Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: American Iron Horse  (Read 701 times)

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
American Iron Horse
« on: May 08, 2006, 07:22:32 PM »

Somewhere I remember a rant on other production MC companies and I have a little tidbit to add. A good friend of mine bought an AIH Slammer from Maine about a year ago. Since then he has had the heads replaced.In which they didn't put it together properly and it went down again.He was out of the game for 4 weeks that time and his 6sp locked up on him on the highway and luckily he sensed it coming and pulled to the shoulder. After reviewing the lemon laws he found out that what happened falls under Maines lemon law and is entitled to a new bike or all his money plus interest back.He made a call to AIH talked to some exec but one who couldn't make any descisions so he replied to the guy "Well get me one that can." That was this morning.I was on the phone with him at 4:00 and he said to me that AIH is on the other line I gotta go.20 min later he calls me back and says that the CEO of AIH told him that he watched a new tranny go into a box and is overnighting it personally so he could have his bike back by no later than Weds. to this my boy replies You know I can invoke the lemon law on this.The CEO responds yes I had my atty look at this and I know,what do you want to do.Well my boy says I want a 6yr extended warranty,if my bike goes down for any repair more than 3 days I want a loaner and I want the new model chrome rims(his are polished). The CEO then responds "As long as you sign off on invoking the lemon law OK" he then adds"What size leather jacket do you wear?" My boy responds back I wear a large and my girl wears a small.After all is said and done these are the preliminary parameters of the deal.My question is would AIH have done any of this without the lemon law? Probably not but 1 thing is for sure when money and reputation were at stake the CEO stepped up and took the bull by the horns.. I will update as information becomes available. Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
Re: American Iron Horse
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 09:02:07 PM »

Now if we could only get to someone at MoCo who can make a decision on the paint issues plenty of my fellow Ultra riders are having then we'd be getting somewhere ::)

kng103

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2004  SE-103          ROAD KING CLASSIC
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 10:32:15 AM »

Now if we could only get to someone at MoCo who can make a decision on the paint issues plenty of my fellow Ultra riders are having then we'd be getting somewhere ::)

not that it should make a difference, because right is right, but iron horse probably sells 1 bike to every 1000 harleys.
it makes it a little easier to get the ceo on the phone. don't you think?

2004 flhrci se-103 pearl white
bassani true duals w/ho mufflers
se air cleaner
sert
se-251 cam
s&s reed valve
24/37 gearing
se-6 sp
rumble road speakers
2008 lincoln mark lt(silver)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 01:19:56 PM »

This sounds about right for Maine. Kinda funny, Beags and my friends in SoCal think I'm a major pain at times. Mostly it's cause your story illustrates how I lived my life for 44 years. This attitude is found in almost every business you deal with in Maine, right down to the local diner. Good old Maine integrity. Nothing like it.

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.