Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Windshield Bag  (Read 8101 times)

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
Re: Windshield Bag
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 09:44:07 PM »

Last one....shows the backside of the bag.  Has very soft backing of almost felt-like material.  Should get the windshield cleaned...didn't notice the bug stuff until looking at the picture just now. 
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 09:45:19 PM »

I know that part of the the "look" of the original classic SERK's is this silver speedo and the remote mounted tach.  But neither moving handlebar mounted tachometers nor difficulties in easy use decent sized windshield bags on Road Kings have ever been things I was fond of. 

It's both of those things that has had me thinking strongly about the combined speedo/tach instrument in the SERK dash rather than the remote tach.  Could then use any windshield bag might find or have made and have the tach always in one place.  Decisions decisions....

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
    • NE

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 09:52:33 PM »

I know that part of the the "look" of the original classic SERK's is this silver speedo and the remote mounted tach.  But neither moving handlebar mounted tachometers nor difficulties in easy use decent sized windshield bags on Road Kings have ever been things I was fond of. 

It's both of those things that has had me thinking strongly about the combined speedo/tach instrument in the SERK dash rather than the remote tach.  Could then use any windshield bag might find or have made and have the tach always in one place.  Decisions decisions....

You are quite right Don...   

The tach placement presents more issues than benefit.  I had always wanted to get a detach fairing, but there again I have this obstacle to overcome.  Yeah, I could go the cluster/combo route...but have chosen not.   I always remind myself of the days when I never had a windshield...always had the opinion that those things were for old dudes.   Now I are one and wouldn't be caught out on the road without one.   :P

"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2009, 08:13:41 PM »

The split bags pictured above are from http://www.eagleleatherworks.com/ and you'll have to call them to get the specific part number. I have it somewhere at home in the SERK folder......but they do really quality stuff and it it not done in Bangladesh or Pakistan either.  :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:

Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

freshkeg

• CVO1: 2008 SERK
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2009, 04:47:02 PM »

You might want to take a look at this bracket. It moves the windshield bag up, that way it doesn't hit the tac.
www.formotionproducts.com/raiseit.htm

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
    • NE

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2009, 12:10:11 AM »

The split bags pictured above are from http://www.eagleleatherworks.com/ and you'll have to call them to get the specific part number. I have it somewhere at home in the SERK folder......but they do really quality stuff and it it not done in Bangladesh or Pakistan either.  :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:

Joe

Joe, you are correct...it was eagle leatherworks.  After I checked the website you gave...then I recognized that was them for sure.   (I knew there was leatherworks in the string/name somewhere and had thought it was the other one)

Regardless...these folks produce high quality products made in the good old USA....can't go wrong with their stuff.

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2009, 10:44:28 AM »

Has anyone check to see if the split bag is still available?  I hated to call them if a bunch of other were also.  any idea on price?

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
    • NE

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2009, 11:07:44 AM »

Has anyone check to see if the split bag is still available?  I hated to call them if a bunch of other were also.  any idea on price?

Stroke of luck here...my wife found the receipt.  Was $99 + $15 shipping...$114 total.  There is no part number listed...just noted in the description as:  S/W Bag

American Eagle Leatherworks Inc.
22 Creekside Way
Greenville, SC  296096902
(864) 292-8810
www.eagleleatherworks.com

Might just go ahead & give 'em a call yourself...nice friendly people as I remember....or could email.

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2009, 10:31:51 AM »

I emailed Eagle Leatherworks and here's the response I got:

We still have the pattern for the split windshield bag, and can make them
at your request.  This item would be considered a custom order and
therefore non-returnable since we no longer stock it.  Price is $119 plus
shipping.

If you are interested, please phone me to place your order.

Darlene Bovee
American Eagle Leatherworks
864/414-0666

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2009, 12:23:06 PM »

I have a 100th Anniv. w/s bag if your interested.
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2009, 04:51:10 PM »

Was $99 + $15 shipping...$114 total as stated here already. $5 Price increase seems reasonable since it's probably been 2 years since I bought mine. They're really great people to deal with as well.  :2vrolijk_21:

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2009, 05:06:01 PM »

CVOJOE,

Re-read the email from American Eagle Leatherworks.  It's $119 PLUS shipping.  That's a $20 increase depending on the shipping charge.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2009, 05:11:45 PM »

Sorry, I was focused on the old pricing........still not too bad for the quality. From the MOCO they'd be $250 or something like that.

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.502 seconds with 21 queries.