Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Not the way I wanted to start out.....  (Read 5064 times)

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Not the way I wanted to start out.....
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 01:38:58 PM »

Well....
They got the tank in one day!  They put the tank on and the only issue now is that they wanted the dealer to swap out the gas cap trim ring.  The service manager said he didn't want to mess with popping it off of the old tank and putting it on the new tank, so he ordered a new one that will be in on Monday.

All in all, I can't say enough about the dealer....they went waaaaaaaay above and beyond to get this situation rectified as quickly and smoothly as possible.  As soon as the trim ring is on, I'm leaving work to finalize the deal and I want it to get to my house by next weekend!  It is December in Chicago, so I probably won't be able to ride it, but I want it in my garage ASAP!

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 03:12:48 PM »

Well....
They got the tank in one day!  They put the tank on and the only issue now is that they wanted the dealer to swap out the gas cap trim ring.  The service manager said he didn't want to mess with popping it off of the old tank and putting it on the new tank, so he ordered a new one that will be in on Monday.

All in all, I can't say enough about the dealer....they went waaaaaaaay above and beyond to get this situation rectified as quickly and smoothly as possible.  As soon as the trim ring is on, I'm leaving work to finalize the deal and I want it to get to my house by next weekend!  It is December in Chicago, so I probably won't be able to ride it, but I want it in my garage ASAP!
That's great news.  You don't have to leave it in the garage - as long as the roads are dry, you can ride.  Gerbing makes some great all weather electric gear.   :2vrolijk_21:
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2012, 07:43:40 PM »

That's great news.  You don't have to leave it in the garage - as long as the roads are dry, you can ride.  Gerbing makes some great all weather electric gear.   :2vrolijk_21:

+1 on the Gerbing. Their heated jackets, pants, and gloves keep me riding down to 40 degrees or so......
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.