Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: What Highway Peg Mount Works Best On the 2011-2012 FLHXSE2/3  (Read 4667 times)

SpeedshifterZ06

• Junior CVO Member

What mounts work best on these bikes given the location of the speakers?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: What Highway Peg Mount Works Best On the 2011-2012 FLHXSE2/3
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 09:08:54 AM »

Not sure what the speakers would have to do with it unless you were putting them on top.  

I've always mounted mine on the bottom end of the crash bar, just above the bottom bend.  I often ride with my heels on the floor boards and my toes up on the pegs......very comfortable position and still very close to the brake pedal.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SpeedshifterZ06

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 09:18:22 AM »

Well I set on a 2011 and just could not figure out the proper place to place the mounts. I came to the conclusion that some type that swiveled back towards the rider would be the best fit for me. I'm somewhat short 5/9-5/10 and just could seem to get a good position. I have them on my 2002 RK and they are mounted in a area where the speakers would be if it had them. Maybe I just prefer them mounted higher not sure. My shorter legs don't allow them to be mounted real low. Just thinking, bike should be in around October. If I remember correctly Harley sells a swivel type mount that I could mount lower and angle back towards me to compensate for the leg length.

SpeedshifterZ06

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 11:47:21 PM »

This will be my first CVO, I notice the foot pegs and specific accessories are not offered in the HD parts on line. I understand that all these items are one offs and specific to me model. My question is do I order additional highway pegs by using my vin number or can additional parts not be ordered without crash damage etc.? This may seem like a stupid question but for 20 years I just walked in a found what I needed. I have not ask the dealer, bike will not be in until Sept or Oct. His first three were already pre sold.

Ticitme

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Street Glide

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide Dark Slate/Black Diamond
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 12:23:52 AM »

This will be my first CVO, I notice the foot pegs and specific accessories are not offered in the HD parts on line. I understand that all these items are one offs and specific to me model. My question is do I order additional highway pegs by using my vin number or can additional parts not be ordered without crash damage etc.? This may seem like a stupid question but for 20 years I just walked in a found what I needed. I have not ask the dealer, bike will not be in until Sept or Oct. His first three were already pre sold.

You can order the passenger pegs piece by piece to the tune of $240.00 retail. No need to crash, they aren't restricted. They would make great highway pegs. The new slipstream pegs are close to the CVO style.

SpeedshifterZ06

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 06:03:25 AM »

Ouch, at that price I think I will move the passenger pegs to the front and look for similar floorboards for the back. Possibly a small unit that is similar, in the folded up arrangement 70 percent of the time anyway.

Dead_Reckoning

• Elite CVO Member
  • 03 SERK
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 06:24:55 AM »

My Wife "Always" wants Passenger Floorboards.
I bought P/N 50964-98 - Engine Guard Footpeg Mounting Kit. Used the Passenger Footpegs, matches every other item on my SERK.
Then mounted them with the extended part of clamp point aft, just above the turn to the straight run u[ward. Just as others have mentioned.
For me, this is the most comfortable position ever on a MC.

Then Bought the Passenger Floorboad kit and matching Passenger Floorboard Mats.

Cheers
DR
 :)
Government is best which governs least.

Power Commander 3 Tuner
Doherty Power PACC with K&N Air Filter
Screamin' Eagle® Hydraulic Cam Chain Tensioner and High-Flow Oil Pump
Headwinds 2" Bullet Passing Lights 50w'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
Dual Bulb Halogen Headlamp Kit

Marine Aviator

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 09:13:09 PM »

Not sure what the speakers would have to do with it unless you were putting them on top.  

I've always mounted mine on the bottom end of the crash bar, just above the bottom bend.  I often ride with my heels on the floor boards and my toes up on the pegs......very comfortable position and still very close to the brake pedal.

X2

Marine Aviator

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 09:21:25 PM »

Ouch, at that price I think I will move the passenger pegs to the front and look for similar floorboards for the back. Possibly a small unit that is similar, in the folded up arrangement 70 percent of the time anyway.
  IMHO, you have already spent the most that you are going to spend on this bike.  Everything else pales in comparison.  The accessories are part of the "Rumble" collection, you can order from your dealer, they are not in the P&A catalog.  If you move your pegs to the front and buy floor boards for the passenger, the entire board kit (pieces) totals right at $500; and it all matches your rider boards as well.  If you wanted to go cheap, you wouldn't have purchased a CVO, right ;D

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 11:23:16 PM »

Here's a link to the Kuryakn mounts that I have on my bike....  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=58338.msg912221#msg912221
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SpeedshifterZ06

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 06:53:09 AM »

IMHO, you have already spent the most that you are going to spend on this bike.  Everything else pales in comparison.  The accessories are part of the "Rumble" collection, you can order from your dealer, they are not in the P&A catalog.  If you move your pegs to the front and buy floor boards for the passenger, the entire board kit (pieces) totals right at $500; and it all matches your rider boards as well.  If you wanted to go cheap, you wouldn't have purchased a CVO, right ;D

That's true but I have money to purchase items like the CVO because I'm tactical and smart with my money not because I go cheap. I deal in cash which I earn, no one handed it to me and I didn't take it from anyone. People with money have money because of the choices they make. Has nothing to do with going cheap. Just looking at my options.

Marine Aviator

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 11:15:12 PM »

That's true but I have money to purchase items like the CVO because I'm tactical and smart with my money not because I go cheap. I deal in cash which I earn, no one handed it to me and I didn't take it from anyone. People with money have money because of the choices they make. Has nothing to do with going cheap. Just looking at my options.
Got it.  As I began, it was just my opinion.  Check my screen name, it's real, not made up.  After 22 years of flying and instructing in combat aircraft, for sure, I understand smart and tactical.  Bottom line, there is nothing "tactical" nor "smart" about purchasing a CVO Harley; it is not that deep, it's just a want that you (and all of us) fulfilled.  My CVO is paid for as well, I definitely earned it in the Corps, but thanks for the sermon.
 :soapbox:

SpeedshifterZ06

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 11:29:12 PM »

Got it.  As I began, it was just my opinion.  Check my screen name, it's real, not made up.  After 22 years of flying and instructing in combat aircraft, for sure, I understand smart and tactical.  Bottom line, there is nothing "tactical" nor "smart" about purchasing a CVO Harley; it is not that deep, it's just a want that you (and all of us) fulfilled.  My CVO is paid for as well, I definitely earned it in the Corps, but thanks for the sermon.
 :soapbox:

You welcome! Glad I could make you feel the way you made me feel. Have a nice day, pal! There is always one in the crowd, I found him!

plasmadaddy

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: Kryptonite & Black Diamond Street Glide
    • The Rhythm Patrol
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 05:50:11 AM »

You welcome! Glad I could make you feel the way you made me feel. Have a nice day, pal! There is always one in the crowd, I found him!

Arse!

SpeedshifterZ06

• Junior CVO Member
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.