Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: New Screaming Eagle Pro Super Tuner?  (Read 6715 times)

SDSERK

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE "Black Ice"
New Screaming Eagle Pro Super Tuner?
« on: February 15, 2010, 09:11:13 PM »

Has anybody heard anything on the New SE Tuner (Part # 32109-8B) from the Screaming Eagle Racing Parts catalog supplement (available March 2010)? I am in the process of changing cams and am looking for suggestions for a tuner. Black Hills HD will be doing the work and the dynotune. I assume they would prefer to tune with the Sceaming Eagle tuner, and I am looking to get the most bang for my buck. Right now they're are running a special for 20% off labor and parts so I could get the tuner for $368.

Ed Ramberger - One_Screamin_Eagle

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FLTRSEI
Re: New Screaming Eagle Pro Super Tuner?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 10:31:06 PM »

Has anybody heard anything on the New SE Tuner (Part # 32109-8B) from the Screaming Eagle Racing Parts catalog supplement (available March 2010)? I am in the process of changing cams and am looking for suggestions for a tuner. Black Hills HD will be doing the work and the dynotune. I assume they would prefer to tune with the Sceaming Eagle tuner, and I am looking to get the most bang for my buck. Right now they're are running a special for 20% off labor and parts so I could get the tuner for $368.

Same as the existing interface except it has additional electrical noise filtering built into it. 
FLTRSEI -Delphi Conversion, 103", 251 cams, Heavy Breather & a couple other little tweaks

sottile120

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 12:11:40 PM »

I have a 2012 harley ultra limited. i recently purchased the super tuner for the bike. i have the software from my other 08 street glide. the software will work with the new tuner but i cannot find and updates base maps to start the calibrations from. can anyone help?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 12:21:54 PM »

I have a 2012 harley ultra limited. i recently purchased the super tuner for the bike. i have the software from my other 08 street glide. the software will work with the new tuner but i cannot find and updates base maps to start the calibrations from. can anyone help?

Get a copy of the 2013 Software CD.  It will have calibrations (base maps) plus the newest level software.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 01:14:40 PM »

The new Screamin Eagle Pro Super Tuner also has SMART TUNE. So with the correct software and cables the owner can tune his bike without beating it up on the dyno!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 02:22:10 PM »

The new Screamin Eagle Pro Super Tuner also has SMART TUNE. So with the correct software and cables the owner can tune his bike without beating it up on the dyno!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

What makes you think we beat up bikes on the Dyno? 
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

HDGearHead

• Full CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • CVO2: 2007 FLSTN
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 12:34:02 AM »

The tuner didn't beat my bike, however the Dyno took my rear tire to the wood shed....

Simpleman1025

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHRSE5
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 09:15:29 AM »

So would anybody recommend tuning it themselves or have the HD service department do it. I went in for a service, they were trying to sell it to me hard. I am looking at using the "SE Pro Super Tuner" because I have plenty of warranty left and do not want to jeopardize it. I'm leaning towards the "Fullsac X-pipe", of course the service department recommends V&H duals. I like how the stock SE slip-ons look like so maybe replacements baffles from "Fullsac" or real
CFR's. What is the opinion out there?

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 11:48:19 AM »

So would anybody recommend tuning it themselves or have the HD service department do it. I went in for a service, they were trying to sell it to me hard. I am looking at using the "SE Pro Super Tuner" because I have plenty of warranty left and do not want to jeopardize it. I'm leaning towards the "Fullsac X-pipe", of course the service department recommends V&H duals. I like how the stock SE slip-ons look like so maybe replacements baffles from "Fullsac" or real

Fullsac X pipe and cores is the best bang for the buck, and you keep the stock look and use the stock heat shields.  Whether you can tune the bike yourself depends a lot on how much you want to fool with it and what base map you start with.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 11:56:37 AM »

I can honestly say that i have never heard a pipe that sounds as good as a CFR, they sound amazing, by far the deepest sound on the market! my opinion, if you do go for CFR you need to stick with the stock headers! need back pressure!
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 07:47:03 AM »

YOU CAN TUNE THE BIKE YOURSELF with no dyno time. It's built into the pro tune and it works. You hook up to the ecm and pick and download a base map. Unhook your computer and place "THE BUNG" on the bike somewhere and go for a nice 20 minute ride. Come back and hook up to your lap top and any cell that is colored blue will need to be changed. You then let the PRO TUNER make the reccommended changes!!! You do this a few times and then you are done!!! No dyno time at all.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 07:53:26 AM »

What makes you think we beat up bikes on the Dyno?  

Doc I can tell you the hardest my ULTRA will be ran is on A DYNO!!! I have a "HOT ROD" if I want to go fast that I do open up every once in a while but for the most part I am easy on my stuff!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 08:01:29 AM »

The tuner didn't beat my bike, however the Dyno took my rear tire to the wood shed....

EXACTALLY!!!!! The dyno beat the hell out of your bike. If not you would not need a new rear tire.

Most experienced TUNERS know how to tune a bike without beating the hell out of it. When the stealer tuned my 2012 SEULTRA I was assured "THE TUNER" was the best in the state. Not only did he beat the hell out of my bike, but the tune was way too lean. One trip with a smart tune and I was a happy man!!! If it was not for Axil talking me into the new race tuner I would have gone with a THUNDER MAX!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 04:38:18 PM »

not all tuners 'beat the hell out of your bike' on the dyno.  just because you had one that did, does not make them all that way.  a dyno is a tool.  like any other tool, used in the wrong hands, can have disastrous results.  used in the right hands, you can get a tune that will outshine your auto tune.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 05:16:35 PM »

not all tuners 'beat the hell out of your bike' on the dyno.  just because you had one that did, does not make them all that way.  a dyno is a tool.  like any other tool, used in the wrong hands, can have disastrous results.  used in the right hands, you can get a tune that will outshine your auto tune.

Sorry I was talking about 1 bike. This is not my first bike by a long shot and certainally not my first rodeo on a dyno!!! I wasn't talking about all tuners. THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE between someone who thinks they know how to tune and someone who actually knows what they are doing utilizing a dyno. I have had the pleasure to meet both.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 05:23:08 PM »

The new SMART TUNE option on the race tuner is not an AUTO TUNE by a long shot. It tunes your bike but you must make the changes the program reccomends MANUALLY!!!!! Nothing AUTO about it. I would have never even thought about buying a race tuner, but a very good friend who is also a MASTER of TECHNOLOGY for HD talked me into it. He then talked me into the smart tune after the chitty dyno tune the dealer gave me. Believe me it works. 
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.365 seconds with 21 queries.