Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]  All

Author Topic: My CVO is no more.........  (Read 39799 times)

grinner

• Happy Idiot
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: No CVO's At Present
Re: My CVO is no more.........
« Reply #135 on: June 07, 2010, 03:48:57 PM »

enjoyed reading the history, glad it is having a 'happy ending'...... but 2 questions: one how did you end up going from blue to citrus (did I miss something ?): and up date on the young lady, jail. fine , etc

thanks

First, the mystery of the changeling bike colors.  I bought the Riptide Blue when I was actually still in the hospital.  They delivered it a couple of days after I got home, but I had seen the Burnt Amber while interneting in the hospital and I love orange (drive an Orange Avalanche).  One day when I was at my local MoCo, I asked what it would take to trade out, they gave me a figure, and I went home on the Burnt Amber/Citrus that afternoon.  I am very happy I got it because it is exactly what I wanted - no doubts.  I love riding that scooter!

As for Miss Distracted, no jail, paid a $140 fine, no other legal woes....probably going to have a hard time getting insurance for a while.  My insurance paid off with no problems (Progressive is AWESOME!!!!) and will go after her to recover their loss.  I reached out to her Mother recently just to convey that I will be okay and hoped the daughter had learned a lesson.  Mother said Miss D now had a big bun in the oven (still only 18), and was going to be a cosmetologist.  Mother said how terrible the treatment was that her daughter had received at our local hospital after the crash (bumped her head) - not a word for me and my condition so I hung up and just shook my head.  I now yell at everyone I see on the phone when I am riding, and am thinking about a crusade........

But I have everything I need, God has given me back my strength, my health, and my LIFE, and I am ever thankful of this undeserved gift.

Grinner   
1988 Honda Hurricane
2007 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
2008 Aprilia RSVr (track)
2008 Honda GL1800
2009 Aprilia Tuono 1000R (track)
2009 Aprilia RSVR
2011 BMW G650GS (dual)
2012 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC (Screamer)
2012 HD XR1200x Sportster

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #136 on: June 07, 2010, 04:09:25 PM »

First, the mystery of the changeling bike colors.  I bought the Riptide Blue when I was actually still in the hospital.  They delivered it a couple of days after I got home, but I had seen the Burnt Amber while interneting in the hospital and I love orange (drive an Orange Avalanche).  One day when I was at my local MoCo, I asked what it would take to trade out, they gave me a figure, and I went home on the Burnt Amber/Citrus that afternoon.  I am very happy I got it because it is exactly what I wanted - no doubts.  I love riding that scooter!

As for Miss Distracted, no jail, paid a $140 fine, no other legal woes....probably going to have a hard time getting insurance for a while.  My insurance paid off with no problems (Progressive is AWESOME!!!!) and will go after her to recover their loss.  I reached out to her Mother recently just to convey that I will be okay and hoped the daughter had learned a lesson.  Mother said Miss D now had a big bun in the oven (still only 18), and was going to be a cosmetologist.  Mother said how terrible the treatment was that her daughter had received at our local hospital after the crash (bumped her head) - not a word for me and my condition so I hung up and just shook my head.  I now yell at everyone I see on the phone when I am riding, and am thinking about a crusade........

But I have everything I need, God has given me back my strength, my health, and my LIFE, and I am ever thankful of this undeserved gift.

Grinner   

Grinner:

FWIW: You're a better man than I am. I would have to sue her civilly for the pain and suffering--etc and negligence.  Yea shes only 18 now but here insurance company is responsible for her cival liabilities too as are her parents if she was under age.

Now I would agree to be more forgiving if they even tried to give a damn but they don't and more than likely will do it all over again since she still has her cell phone. 

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #137 on: June 07, 2010, 05:26:47 PM »

Grinner,
Glad youre doing well and LOVE the Citrus
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE CVO™ Road Glide® Ultra-Rio Red/Black/ Ember-Triked Out
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic #1408/Triked Out
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE TEQUILA SUNRISE/Not A CVO-2002 Heritage Softail---
« Reply #138 on: June 07, 2010, 06:46:31 PM »

Thank's for the update !!! ... I however would be seeing my local legal eagle, to collect for a little pain, but more importantly to make an example of careless driving... donate to a local charity but nail her ..... IMOP
The one with the most Toys , WINS !!!

grinner

• Happy Idiot
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: No CVO's At Present
« Reply #139 on: June 10, 2010, 03:05:07 PM »

Thank's for the update !!! ... I however would be seeing my local legal eagle, to collect for a little pain, but more importantly to make an example of careless driving... donate to a local charity but nail her ..... IMOP

I learned my insurance lesson after Katrina wiped us out on the Mississippi Gulf Coast in 2005 - we lost the house and all of our contents because of the technicial definition of a "flood" and got nothing from our insurance company (Farm Bureau).  So when I moved up here to Georgia I bought everything Progressive could sell me, including an auto/motorcycle umbrella uninsured/underinsured policy that would pay me in the event I was in a wreck and the other person either had no insurance or had minimum insurance coverage.  Progressive made good on the policy and will go after her/her parents/whoever in order to get their money back.  The policy wasn't very expensive, but sure came in handy when I needed it.  No issues from Progressive at all - they paid me promptly and in full.  Keeps me from having to try and take her to court, get some sort of judgement that I'll never see a dime on, and now I can move on.  My only issue is that Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia refused to pay the lifeflight helicopter bill and I'm going to be sued by the helicopter company for $10,000.  BCBS just lost my personal business as well as all of my company business (175 employees) over this stupid issue.  I would have probably died without the helicopter ride, and BCBS refused to pay for that vital and necessary service!!  So long BCBS, hello Principal!

You have to hold these companies accountable, and the best way to do that is not give them your business or your hard-earned money if they don't keep their end of the bargain!

Grinner
1988 Honda Hurricane
2007 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
2008 Aprilia RSVr (track)
2008 Honda GL1800
2009 Aprilia Tuono 1000R (track)
2009 Aprilia RSVR
2011 BMW G650GS (dual)
2012 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC (Screamer)
2012 HD XR1200x Sportster
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.