Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shock length, How critical is it?  (Read 1163 times)

kiwi

• Full CVO Member
  • Every day above ground is a good day.

• CVO1: SERK3
    • CVO2: Ultra Limited
Shock length, How critical is it?
« on: October 14, 2008, 10:10:10 PM »

Hoping someone out there can help me out. Received my Bitubo Shocks from Traxxion today but they are 25mm longer than the stock air shocks. Are they going to work OK? For an 07 SERK. :nixweiss: Stock measures centre to centre 305mm Bitubo is 330mm.
Kiwi 8)
Kiwi 8)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: Shock length, How critical is it?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 10:54:14 PM »

Hoping someone out there can help me out. Received my Bitubo Shocks from Traxxion today but they are 25mm longer than the stock air shocks. Are they going to work OK? For an 07 SERK. :nixweiss: Stock measures centre to centre 305mm Bitubo is 330mm.
Kiwi 8)

330 is the stock height of a standard RK.  The SERK height stock is 305.  HOIST installed 330 Bitubo's on his SERK, but also brought the front height up with 1" over Traxxion AK-20 cartridges.
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

kiwi

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 02:40:34 AM »

330 is the stock height of a standard RK.  The SERK height stock is 305.  HOIST installed 330 Bitubo's on his SERK, but also brought the front height up with 1" over Traxxion AK-20 cartridges.
Yeah been in touch with Hoist. :2vrolijk_21: Have now asked Traxxion if the AK20s are set up for standard height also. If they are then no problem and I can use the extra ground clearance. :bananarock: Its not going to be as straight forward as I imagined though as I have had to ask whether everything was sent to me. Parts showing as being in the kit on their site were not delivered to me.  Will just have to wait now until Dan gets back to me. :confused5:
Kiwi 8)
Kiwi 8)

kiwi

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 06:26:27 AM »

Yeah been in touch with Hoist. :2vrolijk_21: Have now asked Traxxion if the AK20s are set up for standard height also. If they are then no problem and I can use the extra ground clearance. :bananarock: Its not going to be as straight forward as I imagined though as I have had to ask whether everything was sent to me. Parts showing as being in the kit on their site were not delivered to me.  Will just have to wait now until Dan gets back to me. :confused5:
Kiwi 8)
Got the answers that I need thanks everyone.
Kiwi 8)

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.