Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Question of pipes  (Read 10561 times)

cei600

• Junior CVO Member
  • Nothing Else Comes Close
Re: Question of pipes
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2004, 12:14:41 PM »

Hey Rugbyprop, I really like the looks of the D and D exhaust. Would you recommend them? And how about blueing? My O & B is supposed to be here in May. Its gonna have to hurry. I told the dealer I was going to pitch a tent in the parking lot. One more thing, are they too loud? Thanks, Mark [smiley=beerchug.gif]
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 12:16:35 PM by cei600 »

rugbyprop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2004, 03:17:18 PM »

I have had them on for about 1000 miles, no bluing. Loudness is midrange. If the wife is mumbling behind me and not in my ear I have trouble hearing her if I into the throttle. Not a bad thing!  [smiley=laugh.gif] Not as loud as my drags on my fatboy but louder than my set of Samson slip ons were on my Road King. I have not been able to get in on the dyno to get it tuned yet. I am assuming I am on the rich side a little yet. I am satisfied with the power and we will see what the Dyno says in a few weeks. Waiting for a new eddy brake and software on the local dealers dyno to get it in.  

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2004, 10:55:25 AM »

I put the D&D Fat Cat 2to1 on mine along with the SE airbox, it really makes a major difference in the get up and go. The tone is nice, not to loud at low R's but has some bite when you get on it. I am having some popping on mine when I back off the throttle but I am using the Harley maps. D&D sucks to deal with as a company, it has been almost 2 weeks now, 5 long distance phone calls, 4 messages left, 3 emails sent, 4 promises of the check is in the mail and still no maps from D&D!!! Ya think somebody here might share with me?
[smiley=behead.gif]
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 12:20:08 PM by the_ofender »
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2004, 12:25:12 PM »

UPDATE!!!
Just received a call from my bride and she informs me their is an envelope at my home from D&D performance containing the CD I have been requesting for 2 weeks (why don't they just package/deliver it with the exhaust system or would the extra 50 cent cost be too much?)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 12:43:21 PM by the_ofender »

rugbyprop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2004, 12:31:01 PM »

Hey Offender, drop me an email at gillespie@camspray.com. I have the full disk of D-D maps that they established at an altitude of 675'. I am using the Fat Cat, race tuner and high flow air kit and used their file called 3286102-19FLHRSEIRAL.MT2 that they emailed me. This was after they sent me the two wrong files. Seems to be good and I am at 1000 ft. altitude and I believe this one is a little on the rich side, no back firing. I am starting with this one when I finally get it dyno tuned. What is your altitude?? What are you running for mods? What HD file are you running?
I can either email that file to you or look for another one based on your mods.   [smiley=drink.gif]

cei600

• Junior CVO Member
  • Nothing Else Comes Close
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2004, 12:39:53 PM »

Hey Ofender,
Thanks for the info. Keep me posted as to how the new map works? How much did your exhaust cost? Did you get the ghost pipe? Great job on the picture on your profile.  [smiley=smoking.gif]

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2004, 01:08:16 PM »

I loaded the D&D map last night (3286102-19FLHRSEIRAL-1) and it eliminated the popping (that made me very happy [smiley=1syellow1.gif]) and she definately runs a little stronger, I did have to add some fuel at around 2500-3000 RPM, she was starving a little (added 1 unit in 6 fields) and that made an improvement, tonight I am going to add another unit to the same fields to see the results (getting richer can't hurt). These maps are a much better starting point than the harley ones. Rugbyprop I am almost at sea level here, SE air cleaner and Fat Cat (no ghost pipe). I am going to have it dynoed while I'm in laconia, I usually don't go for the dyno stuff just use the seat of my pants but I am gonna give it a whirl!!! [smiley=rolleyes5.gif]

PS: No Blueing after 500 miles
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 01:09:20 PM by the_ofender »

rugbyprop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2004, 03:12:05 PM »

I am with you on the Dyno thing, Have never done one. but I figured on this machine after spending around $1500 on exhaust, hi flow and race tuner I wanted to squeeze every last bit of performance out of it that I could. See what happens! [smiley=bigok.gif]

103Eagle

• Full CVO Member
  • Always Lookin fer sumtin but dunno what!
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2004, 10:24:56 PM »

K all, I know there was a post about MPG but how bout you guys with the D & D 2-1 Fat Cats.  I have that system installed as well with the HD Hi Flow and the Spiral Map.  I also as suggested by Donnie at D&D opted for the performance baffle.  Mine runs fine and will put it on the dyno pretty soon to check the air fuel ratio.  Reason being is on my trip to Myrtle Bike week I only got 30mpg running about 80mph.  I put in at least 1 gallon more each gas stop than even the 95inchers with head and cam work.  I am used to much better mpg.  Is this out of the ordinary or in the ball park?  Yes the mpg gets better once ya get outta the throttle, say around 65mph. [smiley=drink.gif]  Shes a bit thirsty ya know!
2004 FLHTCSE, HD Race Tuner, D-D Performance Fat Cat Exhaust, Ghost Pipe, SE High Flow Air Cleaner, Detachable King Tour Pak, RCA Lyra MP3 player and some chrome goodies! 2009 Street Glide

electraglidese

• Love to ride

• CVO1: FLHTCSE 2004
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2004, 01:44:23 PM »

I have samson rolled thunder ovals and love them they look good and sound awesume not to loud but crisp and throaty. 103 SE they do pop from time to time on compression

electraglidese

• Love to ride

• CVO1: FLHTCSE 2004
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2004, 03:07:15 PM »

I have the samson rolled thunder ovals on my 103 SE I love them and get complements on the sound, not to loud but crisp and throaty. The dealer tried to sell me tune flow hooker pipes, they just don't sound right to me.

Jackhd

• Full CVO Member
  • many happy miles ahead
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2004, 06:26:34 PM »

Well guys I left my stock exthaust system on and took a trip to Minn last week. I was real pleased with gas mileage--beleive it or not 44-46mpg no bs. [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.