Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flush fuel caps on Red 2011  (Read 1779 times)

cliffy

• Junior CVO Member
Flush fuel caps on Red 2011
« on: April 21, 2011, 04:08:28 AM »

I've had the bike for about 2 weeks and despite some minor oil problems I absolutely love it. It's a great ride and real eye catching bike.

I had the flush fitting caps fitted a couple of days ago. I ordered them with the bike so did not realise the blue LEDs would clash with the standard red lit dials. It's ok during the day but at night it looks a bit naff. Does anyone know if you can get a fuel gauge with red LEDs?

Out of interest the part number of the set fitted was 62823-08A and the part number of the gas cap itself is 63135-10. So far I've had no problems. There seems to be a lot of confusion over the correct part number to use. The numbers seem to vary depending on which parts catalogue you're looking at. The full catalogue for 2011 actually quotes 62823-08B though the 2011 multi-fit catalogue quotes 62818-08A for a Softail. I'm going back to the dealer today to get him to confirm that I've got the right one.

Still waiting for the chrome arm to attach my new Garmin 660 and also the Air Wing rack and Moustache engine bars, all on order since March. The local dealer keeps saying that the delivery problems are caused by HD relocating one of their warehouses last December. Is anyone else having problems getting parts?

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
Re: Flush fuel caps on Red 2011
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 01:36:10 PM »

2007 Fxstsse springers have red led gas gauge flush mount.  sorry dont know part numbers

>I think the 2011 street glide also have red or blue depending on which color combo the bike is, you can also get black or chrome rims

etudeguy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 01:47:02 PM »

The B instead of the A after 62823-08 means the part has been updated. I do believe that 62823-08B is the current part for the Convertible.

Are you going to put the light kit on your Air Wing rack?

Etudeguy

cliffy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 03:47:44 PM »

Yes, I'm putting the light kit on the rack. Today I was told by dealer that the rack should be in stock next week, after Easter. I ordered it about 6 weeks ago. Out of interest the local dealer has 3 or 4 of the rack light kits in clear and red but no racks.

Page created in 0.461 seconds with 22 queries.