Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Smart Link IV Map  (Read 1146 times)

TallyClassic

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Smart Link IV Map
« on: August 22, 2006, 12:29:03 PM »

Is it possible to use the '06 CVO 103" map in an identically configured '05?

Since Zipper's did not re-run their maps with the new software, I was looking for something that has been dyno'd with the new O2 sensors.  All the maps from the old SLIII software were just upgraded to be read on the new program.

The only new maps are those for the '06 bikes with the 25 degree injectors.....same as the '05.  But were the heads changed dramatically that would cause a problem??

Got excited when I saw that the new software was 'Advance/End User Version' , bummer it's the same old software interface.

103_RK

• Full CVO Member
Re: Smart Link IV Map
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 06:19:10 AM »

I would try one and see.  If it doesn't perform as expected, change back.
103 RK
2003 FLHRSEI2

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 09:52:34 PM »

Is it possible to use the '06 CVO 103" map in an identically configured '05?

Since Zipper's did not re-run their maps with the new software, I was looking for something that has been dyno'd with the new O2 sensors.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 09:55:43 PM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

TallyClassic

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 08:26:58 AM »

yep, tried the '06 map and it ran terrible.  Kind of thought it would, since even the IAC curves were radically different.
Found an area in the new SMLIV that looks for upgrades for Module Firmware Upgrades, so I'm sure that will help.  As well as another upgrade to the SMLIV software itself.

One new area I saw in the pull downs was for monitoring AFR/TPS AutoTune Tracking.  Must be for the new o2 module.  Also a Nitrous configuration page.
There don't seem to be any instructions yet, so explainations of the Basic Settings page will have to wait.....I don't think I need to mess with the IAC Offsets anyway.

Page created in 0.403 seconds with 21 queries.