Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: What are your opinions guys  (Read 3705 times)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: What are your opinions guys
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, 02:43:22 PM »

The Ventilator A/C is already a high flow intake...the stock element is paper, but can be washed per the HD owner's manual.  The K&N gauze type element might flow a little more air, though it is doubtful that it's enough to make a significant difference in performance.  I'd have to see back to back Dyno runs to see proof that the element alone makes a real difference, if both are clean.

At 75mph at steady cruise, you may be getting headaches from wind noise or an ill fitting helmet, or a combination.  The decibel level of the stock exhaust at steady 75mph cruise is lower than the decibel level of the wind rushing by your head, even with a FF helmet.  About the quietest helmet on the market is the Schuberth, at 86db.  Most others are exponentially louder.  Earplugs are advised for wind noise.

True dat!!   :2vrolijk_21:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

mark

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2011, 05:03:04 PM »

You don't like the Fullsac headpipe...I'm guessing because it is black and not chrome?  Once you install the heat shields, know one will know because you see so little of the actual header.  Personally, I think the black looks better than the discolored yellow and blue chrome.

There's another company (believe it is Jackpot) that offers a stainless steel header...but I don't know how the stainless holds up to heat induced discoloration.

hbens

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Candy Cobalt/Starlight Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 SESG Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2011, 05:44:23 PM »

The other dealer I am looking at is Jackpot. Do a Google for Fuel Moto and see what they have. My brother put the exhaust system mentioned on his 107" kit with the Power Vision EFI controller and a performance cam. He is very happy with his setup and the customer service. Fullsac also has a reputation for good customer service.
I had a Thundermax from Zippers on my 103 SEEG and was very happy with the customer service provided by Randy. The bike also has Rinehart true duels and a SE Stage 1 airbreather on it and runs like a scalded dog.
From my perspective these are 3 options for you.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity!

Dragula 2 into 1, S&S 640 EZ start cams pistons (10.8 compression) flywheel and Timken bearing, Vee Twin Racing Stage IV ported heads, K&N air cleaner, Power Vision with WBO2 auto tuner, king tour pak, solo & two up mounts, pass. floor boards, Headwinds spot/turn signal lights, zumo 660 GPS, ssaddlebag guard & pouches, Progress Suspension cartridg

legalley

• WOO! HOO! I LOVE BEING FREE!!!

• CVO1: 2012 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: I Wish! - 2009 Pearl Black Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: I Wish! - 2008 VRSCAWA 105th Anniversary V-Rod
    • My Main Part-Time Income, Made Me A Multi-Millionaire!
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2011, 08:44:09 PM »

Thanks for the Helmet tip. I use ear plugs. My dash bag if full of them. My pipes at 55 are very quiet. At 65 tolerable and at 75 - LOUD. I guess it's the extra power needed at higher speeds causes the bike to burn more fuel and produce more noise.
2012 SE Street Glide - Just another $50K pissed away! (But Loving it!)

JoshCVOSESG

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 01:17:21 AM »

FullSac headpipe with Rinehart 4 inch mufflers. Tune of your choice. I went with HD race tuner with a dyno run for my bike. Best sound deep rumlble not to loud when at idle but pin it and watch out :bananarock:

Rich110

• Juice!!
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2011, 01:56:40 AM »

:bananarock:yea just quit horsing around and let that 110 breathe, she's willing and ready to please!!!!!   :-* There so much aftermarket product's that can enhance her performance if willing to $$$$$$$ cough it up!!!! LOL.  :jalapeno: don't wait, you just have to roll with it, yours will b different than the rest in performance, style and personal comfort to your want and needs. ENJOY!

AZ Sparky

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 in Kryptonite/Black
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2011, 06:22:40 PM »

Well, as JCZ said
The stock CVO muffler is the best looking one in my opinion, and I really love it's look.
well, i vivsted the FullSac website and i got little confused
they said that for the stage 1 CVO 110 i have to do 3 steps
one of the steps is:
stock headpipe is replaced with the Fullsac X-Pipe.
which i dont really like
so my question can i only buy their CVO POWER CORE to insert it into the stock muffler

knowing that i already installed the stage 1 tuner card, so the only thing i miss is changing the muffler

CVO2012 - YES, you can most definitely buy only the cores and change them out with your stock ones.

Suggest you call or email Steve at Fullsac and discuss what you want to do with him - he is EXTREMELY knowledgeable and ready to help - he has helped a LOT of us on this site.

Once you make your decision let us know - we're all very interested in what you do with your ride.

Also, once your parts come in, if you need any tips/pointers/advice on the install, just search the site for it - there are MANY of us that have completed this install and posted our experiences here.

Good Luck

Sparky
Sparky

MNTransplant

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF Veteran (12 Years), originally from Kansas

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2011, 01:32:37 PM »

My 02 Ultra had Reinhardt's on it and I thought it was getting a little too loud (Maybe I'm just getting old), My "New to Me" 09 FLHTCUSE4 has Vance & Hines Ovals on it and I love it, normal cruising the sound is just right, get on it and she resounds with authority. Since I've been on this site would like to go with the fullsac x pipe to get rid of the cat and cool things off a bit but I am having trouble convincing Mama that I need to spend more money on a bike that I already spent so much money on buying!!!

Doug.
MNTransplant

AZ Sparky

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 in Kryptonite/Black
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2011, 01:51:38 PM »

My 02 Ultra had Reinhardt's on it and I thought it was getting a little too loud (Maybe I'm just getting old), My "New to Me" 09 FLHTCUSE4 has Vance & Hines Ovals on it and I love it, normal cruising the sound is just right, get on it and she resounds with authority. Since I've been on this site would like to go with the fullsac x pipe to get rid of the cat and cool things off a bit but I am having trouble convincing Mama that I need to spend more money on a bike that I already spent so much money on buying!!!

Doug.
Doug, you can save some money by ordering a "de-catted" original head pipe from Fullsac.

Quantities are sometimes limited causing you to wait but if you're in a money pinch with Mama it might be a good alternative for you.

Give Fullsac a call or shoot them an email and see what they say.

Sparky
Sparky

MNTransplant

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF Veteran (12 Years), originally from Kansas

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2011, 02:43:17 PM »

Thanks Sparky!!!
MNTransplant

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2011, 03:00:15 PM »

That's a dangerous question on this site.  Lots of know it alls (intelligent, knowledgable) members, but at the end of the day we all like what we spent our money on.  It's like asking a prostitute what position she likes best? :huepfenlol2:  Besides being a Harley, and a CVO, and a Road Glide, sound is the next most important thing to me?  Everything else except for the paint can be changed relatively easily and inexpensively.  Meanwhile, Fullsac is a great choice.  I thought it was propaganda from an onsite vendor until I was told the Service Manager and parts guy at a local dealership both just purchased a set for theri 2012 SERG.
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.