Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Whad you pay for ur FLHXSE2 $$? Coming from Australia, ride around U.S.......?  (Read 2248 times)

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member

I am thinking about coming over to America...  What did you Guys get your 2011 CVO Street Glide for?  It might be better for me to buy one there, and sell it back or ship it back. 

They cost about $50 k here in Oz... $49k and change plus a few goodies and you are there.   :nixweiss:  And about $3000 each way freight...  :nervous:  Might be better to buy one there and ship it back or sell it back to the Shop?  Renting one is expensive, just thinking.....

Also,
Been to Daytona on Bikeweek in about 1992....  Where would you go west of the Mississippi in July?   Any suggestions beside Sturgis? What about Colorado, Rockies, Yellowstone? Grand Canyon?  Tombstone?  Monument valley?  Fishermans Wharf in S.F.?   Redwoods?  Yosemite?   Any suggestions welcome.

Do the same for you if you come to Oz...

Cowboy 2 in Australia

warpig

• Semper FI

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 black and crimson

Çowboy, I paid MSRP no prep no freight, here in Ohio.  For riding I heard arizona and the surrounding areas are nice riding, I might be headed out there in sep.  Hope this helps!

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member

So Dealers stay with a Nationwide suggested Retail?

I thought they might discount based on excess stock or not.....???????????

and yes, thinking Arizona to Colorado might be really good riding...  Castle Rock, Jerome ghost town was in the HOG group mag last year....

Horses and Harleys, not sure there is any better...  :2vrolijk_21:

PierceEye

• Living The Life In Florida
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE8-ANV

Really cool place to hang out is Manitou Springs., Colorado and then ride up to Cripple Creek and go gambling and usually are a ton of bikes there.

http://www.bing.com/maps/explore/?FORM=MLOMAP&PUBL=GOOGLE&crea=userid1743go6a1c1270db6e7f374a897e012428c985e#/trjk0wyo0m1l079h
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 07:53:18 PM by PierceEye »
FLHTCUSE8-Anv w/ Vance & Hines true dual Ovals
88.85hp & 109.33tq tuned with the SE Pro Super Tuner

HogHvn

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Spiced Rum

MSRP in the states is $32,499.

Wayne G

• Senior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2011 Kyrpto CVO SESG2 2/17/11
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
    • CVO3: 2016 Softail Slim S

Cowboy,  

The way I see it with having talked to sales guys at 3 different dealers, the FLHXSE2 bikes are a limited run so the dealers can let it sit on the floor a short while, according to them "they will sell".  I paid MSRP for my Krypto SG.  IMO theres enough of us crazy guys who buy these bikes then as my girlfriend asks "why do you buy a beautiful expensive bike just to take it apart and change it?"  My reply is always "because I can!"  
 Lookup Madmaps they have great maps made for bikers. You will find some really great rides from Arizona to Colorado, have done that area and it is breathtaking.

Good riding
Wayne

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2

Hey cowboy......some food for thought.

The CVO SG that go to Australia are part of the International market which means that it requires the pig nose brake light, amber turn signals and a speedo in kilometers. The U.S. models which are the domestic models do not have the pig nose brake light. It has dark smoked lenses which are also your brake lights and a speedo in MPH. Also your warranty would not be honered in Aus.

Will you be able to get the bike to pass inspection to regester it and put an Aus. licence plate on it? and how much taxes do you have to pay to clear customs.

This is the problem i ran into when i wanted to bring a 2010 CVO SG from the U.S. When it was all said and done the difference that i would have saved is what i paid for my CVO here in Canada and i have my warranty and i did not have to run around to get.

JT OZY

• Junior CVO Member

Cowboy,

I have had the good furtune to tour the USA on my own H/D (03 Heritage) two times now, both time's were for a six week long tour and I found that it was less hassle to send my own scooter across,there is somthing about riding your own,it kind of adds to the excitment of the trip to have the bike of your dreams riding the amazing highways and byways of the USA. I found the best riding for ME was from the WEst coast across to the East side of the Rockies,there is a bloody lot to see out there and six weeks just does not do it justice.I can give you a lot more information on particular roads to take and magnificent landscapes to veiw it just depends on what your looking for.

I will be going back in 2013 for at least 8 weeks this time round and I will take my own SESG.

Happy planing

JT 
I intend to ride for ever
So far so good

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member

JT,

That is sort of my feelings as well.... Nothing like taking your own scooter, use to it, know it, good friendly feeling.....

JT, can I ask please:  How did you ship yours, and what costs????

Cowboy in Oz....Qld

Lucky88

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG Kryptonite/Black Diamond
    • CVO3: 2011.5 SEUC Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt

Cowboy, was that not you on a OB SG in another thread.....that was one sweet ride anyway. :carrot:
2004 Honda RVT1000-(RC51) still in crate
2004 BMW K1200RS - Go anywhere bike
2006 BMW GS Adventure special edition -still in crate
2009 BMW HP2 Sport  #1-w/ABS- still in crate
2010 CVO SESG- Spiced Rum- wants to come out to play
2011 BMW HP2 Sport - Waiting for a Motorsport Edition-wishful thinking
2011 CVO SESG- Kryptonite- Finally arrived 2-21-11
2011.5 CVO Ultra Classic- Blue or Red? ...BLUE! arrived 3-28-11

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member

Hello Lucky88,

Dunno...   :nixweiss:  But mine is an OB FLHX SE2, that I put V&H Cross extractors, Super Trap mufflers with 0 Discs, no cats, very deep and loud, and I added the CVO Passing lights on the front...  Added LEDs in the metal trim under the curvy windshield with indicators one end LED, LED indicators on chrome mirror covers, LED tail light...  Race Tuner, and a bit more...

Someone said I looked like a Klingon, but the look is for a Street Ministry with the Poor and Street People.  If we look a bit rough they will open up more to us when we hang with them...

I will post my picture here, to see if that is the one you are talking about...  Also Anyone done the Alaskan Highway?   Is that a bit too ambitious on a Street Glide???

Lucky88 here is the wierdo (me) himself:

JT OZY

• Junior CVO Member

Hey Cowboy,

I shipped with the Heavy Duty group twice but never again will I do that, just didn't get good service. I shipped my scooter over to the South Island of NZ last year with GET ROUTED (Dav Mulligan) and found him to be very honest,reliable and reasonable with his rates.The good thing with him is that he takes all the hassle out of having the scoot insured and road registered for the country that you will be entering not that I couldn't do it myself but I like you run a very busy business in the construction industry and my time is valuable so I let the experts do the work for me. I have spoken to Dave about my next trip in 2013 he ships into the Northern part of the west coast now and I will be starting to set out the areas Id like to visit again and also some new destinations within the US and  Southern Canada from that point on.Ill probably get over to Milwaukee for the 110th anniversary as well,it is a bit of a hike but what the hell its a ride thats well worth doing Harley really puts on a great party and the American people are all very friendly and obliging to us foreigners. Ive been to Sturgus twice now and could quite easily bypass that this time around not that theres anything wrong with it its just that it takes me a week to get over the partying.(biggest time i have ever had was in the Broken spoke saloon ahhh but that a nother story).

Oh Dav tells me the cost would be a bit over 3500 in his containers if I leave the bags and all on the bike,he puts em straight in so cant fit as many in one container.You could pull the front wheel from the bike get it in cross ways and would cost a bit less.
The only down side Cowboy is that you are without a scoot for at least 6weeks either side of the journey while it is on the water.

Hope I have been of some good to you.

JT

I intend to ride for ever
So far so good

Lucky88

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG Kryptonite/Black Diamond
    • CVO3: 2011.5 SEUC Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt

Yup, that was you they called Klingon... :huepfenlol2: Great sense of humor you have! I really like the passing lights addition to the OB. Looks really good on that bike. I don't know too many roads outside of Cali, but if you're wanting to know more roads and scenic rides, check out this site. Pertains to almost any type of riding. http://www.pashnit.com/
2004 Honda RVT1000-(RC51) still in crate
2004 BMW K1200RS - Go anywhere bike
2006 BMW GS Adventure special edition -still in crate
2009 BMW HP2 Sport  #1-w/ABS- still in crate
2010 CVO SESG- Spiced Rum- wants to come out to play
2011 BMW HP2 Sport - Waiting for a Motorsport Edition-wishful thinking
2011 CVO SESG- Kryptonite- Finally arrived 2-21-11
2011.5 CVO Ultra Classic- Blue or Red? ...BLUE! arrived 3-28-11

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8

Cowboy, here's a thread of 11 pages of a tour that my wife and I did last Sept.  We rode nine western states in two weeks.....  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=54514.0
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • CVO2: 1996 FXSTC

really not worth trying to bring one back , basically the on road difference is $10000, but you take into account a bike that is homologated for this area , so it is not just the case of change muffler , speedo , elecricals .
then comes engineers reports etc.
just buy here , get the warranty.

probably the best trip i have ever done was when 12 of us from ozhog flew our bikes to LA, and did the big circle , up the west coast to spokane through idaho , wypming , south dakota to the 95th  in milwaukee, a week there , the down to chicago and follow route 66 roughly back to LA
11,000 km 3weeks and seventeen states,
and the best part was drop our bikes at melb airport one week before, two bikes per container , then on the way back 5 days before drop bike at LAX and ride home from the airport in melbourne when we arrived home

se heavy duty magazine volume 9 number two for ride report and photos
and live to ride april 2000  edition 140 for a great photo , page 11
 :pepper:  :drink:
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 20 queries.