Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: My New Bro's  (Read 1974 times)

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
My New Bro's
« on: May 02, 2006, 10:52:32 AM »

Well this being my 1000th post I figure I might as well sum up my time on this site. First I will say that riding for me is a big part of my life and my HD is like a part of me an extension of my very soul. These to me are the reasons why I think we all get along around here,albeit the few bumps in the road we may have had with other members or moderators. Those bumps make up the fabric of individuality that draw us to peer into this screen and read into someone elses thoughts. We agree,disagree or it doesn't matter to us either way, but we post.We trade personal stories of the trials and tribulations of our lives. We try to steer others away from the traps we ourselves fell victim to. We laugh we cry we feel emotion for one another even though we have never met face to face.We sit behind the screen and type til our fingers bleed black and orange,and to some they think "Why are you spending so much time on that computer posting on some silly message board?".My reply is "It's not only a message board to me,Its my family." Like I said I may not know you on a face to face level but I still know you.One of my first expierences of this site goes back to when I was a newbie and was travelling to Biketoberfest and one of our Floridian members out of nowhere PM'ed me his cell phone number and offered to give me a tour of areas outside Daytona where the locals ride. He offered himself to me ,not even knowing a thing about me, just some guy with a CVO going to Daytona. That member was Harry(Unbalanced).That meant alot to me that he would do that,looking back now I'm sorry I never hooked up with him down there.Then he goes down and I feel for him and his family like a good friend I wished I could be there for him and help him out in his time of need. Slowly as we get into the riding season I plan on meeting as many members as i can.That is why I decided to do Maggie Valley this year,I think with the growth of the site and the bonds I've made it will be like a 20 state family reunion.When I get old and I can't ride anymore these are the things I will look back on as being the best times of my life and all of you are a part of that.One person in particular I am glad to have met is Big B. He is kinda like a mentor to me on the level that he's been a biker for a long time.We talk on the phone twice a week and talk about bikes,family friends just Brother to Brother BS. If you all got to speak to him like I have you would know that he is a straight up Bro and would be by your side no matter what.Brian thanks for being you Bro. And to Neal,he is the first voice I heard from the site.I thank him for putting this together for us to enjoy.I don't think even he could have expected in the years of this site that this is where it would go.I chat with thim often,met face to face with him and he as well is a solid Bro.Thanks Neal for everything.And the others I've met, Bill(WFP),Mark(MYCVO),Glenn(Ghaz) and Steve, Neals brother, you guys are the reason this site is great and why I think that we are family.These guys will put themselves out for you with no question asked.I'm pretty sure most of us here would do it aswell. A few more names I'd like to mention: FIREDOOD,HDDUDE,TWOLANE,JCZ,V-GIRL,103THUNDER,BLM777,ERNIEZAP,HUBBARD,ISELBULLS,WILLIED,DCFIREMANN,JOCK,GROVER,OTIS,RJOB749,MRSWECVO and to those who I have not mentioned I have writers block at this time and as they come back to memory I will post you up.oh and 1 more name Screamin Beagle Be good Matt watch over our Bro. In conclusion Thank You, all of you who contribute to me ,this site and to the lifestyle we love.Now go out and get some riding in [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]Frankenserks Rule! Elvis is dead!  Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: My New Bro's
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 11:01:06 AM »

Well said, BD   [smiley=beerchug.gif]

I'm a newcomer, but the guys and girls on here are kindred spirits, from what I can tell. I look forward to meeting some of them (and you, BD) in MV.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 11:04:27 AM »

Well said Q [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Congrats on the milestone 1,000th post and thanks to you for your contributions.  

It is amazing that so many folks can hook up here and put together meetings on both ends of the country and rides like Quincy, Plymouth and Historic Virginia and get the CVO group together.  Thanks for the "shout out" and once again CONGRATS Q [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 11:40:20 AM »

Well John,
              That's what I'm talkin about dude. After 999 things we never knew about you, 1,000 was the best of all. You are indeed an asset to the site. And thanks for the kind words for me and the other folks on the site as well.
              A few years ago in Daytona while visiting my old bro Animal and his lady, I ran into a bunch of younger guys at the Iron Horse Saloon. It didn't take more than a minute to realize they had just bought their first Harley-Davidson motorcycles. Well that's a good thing I'm thinking. Sadly that impression lasted as long as it took for them to light the fashion accessories stuffed in their pie holes. I had just had a hip implant done and was limping pretty badly. One of them was trying to park his bike where there was no room and he yelled at me " hey old man, move your sorry ass" All of his buddies laughed like they were cocks of the walk. Being a charitable guy, what I said to him I said to him only so as not to show him for the fool that he was. Under his breath he muttered an apology, but as I walked away, I heard him say out loud, "F_ _ _ the old bastard. I thought to myself, the MoCo is doomed. I had come of age in a day when such disrespect would have gotten me shot. Now it seemed that the younger generation was prone to run their pie holes and then hide behind Mommy and Daddy's lawyers.  One of the things I have you to thank for John is checking people's profiles. It never occurred to me till you mentioned it one day on the phone. As such, I see how many of you younger guys are out there and reading your posts, I know that the true spirit of the MoCo will live on. As I get older I find it harder and harder to make new friends. You have become a friend and I look forward to riding with you. Nothing could be a more perfect setting either than sharing that first ride with the other folks from this site at Maggie Valley. So thanks little brother for the peace of mind you've given me in knowing that there will be keeper's of the flame after us older guys can only sit on the porch and sing Glory Days
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 11:41:36 AM by SPIDERMAN »

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 12:12:07 PM »

Well its guys like you and others from this site that have the wisdom to pass down to the younger generations.And I guess someday it will be my turn to do the same.I will definately keep the traditions and I will keep the flame burning til the last shovel full of dirt covers me up.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 12:13:27 PM »

Spiderman, well said.  This is turning into one of those threads that sort of puts a tear (happy one) in a guys eye.

I too have at times wondered about the "new" Harley riders, be they young or old.  How often does someone you meet hear of your new bike and say "oh you got on that bandwagon too", well I quietly reply that I've been on it since 1976 when I got my first of many HD's.

I've got you by a couple of years but as you point out, there are those guys like you ran into and then there are the "real" Harley riders that live and breath their bikes, not out to be a fashion statement or a "biker" whatever they think that is.  No the guys that make it what it is have a connection far deeper than the superficial trappings.

It reminds me of a time in New Mexico when a cowboy walked into the hole in the wall I was having breakfast at in a little cow town of about 50 people, and sat down for a quiet meal.  Some city slicker walked up to him and complimented him on his cowboy "outfit", shaps, hat and vest etc. I guess the guy figured the cowboy to be some wanna be.  Well, you can imagine the the reaction......but the ol' cowpoke just half looked up, gave a crooked grin and grunted "thanks".  My, my, what a gentleman.

Sounds like you were too, if you'd chosen to kick some a$$ they wouldn't have figured that out either.  There just isn't a cure for dumbass, too bad, cause there would be a pretty big market for it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 12:16:15 PM by Rjob749 »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 12:37:16 PM »

[highlight]There just isn't a cure for dumbass, too bad, cause there would be a pretty big market for it. [/highlight]

Rjob  
       Hope you don't mind if I steal that line  ;)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 12:37:58 PM by SPIDERMAN »

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 02:10:15 PM »

[highlight]"It's not only a message board to me,Its my family." Like I said I may not know you on a face to face level but I still know you."[/highlight]

Q,
So well put bro', I can't think of a better way to express what the site becomes to us after a bit. Congratulations on the 1K club! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Joe

[highlight]There just isn't a cure for dumbass, too bad, cause there would be a pretty big market for it.[/highlight] Now that kinda sums up a whole of chit.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 02:21:04 PM by CVOJOE »
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 03:30:58 PM »

Mr SERK has put it perfectly.  I spend time here learning from people who've been there and done that.  I certainly can't claim to know much if anything and am ready to listen to other's experiences.  Sometimes I wonder what they are thinking, but I'm always able to see another side afterwards.  My hat's off to everyone here. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]  This is the one of two sites I frequent and the other is not bike related.  Ride on.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 05:43:07 PM »

Q,
Very well said. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] You sure know how to make a 1k post in style bro. ;D Thanks for the kind words, and the sentiments go back to you. I've enjoyed our talks and can't wait to get in the wind with you.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 10:09:16 PM »

BigtakenoflapinyerfacemacDaddy-Q,

Congrats on your one hell of a 1000th post! WOW!! I even got a little teary eyed. That was pretty impressive to say the least. Glad to see your going to Maggie Valley. I'll be looking forward to riding with the Frankenserk!

Keep on postin' Bro [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Be safe and see ya in the Valley,

Grover

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2006, 10:25:44 PM »

. . . Maggie Valley . . . it will be like a 20 state family reunion. . .

Well, it's 2[highlight]2[/highlight] states so far, but who's counting? [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] :D

Anyway, congrats on 1,000 posts!  [smiley=drink.gif] I'll keep a box of Kleenex close to the computer for number 2,000. :'( Looking forward to meeting you in the Valley! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 11:00:31 PM »

Well, PrinceSERK, you have certainly outdone yourself!  If you decide to give up your current career, you might want to give writing a try!  That was one heck of a post.  You pretty much summed up how the rest of us feel, but never have the nerve to put in writing!!  You (and the purple steed) rule!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

V.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 11:01:41 PM by TheVgirl »
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

jachin72

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2006, 11:27:05 PM »

Skipper,

Congratulations on #1000 [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Great post, and you're 100% right about BB [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Look forward to reading more.

Steve

Michael

• Michael's Stable
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2012 FLTRXSE BLACK & BLUE
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2006, 03:15:27 AM »

Well Big Daddy...

I wish I met you before I left CT. Now I patiently await your next trip to FL.

Biketoberfest 2006???
2012 FLTRXSE B&B
2010 Haulmark VHauler
2007 Shelby Mustang GT
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.241 seconds with 21 queries.