Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: SESG buyer needs help  (Read 6642 times)

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
SESG buyer needs help
« on: March 11, 2010, 04:47:39 PM »

I'd been away for awhile recently:
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=46903.0

Upon my return I got the news that there is no SESG set aside for me.

What would you do if you were me:
1.  wait until August/September for a 2011 SESG
2.  Hunt down and find a 2010 SESG in June
3.  Buy a standard 2010 SG

I've been waiting since September to try and get a 2010 SESG through ENCS since I'm deployed.  I just found out today that there were no more CVO's for 2010.  They told me that I could move my request to 2011 and that I was almost certain to receive an allocation for early in 2011.  This past August ENCS did receive several SESG's which I missed out on.  I will not be home until very late May or Effectively June.  So if you were me would you wait 2 months to get the 2011?

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
Re: SESG buyer needs help
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 04:57:06 PM »

Sapper,

If you want a Spiced Rum, call Eloy Lopez at High Country HD in the Denver/Boulder area @ 303.833.6777 (or have a stateside relative do it for you). High Country is a MSRP dealer and treated me great on my Spiced Rum. Tell him I referred you. If you need someone local to help with details, I would be glad to be of any help I could. Just say the word. We could do a Colorado tour and get your SESG back to High Country for its 1,000 mi service in no time.
Michael Menaker

devoinbk

• CVO1: FLHXSE-Tequila
    • CVO2: FXSTB-Slammed to the Ground Big AZZ Motor
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 04:58:57 PM »

Wait a little longer, get the Wheel you really want.  You have been away along time doing us all a great service, you deserve the best....get the best

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 05:02:37 PM »

Sapper,

If you want a Spiced Rum, call Eloy Lopez at High Country HD in the Denver/Boulder area @ 303.833.6777 (or have a stateside relative do it for you). High Country is a MSRP dealer and treated me great on my Spiced Rum. Tell him I referred you. If you need someone local to help with details, I would be glad to be of any help I could. Just say the word. We could do a Colorado tour and get your SESG back to High Country for its 1,000 mi service in no time.
Michael Menaker

Thanks Mike,

That may be just the kind of help I am looking for.  The hardest part of waiting until August for a 2011 bike is that I'll be burning up most of my hard earned/saved leave in June and July with no bike to ride.  I could easily fly out to the dealer and ride the bike all the way back to Indiana and visit with a few friends along the way.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 05:11:36 PM »

Sorry to hear about your situation.  I don't understand it.....I thought if you were over seas you just order it. :nixweiss:

Anyway, there are a lot of dealerships that sell for MSRP (and at least one that sold two CVOs for below MSRP :huepfenlol2:) and there may be a price drop on them in June/July (getting ready for the 11). 

The thing about buying a 10 that late is that you have the lowes mileage 10 out there.  The thing about waiting for an 11 is that you'll be one of the first.  Decisions, decisions, decisons......I hate em. :nixweiss:

Before, I'd say to wait for the 11.  But having one now and knowing first hand what I'd be missing......I'd say get it as soon as you can.  So I'm no help either way. :nixweiss:

Good luck in your decision. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 05:20:53 PM »

Sorry to hear about your situation.  I don't understand it.....I thought if you were over seas you just order it. :nixweiss:

Anyway, there are a lot of dealerships that sell for MSRP (and at least one that sold two CVOs for below MSRP :huepfenlol2:) and there may be a price drop on them in June/July (getting ready for the 11). 

The thing about buying a 10 that late is that you have the lowes mileage 10 out there.  The thing about waiting for an 11 is that you'll be one of the first.  Decisions, decisions, decisons......I hate em. :nixweiss:

Before, I'd say to wait for the 11.  But having one now and knowing first hand what I'd be missing......I'd say get it as soon as you can.  So I'm no help either way. :nixweiss:

Good luck in your decision. :2vrolijk_21:

As far as the bike being available is concerned, ENCS says they are the biggest dealer period, but they are still just a dealer and face limitations just the same.  I am disappointed in them, but mostly it is for not providing me with good information when I needed it.

I've gotten myself pretty excited about the prospects of what a 2011 SESG might offer, but in the end I'm afraid that no matter what the MOCO does for the initial design the most important part is likely what the end user does to make it personal.  Still.....  I wonder.

I have the go ahead from Household 6 to do the occasional rental for big family rides if I decide to wait on the 2011 till AUG, but to not have a bike in the garage after all this time is really depressing.

I should be able to save $2-3K off MSRP if I wait for the ENCS bike as well.

Has anybody seen any Concords available for MSRP?

worshipduder

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 05:25:56 PM »

As far as the bike being available is concerned, ENCS says they are the biggest dealer period, but they are still just a dealer and face limitations just the same.  I am disappointed in them, but mostly it is for not providing me with good information when I needed it.

I've gotten myself pretty excited about the prospects of what a 2011 SESG might offer, but in the end I'm afraid that no matter what the MOCO does for the initial design the most important part is likely what the end user does to make it personal.  Still.....  I wonder.

I have the go ahead from Household 6 to do the occasional rental for big family rides if I decide to wait on the 2011 till AUG, but to not have a bike in the garage after all this time is really depressing.

I should be able to save $2-3K off MSRP if I wait for the ENCS bike as well.

Has anybody seen any Concords available for MSRP?

I know of one in L.A. in the floor waiting to bought for MSRP
2010 FLXHSE Candy Concord
V&H Power Duals
V&H Hi-Output Slip-ons
TTS Mastertune
Feuling Reaper 574 Camchest Kit
Feuling Oil Pump
Dyno'd at 116 HP & 118 TQ
C&C Flame Stitched Seat
Wild 1 Chubby 575s
PM Contour Touring Mirrors
J&M 7.25 Speakers & 250 Watt Amp
Hogtunes Hogpod
Riders Claw
HD Contoured Heated Hand Grips
Wicked Image Flame Shift Linkage
Klock Werks Flare 8.5
HD Electra-Glo™ Light Pod Kit
Kury License Plate

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 05:34:44 PM »

My first thought would be for you to weigh out and decide if you really want the '10 or wait and get the '11. There used to be somewhat of a certainty that they would run a model for a minimum of 2 consecutive years before switching however that wasn't the case for the '09 SERG. With that said who knows what the MOCO has planned for '11. :nixweiss:

If you decide you want to get a '10 and could do the deal before you return stateside let us know what color you want so we can try to find it for you. This might require you having the bike shipped, picked up by someone, or stored at the dealer until you get back, but at least you would have the bike.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 05:40:14 PM »

Good advice d00d,

I still don't know for sure, but you know what they say about a bird in hand.

What do people out there think about the chances of the MOCO not doing a 2011 SESG?
:nixweiss:

My color preference as it stands now is:

Candy Concord
Tequila Sunrise
Spiced Rum

I like all of the colors though and would be happy I think with any of the 3.  As you likely know I've never seen one in person :huepfenlol2:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 05:47:15 PM »

Would you be interested in purchasing the bike before you got back to the states? If so I'm going to send your color preferences to my dealer, explain the situation and see if he can do anything to help you. Like you said a "bird in the hand" should mean the same thing to a selling dealer... if they can get the bike sold now instead of holding it inventory then the both of you will be happy. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 05:51:44 PM »

Man Sapper......that's only a "GUESS" at best, for anybody. :nixweiss:

I think they will......but then I would have thought they woud have ran the SERG a second year, also. :nixweiss:

You can always buy now at MSRP on the condition that they store it for you till you get home......then fly to where ever it's at and ride it home.  Two birds with one stone.....a new bike and a trip.  So get the bike in So Cal and call it a vacation. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 05:55:40 PM »

Would you be interested in purchasing the bike before you got back to the states? If so I'm going to send your color preferences to my dealer, explain the situation and see if he can do anything to help you. Like you said a "bird in the hand" should mean the same thing to a selling dealer... if they can get the bike sold now instead of holding it inventory then the both of you will be happy. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Short answer is yes, that is basically what I would have had to do with ENCS.  Thanks for looking into it for me.

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 06:00:20 PM »

Man Sapper......that's only a "GUESS" at best, for anybody. :nixweiss:

I think they will......but then I would have thought they woud have ran the SERG a second year, also. :nixweiss:

You can always buy now at MSRP on the condition that they store it for you till you get home......then fly to where ever it's at and ride it home.  Two birds with one stone.....a new bike and a trip.  So get the bike in So Cal and call it a vacation. :2vrolijk_21:

Fly, Buy and Ride was always me plan B until ENCS tried to hook me with a quick 2011 option that now has me at least considering the possibility.

I don't know if my wife would forgive me going to California with out her and at the same time no way am I ready to ride cross country with her after just getting back home... :nixweiss:

Maybe closer to home might be easier.  Not that I wouldn't love to see you guys or the Left coast. :2vrolijk_21:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 06:06:20 PM »

Short answer is yes, that is basically what I would have had to do with ENCS.  Thanks for looking into it for me.

Ok, just sent the owner an email asking if he had anything available/unspoken for, listed your color preference, and asked if he didn't have anything available to provide a list of dealers that had SESG in stock. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

DABB

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spicy
    • CVO2: Waiting for a yellow Ultra
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 07:25:46 PM »

Lake Shore HD in IL has a Spiced Rum coming in and sells at MSRP.
I am a man of simple tastes, easily satisfied with the best.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 07:26:35 PM »

that sucks to hear, but the simple answer is there is no right or wrong decision, things will either fall into place for a 10 and you will be happy or you will be first up for an 11 and be happy. most of of got a bike that was available at the right time for things to fall into place for us.

the most important things is to get back stateside in 1 piece and ride the hell out of whatever you end up with
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 07:40:54 PM »

Called the local dealer John. No more 2010 SESG. 2011s to hit late July. I know where you can pick up a Silver/Black 09 SERG with 1500 miles though  ;)

Hope you can find what you want.

Howie

dustingaunder

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE in Spiced Rum
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 08:01:02 PM »

There is a Candy Concord sitting at Forman Harley-Davidson in Stillwater, OK @ MSRP.  (405) 377-0045 press 1 for sales and ask for Lynn Youngblood.  Tell her I sent you and that I said hi if you call her.  She loves me! :D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 08:04:41 PM by dustingaunder »
2010 FLHXSE w/
Fullsac X-Pipe 'B'
2.0 Baffles
TTS Tune
Clearview 8" Smoke Recurve
Nice and Simple!

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 11:14:35 PM »

I've been waiting since September to try and get a 2010 SESG through ENCS since I'm deployed.  I just found out today that there were no more CVO's for 2010.  They told me that I could move my request to 2011 and that I was almost certain to receive an allocation for early in 2011.  This past August ENCS did receive several SESG's which I missed out on.  I will not be home until very late May or Effectively June.  So if you were me would you wait 2 months to get the 2011?

I may be wrong here but it is my understanding that the Motor company would allocate a bike to you under the military provision that you found at a dealer. So it may fall on you to decide which one you want.

Check my post on CVO BIKE locations in the General Discussion Section. There seems to be more and more MSRP bikes coming available.

Thanks for your service and be safe over there.  A good friend of mine just got back last month.

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 02:12:07 PM »

Gents, Thank you all for the heads up on the bike sightings, and naitram thanks for the great site. 

I'll try and email/call those dealers and see what they can do for me.

My wife is going to go by the dealership near our house today to look at the Spiced Rum they have there.  They just emailed me this morning after I told them how my plans had soured and said they have a Spiced Rum.  They did not mention a price and I do not know what their reputation is as an MSRP dealer or not.

The wife has seen the Spiced Rum before and it did not take to her liking.  I emailed the dealer and asked them if they would take it outside and let her have another look.  I have not heard anything back yet from either of them. :nixweiss:

How likely is a dealer to trade one bike for another color?  Guess I won't know if I don't ask....

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 02:37:57 PM »

Killer Creek in Roswell Georgia has two coming. Neither taken.

The first is a Spiced Rum, should be in an a week or so, the second color is not known.

Call Matt at 770-777-1000 (sales manager) I just got off the phone with him. Tell him Dave asked you to call. He is a MSRP dealer.

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2010, 06:33:20 PM »

Sapper, the Spiced Rum IS in at High Country HD in the Denver/Boulder area. Let me know if I can help.
Michael

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2010, 02:11:49 PM »

I started my first attempt to locate and deal on a bike with a hometown dealer, Indy-West.  I've been talking with them for months because I was planning on having the ENCS bike delivered there.

They told me they had a Spiced Rum on the Floor and could trade it for a Candy Concord from Elkhart, IN if I wanted.

I asked them if they were an MSRP dealer which they said they were.  So I asked them to send me the final numbers.

$30,999
+ $380 Freight
+$1620 Dealer Setup

Thats $33K with $2K in dealer fees.

I told them that I thought that they could do better on the dealer fees and they said they could not at this time.

What do you all think?  Are you an MSRP dealer if you add $2K onto the price of the bike in "fees"?  Are these "Fees" in the normal range?

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2010, 02:13:35 PM »

I started my first attempt to locate and deal on a bike with a hometown dealer, Indy-West.  I've been talking with them for months because I was planning on having the ENCS bike delivered there.

They told me they had a Spiced Rum on the Floor and could trade it for a Candy Concord from Elkhart, IN if I wanted.

I asked them if they were an MSRP dealer which they said they were.  So I asked them to send me the final numbers.

$30,999
+ $380 Freight
+$1620 Dealer Setup

I told them that I thought that they could do better on the dealer fees and they said they could not at this time.

What do you all think?  Are you an MSRP dealer if you add $2K onto the price of the bike in "fees"?  Are these "Fees" in the normal range?

NO! Just say "no" to those guys Sapper!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2010, 02:39:33 PM »

NO! Just say "no" to those guys Sapper!
Ditto that!!! The freight is about average, but setup/delivery (IMO) is way to much... especially for what "some" dealers don't do during this process.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

worshipduder

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2010, 04:27:26 PM »

$30,999
+ $380 Freight
+$1620 Dealer Setup

all I can say is "RIPOFF!"

dont do it. thats at LEAST a grand more than you should pay!

mj

2010 FLXHSE Candy Concord
V&H Power Duals
V&H Hi-Output Slip-ons
TTS Mastertune
Feuling Reaper 574 Camchest Kit
Feuling Oil Pump
Dyno'd at 116 HP & 118 TQ
C&C Flame Stitched Seat
Wild 1 Chubby 575s
PM Contour Touring Mirrors
J&M 7.25 Speakers & 250 Watt Amp
Hogtunes Hogpod
Riders Claw
HD Contoured Heated Hand Grips
Wicked Image Flame Shift Linkage
Klock Werks Flare 8.5
HD Electra-Glo™ Light Pod Kit
Kury License Plate

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2010, 04:43:03 PM »

Thanks for the confirmation gents.    Told them if they couldn't do better....  Sapper will travel, or wait on something else.

Time for me to start emailing those other dealers who you all have mentioned have the bikes.  Please continue to keep me updated.

Thanks.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2010, 05:55:04 PM »

I saw your first choice was Candy Concord. There is one sitting on the showroom floor of HD of NYC. That was the one I almost bought and they were willing to do MSRP for it. It's a few states away, so it depends on what you find closer to home. Their number is 718-707-9300. http://www.nycharleydavidson.com/

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2010, 06:03:47 PM »

Ben Breece HD Ottowa, Ohio have a Tequilla Sunrise setting on the floor. They do not charge delivery or setup. MSRP plus $75.00 tiltle fee. Just ask for Julie 419-523-4274.

:bananarock: :bananarock:
      Brad
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2010, 06:36:08 PM »

Mark and Brad thanks.  I'll contact the dealers that you mentioned.  I'm working on the closest dealers to Indiana first and branching out from there.

dustingaunder

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE in Spiced Rum
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2010, 07:20:15 PM »

Yeah, $2k in fees over MSRP isn't MSRP.  It would have been hard for me to not laugh at them for that.  Good Luck with your search.  My dealer in Stillwater still had the CC last time I talked to her.  She's awesome!
2010 FLHXSE w/
Fullsac X-Pipe 'B'
2.0 Baffles
TTS Tune
Clearview 8" Smoke Recurve
Nice and Simple!

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2010, 09:03:52 PM »

Sapper, is your first color choice Concord Blue?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2010, 09:06:10 PM »

Sapper, is your first color choice Concord Blue?
Good advice d00d,

I still don't know for sure, but you know what they say about a bird in hand.

What do people out there think about the chances of the MOCO not doing a 2011 SESG?
:nixweiss:

My color preference as it stands now is:

Candy Concord
Tequila Sunrise
Spiced Rum

I like all of the colors though and would be happy I think with any of the 3.  As you likely know I've never seen one in person :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2010, 07:13:52 AM »

Mike,

As d00d said, my 1st choice is for the Concord followed by the Tequila and then the Rum.

I appreciate all the help the members here are throwing my way.  Here is some more information that might help ya'll help me out more.

I will not be home until late May, so I have until then to close the deal, but am prepared to close anytime.

Lowest price is preferred.  I will travel or wait until May in order to not have to pay more than MSRP.

Distance from Indianapolis is preferred to be less than 800 miles.

For a Distance over 800 miles the cost savings would have to be equal to the travel expenses (cost of a 1 way plane ticket from Indy)

If you have SESG sightings or access to a listing of bikes from the MOCO please let me know.  I've been watching the 2010 CVO Bike Locator Postings closesly.

DABB

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spicy
    • CVO2: Waiting for a yellow Ultra
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2010, 09:55:39 AM »

Lake Shore HD in Illinois has one coming in soon.  I know I posted this already for you, but I believe the drive to them is very reasonable for you.  Only problem is it is Rum, the best color (just kidding, I am biased!).  847-662-4500, ask for Steve Swiney, mine was $500 off MSRP.  Good luck with your search.  Derek.
I am a man of simple tastes, easily satisfied with the best.

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2010, 10:11:32 AM »

Mike,

As d00d said, my 1st choice is for the Concord followed by the Tequila and then the Rum.

I appreciate all the help the members here are throwing my way.  Here is some more information that might help ya'll help me out more.

I will not be home until late May, so I have until then to close the deal, but am prepared to close anytime.

Lowest price is preferred.  I will travel or wait until May in order to not have to pay more than MSRP.

Distance from Indianapolis is preferred to be less than 800 miles.

For a Distance over 800 miles the cost savings would have to be equal to the travel expenses (cost of a 1 way plane ticket from Indy)

If you have SESG sightings or access to a listing of bikes from the MOCO please let me know.  I've been watching the 2010 CVO Bike Locator Postings closesly.

I am sorry it didn't occur to me sooner but if you and your bride want to see what the colors really look like, go to the post on the Kurakyn 9192 Tag Bracket. There are several members with all three colors who were kind enough to share pictures of their rides both inside and outside in the sun.

Regards

Jerry

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE CVO™ Road Glide® Ultra-Rio Red/Black/ Ember-Triked Out
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic #1408/Triked Out
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE TEQUILA SUNRISE/Not A CVO-2002 Heritage Softail---
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2010, 08:02:32 PM »

Ben Breece HD Ottowa, Ohio have a Tequilla Sunrise setting on the floor. They do not charge delivery or setup. MSRP plus $75.00 tiltle fee. Just ask for Julie 419-523-4274.

:bananarock: :bananarock:
      Brad

THANKS !!!!!

I am on my way tomorrow to pick it up!!!  500 mile round trip  :pepper: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber:
The one with the most Toys , WINS !!!

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2010, 05:45:48 PM »

THANKS !!!!!

I am on my way tomorrow to pick it up!!!  500 mile round trip  :pepper: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber:

George,  looks like you beat me to the punch by a day.  I just emailed them on Sunday.  Congratulations, that's my favorite color :2vrolijk_21:

Hi John,

I am sorry to say, but I took a deposit on the SE Street Glide Saturday.  I will let you know if something falls through.  Thanks for the inquiry.

Julie Breece
Ben Breece Harley-Davidson
Ottawa, OH

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2010, 06:54:45 PM »

Somebody else find Sapper a deal on a SE Street Glide back there.......help the guy out. :2vrolijk_21:

George, quick while nobody's lookin......change your avatar to a TS....... ;D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 06:56:29 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

chopper roy

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2010, 07:02:00 PM »

MOTOR CITY HD IN FARMINGTON HILLS MICHIGAN HAS A TEQUILLA AND CONCORD ON THE FLOOR FOR MSRP (248-473-7433

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2010, 08:18:33 PM »

Thanks Roy,

I'll send them an email.  I've got a couple of good proposals I'm working on, thanks to all of the helpful insight I've gotten from the members here.  I don't think it should be too long before I finalize something.  It will be hard to beat the deal in Ohio though :huepfenlol2:

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2010, 08:30:09 PM »

Damn  , Sorry John,  I thought you were going for the 'blue'...........  I just got back tonight and got to ride 15 miles before the real cold set in  , 38 now, wife got 'chilly'

Any way, this dealer is 1st rate !!!, great deal no hassle's, and NICE PEOPLE, wish we had more dealers like them who appreciate a customer .

The color is great, becomes outstanding when the sun hits it.

Now need to ride this week and start the 'break in' miles before we head south for a little vacation

:pepper:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2010, 11:46:44 PM »

Somebody else find Sapper a deal on a SE Street Glide back there.......help the guy out. :2vrolijk_21:

George, quick while nobody's lookin......change your avatar to a TS....... ;D

See, nobody even saw you do that. ;D

West Coast GTG   

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2010, 11:56:47 PM »

:coolblue:

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2010, 06:50:45 AM »

Damn  , Sorry John,  I thought you were going for the 'blue'...........  I just got back tonight and got to ride 15 miles before the real cold set in  , 38 now, wife got 'chilly'

Any way, this dealer is 1st rate !!!, great deal no hassle's, and NICE PEOPLE, wish we had more dealers like them who appreciate a customer .

The color is great, becomes outstanding when the sun hits it.

Now need to ride this week and start the 'break in' miles before we head south for a little vacation

:pepper:

Nothing to be sorry about George.  I am looking for the Blue bike.  I'm just messing with ya!  I was just feeling out my options.  TS was my second choice :2vrolijk_21:

I've got a couple of Irons in the fire and more time before I can even think about slinging a leg over the saddle.

I am happy for you.  It's a great thing that a member of this site was able to find a good deal on a bike because of the helpfulness of the members here and this thread.

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2010, 11:15:07 AM »

Sapper,  My two cents here, but I would pull the trigger if you can find what YOU WANT, don't settle for anything less as ultimately down the road you'll be sorry that you did.  I'm sure that there will still be some Concords out there in May/June when you get back as well.  It's just how far are you willing to travel to get one.

Good luck and stay safe.
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2010, 06:31:50 PM »

I GOT ONE!

I put down the deposit and am just awaiting the paperwork.  MSRP and no fees for my new Candy Concord,  the sales staff was great and just too easy to deal with.  Hopefully the rest will continue to go as smooth.  You can see her on the floor of Motor City HD in Farmington Hills Michigan.  I've got to get some sleep, but thought you all should know.  Thanks for all the help. :2vrolijk_21:

6-OUT.

04se103

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2010, 06:37:58 PM »

Thats Great News Sapper  :2vrolijk_21:

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2010, 07:38:05 PM »

Sapper,
Fantastic! Now, plan a trip to Colorado when you get back home. We've got a pretty good list of Colorado CVO owners going. The roads and scenery are great here.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2010, 07:52:47 PM »

I GOT ONE!

I put down the deposit and am just awaiting the paperwork.  MSRP and no fees for my new Candy Concord,  the sales staff was great and just too easy to deal with.  Hopefully the rest will continue to go as smooth.  You can see her on the floor of Motor City HD in Farmington Hills Michigan.  I've got to get some sleep, but thought you all should know.  Thanks for all the help. :2vrolijk_21:

6-OUT.
Outstanding John  :beerchug:

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2010, 08:42:18 PM »

That's great news....and good choice of color :huepfenlol2:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2010, 09:07:50 AM »

I GOT ONE!

6-OUT.
Great news!!!! Congrats!!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 19 roadglide mako shark
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2010, 09:26:21 AM »

congrats glad you found one i thought i was going to have to sell you mine. best of luck with it stay safe and get home soon and thanks
04 cvo duece blue sold
06 electaglide classic sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako
and washboy for wifes softail deluxe

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2010, 10:50:43 AM »

I GOT ONE!

I put down the deposit and am just awaiting the paperwork.  MSRP and no fees for my new Candy Concord,  the sales staff was great and just too easy to deal with.  Hopefully the rest will continue to go as smooth.  You can see her on the floor of Motor City HD in Farmington Hills Michigan.  I've got to get some sleep, but thought you all should know.  Thanks for all the help. :2vrolijk_21:

6-OUT.

Great news!  And a great color to boot! :2vrolijk_21:  I'm happy for you and your wife....that you got what you wanted, the color you wanted and could make it all come together.  A buddy of mine always says "good things happen to good people". 

I'm just glad all the blue bikes are back east.  10k miles on mine and I still haven't come across another blue one out here........certainly not the way it was with the blue and black SEEGs in 04. :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2010, 12:13:24 PM »

Outstanding John  :beerchug:

This one's for you Howie!

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2010, 12:54:05 PM »

Pickup or Delivery?

Seems to me most buyers want to inspect their bikes at the dealer to ensure that the dealer can verify any irregularities or warranty issues before the bike leaves.  How many of you would choose for someone else to pick up your bike and trailer it home, thereby eliminating the chance to do that first inspection at the dealer.  I know many owners have found a problem after leaving the dealer, during the first wash for instance, but been able to go back to the dealership and point out the problem.

I think my father or my father-in-law may trailer the bike to my home, so that it is there when I get back.  I don't mind going to pick it up and I'll have the time to do it.  I'm just not sure that I want eliminate the inspection part of the delivery.

What do you all think?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2010, 01:34:33 PM »

I know Ernie and Andy (and there have been others) both bought bikes unseen....just trusting another member's visual.  However, neither were "new".

If I were the one volunteering to do that "visual" for a member of this board it would probably take me twice as long as when I do it for myself......just being extra careful not to miss anything.  Might invite a friend or two along also.  Six eyes are better than two.

If your father trailers it home and covers it and you find a paint defect whenever you come home and it's got virtually the same miles that it did when they left the dealerships (and it's not a surface scratch) I don't think they would/could argue with that. :nixweiss: 

Oh yea, have the dealership put a battery tender lead on it and have your father plug it in when he gets the bike home. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2010, 01:49:27 PM »

This one's for you Howie!
:zroflmao: Thank you sir may I have another  :drink: On a serious note as excited as you've been to nail this down combined with the fact that your asking this question ... it sounds like you might be best served to enjoy the inspection process yourself. JMHO!!

Congrats again :vrolijk_10:   :2vrolijk_08:

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2010, 07:56:41 PM »

Fantastic !!!!!....... I am off the 'hook' now  :orange:

May cannot come soon enough now !!!

NW_FLSTRSE3_2009

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 O&B
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2010, 09:47:20 AM »

I had to wait for my bike too when I came home.  All Military Sales come straight from the factory.  So take your pick, wait for 2010 or wait for 2011.
Servin our Country since 1980.
USMC 1980-1992
Since then workin on the border...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.369 seconds with 21 queries.