different set ups for different countries/states "ie california" but i dont c why they would make different SERT^s with the same part number!

I bought the SERT from Hal`s  harley in Wisconsin, they say there is no returns on electrical items!!

brewnut56

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 FXDB-sold
    • CVO2: FLHRSE4-sold
    • CVO3: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008, 11:19:31 AM »

I just went for the L model today and rode bike home...It rides GREAT btw and now I have a little bit piece of mind that its not running as LEAN as these those do from the factory.

Forgive my ignorance but how does this work?  The Dealer installs the SERT, and thats it, you rode it home? No extra tuning or dyno runs??

My '08 SERK is due in this month and I wanted Dealer to put on Rinehart TD's, K&N A/C, and SERT before I roll her off the showroom floor.  Dealer says he has to dyno to create new map.  I keep reading (or am I mistaken) that others are downloading maps instead of putting new motor through the stress of dyno-ing.  Are these maps on the SERT CD or where do they come from?  These maps are not the same as the HD Stage I download are they?

Sometimes the more I read the more confused I get   :-X

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2008, 02:39:15 PM »

Forgive my ignorance but how does this work?  The Dealer installs the SERT, and thats it, you rode it home? No extra tuning or dyno runs??

My '08 SERK is due in this month and I wanted Dealer to put on Rinehart TD's, K&N A/C, and SERT before I roll her off the showroom floor.  Dealer says he has to dyno to create new map.  I keep reading (or am I mistaken) that others are downloading maps instead of putting new motor through the stress of dyno-ing.  Are these maps on the SERT CD or where do they come from?  These maps are not the same as the HD Stage I download are they?

Sometimes the more I read the more confused I get   :-X

Yes, there are maps with the SERT software. There are no Stage I downloads, or any downloads for the '07/'08 models. SERT, PC or other tuning device, but no downloads anymore. A close map for breakin should be fine, then you should get it properly tuned after breakin. If the dealer doesn't know this and couldn't communicate that to you, I wouldn't let that guy TOUCH my bike!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

brewnut56

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 FXDB-sold
    • CVO2: FLHRSE4-sold
    • CVO3: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2008, 02:53:29 PM »

If the dealer doesn't know this and couldn't communicate that to you, I wouldn't let that guy TOUCH my bike!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Here's the email Dealer sent me: Tell me if it makes any sense to you??

HI XXXX, EMAIL WORKS VARY WELL FOR ME. YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB RESEARCHING INFO ON YOUR NEW BIKE. TO REALLY SOME IT UP THE RACE TURNER IS THE ONLY WAY TO BUILD A MAP FOR FUEL INJECTION MOTORS. YOU ARE CORRECT ABOUT THE PROGRAM S.E. TURNER THE CD IS IN PART TO INSTALL ON A COMPUTOR THE MODULE THAT CONNECTS TO YOUR ECM AND GIVES US THE ABILITY TO MAKE A MAP PER 100 RPM, USING AN AIR FUEL ANAILYZER HELPS THE DNYO TECH. THE PROGRAM NUMBERS IN TO THE RACE TURNER. SHOULD BE DONE AFTER BREAK IN MILES. ALSO A DOWNLOAD IS FOR STREET LEGAL SET UP’S MEANING S.E. EXHAUST CHANGE AND STREET LEGAL BIG BORE KITS. THE RACE TURNER IS FOR RACE ONLY AND MAY NOT MAKE EMISSONS IN PARTS OF THE U.S. I HOPE THIS HELPS. EPA AND EMISSONS ARE MAKING IT HARDER TO CHANGE ANY COMBUSTABLE ENGINE FROM FACTOR.

Also please see my post under "canned maps" I think I might have found what i need, but not sure . . . Hoping someone will set me straight once and for all  :-\

Thanks   

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 21 queries.