Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 500 Mile Report  (Read 8192 times)

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
Re: 500 Mile Report
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 10:37:46 AM »

sorry, duplicate
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 10:51:09 AM »

Good stuff Jeff! I managed to get about 160 miles on mine this weekend before I had to load her into the truck for the trip back to VA. It is just amazing how this bike feels!

Let me tell ya, with the crap weather I had to drive through, I'm glad discretion got the better of me and I didn't try to ride her home from KC!!

Yes indeed.  I had a 2008 FXSTC softail for almost 5 years before the Breakout, so I have some comparison to work with.  I do like the Breakout more in every way....feels like you are sitting in a dragster, the thing is so freaking long.....93.5", wow I love that!  I was doubley impressed with the handling since it's obvious this bike was designed appearance-wise to resemble a custom, on-off type of piece, and in many of those cases the ride and handling suffer as a result...they really spent some time on the ride engineering on the Breakout...I really am impressed with that aspect...
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 05:27:10 PM »

I was laughing about your exhaust choice.  V&H 2-1 big Radius.  I have liked that pipe since the first time I saw it.
Honestly I have looked at bikes I would like to own just so I could put THAT exhaust on it.
Can't wait to see your Breakout with that exhaust. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Always wanted a Big Dog K9 as a second bike and of course it would have had to have the Big Radius 2-1 on it.
Now I want a Breakout.

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSBSE - Red ones go faster!
    • Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 07:34:45 PM »

Z06 thanks for the report mate. Still playing the waiting game over here.
Cheers
Brett

2013 FXSBSE with ProCharger - Giddy Up!

G_Fend

• Full CVO Member
  • FXSBSE

• CVO1: '13 CVO Breakout (Crimson Red)
    • CVO2: '05 FXD
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2012, 11:22:09 AM »

I just installed V/H slash cut slip-ons over this past weekend....definitely perked up the sound.  Anything is better than stock....personally, I don't prefer this new tone, but it will get me by until V/H provides a fitment of their Big Radius 2-1, which is hands down my favorite exhaust....it's a full system and has a very, very deep rumble, which is what I prefer over the more raspy sound of the slip-ons I have on now..

Z,

Do you know the p/n for the slip-ons you've got on?  I may see if I can pick up some used ones on eBay until the manufacturers get on the ball.  Rode in to work today (about 45 minute ride into DC) since it's supposed to be up to about 70 degrees, and I'm certainly ready for a little rumble!
2013 CVO Breakout FXSBSE
Crimson Red Sunglo
Quick Release Windshield
Engine Guard with Slipstream Highway Pegs
V&H Slash-cut Slip-ons

G_Fend

• Full CVO Member
  • FXSBSE

• CVO1: '13 CVO Breakout (Crimson Red)
    • CVO2: '05 FXD
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 11:23:44 AM »

Z,

Do you know the p/n for the slip-ons you've got on?  I may see if I can pick up some used ones on eBay until the manufacturers get on the ball.  Rode in to work today (about 45 minute ride into DC) since it's supposed to be up to about 70 degrees, and I'm certainly ready for a little rumble!

Nevermind...saw where you posted on another thread!

Greg
2013 CVO Breakout FXSBSE
Crimson Red Sunglo
Quick Release Windshield
Engine Guard with Slipstream Highway Pegs
V&H Slash-cut Slip-ons

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 11:55:58 AM »

In the twistys, most touring bikes should be able to run circles around the Breakout.  HD specs for the Breakout are rake- 37*, lean left-25.3*, right-26.2.  The touring rake is 26*. My SERG lean specs are l- 31* and r- 32*. 

This is not a criticism of the Breakout. It's a beautiful bike.  It's just not a road racer.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Ronhend

• Junior CVO Member
  • [IMG]http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss321/ronh

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2012, 06:20:27 PM »

" This is not a criticism of the Breakout. It's a beautiful bike.  It's just not a road racer"

You are so right.
There was definitely a learning curve when I first rode my Breakout. With its rake and restricted lean angle, it takes some getting use to.

I have a Ultra Classic also, it is kind of fun jumping from one to the other. Sometimes scary.lol :o

Ron

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2012, 07:18:21 PM »

In the twistys, most touring bikes should be able to run circles around the Breakout.  HD specs for the Breakout are rake- 37*, lean left-25.3*, right-26.2.  The touring rake is 26*. My SERG lean specs are l- 31* and r- 32*. 

This is not a criticism of the Breakout. It's a beautiful bike.  It's just not a road racer.

It is a lot of fun light to light, so you can have som fun with it....but, I have to really settle myself if I jump off the V-Rod and onto the Breakout....got to remember to enter SLOW on those turns....I try to always ride the Breakout first if I am going to ride them back-to-back !

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2012, 04:22:21 AM »

Hey ZO6, i forgot to ask . . . what's that 'Black Diamond' look like?  Is it metallic black with a few multi-colored flakes?  Is the silver/grey paint on the frame metallic?  Thanks, can't wait to get mine . . .

[/quote]
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2012, 10:05:21 AM »

Hey ZO6, i forgot to ask . . . what's that 'Black Diamond' look like?  Is it metallic black with a few multi-colored flakes?  Is the silver/grey paint on the frame metallic?  Thanks, can't wait to get mine . . .

Hey speedy.  Don't know, I've only seen the crimson red color in person.

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2012, 06:16:48 PM »

Hey speedy.  Don't know, I've only seen the crimson red color in person.

Oops! Sorry, somehow i thought yours was the black and silver one.  Thanks, ride safe!
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2012, 12:12:30 AM »

Saw the "Breakout" in person the other day.  Great looking ride. Almost as beautiful as my Springer. Almost.
Jesus is Lord

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2012, 04:10:48 AM »

Saw the "Breakout" in person the other day.  Great looking ride. Almost as beautiful as my Springer. Almost.

the springer cvo's sure are pretty too!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.