Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: You've got your Breakout so where did you mount your iPhone?  (Read 1941 times)

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSBSE - Red ones go faster!
    • Rockhampton HOG
You've got your Breakout so where did you mount your iPhone?
« on: January 01, 2013, 11:51:14 AM »

Well as the subject says... Where have you mounted your iPhone and what mount / case are you using?

Not long after my bike arrives I have a 4000km+ ride down to our HD 110th Anniversary Party in Melbourne. Seeing as I have the TomTom app on my iPhone and that fact that 1/2 of this trip will all new to me. I would like to get my iphone mounted and powered.

Now seeing I will only have a few weeks from Delivery to Departure. I'm relying on you guys already with bikes to help me out. What are you using and where did you mount it? Also did you run a power cable?

Thanks in Advance.  8)
Cheers
Brett

2013 FXSBSE with ProCharger - Giddy Up!

Breakout

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout gold candy
Re: You've got your Breakout so where did you mount your iPhone?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 10:39:16 AM »

Well as the subject says... Where have you mounted your iPhone and what mount / case are you using?

Not long after my bike arrives I have a 4000km+ ride down to our HD 110th Anniversary Party in Melbourne. Seeing as I have the TomTom app on my iPhone and that fact that 1/2 of this trip will all new to me. I would like to get my iphone mounted and powered.

Now seeing I will only have a few weeks from Delivery to Departure. I'm relying on you guys already with bikes to help me out. What are you using and where did you mount it? Also did you run a power cable?

Thanks in Advance.  8)

I have a Iphone on my breakout installed with a lifeproof case and mount, I use the lifeproof case because here in the Netherlands it is raining a lot so just mounting a iphone on your bike is asking for trouble while the thing will last 5 minutes before it starts smoking due to a electrical failure, see  http://www.lifeproof.com/shop/us_en/iphone-4-4s
They also have a new case for the Iphone 5 I believe.

2013 CVO Breakout Hard Candy Gold , Jekill&Hyde Shorty, SERT, Daymaker , Elite Air Filter.

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 12:22:15 PM »

Personally, I don't like "mounting" anything to the bike- always take something from the look.  I do use my phone for directions though- put earphones in with my helmet and it gives me turn by turn directions- just have the phone inside my jacket- works very well-you can listen to music if you want that way too, though I don't.  I only use the phone/ear bud/helmet option when I don't know where I'm going.

Thanks in Advance.  8)

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 01:12:51 PM »

Personally, I don't like "mounting" anything to the bike- always take something from the look.  I do use my phone for directions though- put earphones in with my helmet and it gives me turn by turn directions- just have the phone inside my jacket- works very well-you can listen to music if you want that way too, though I don't.  I only use the phone/ear bud/helmet option when I don't know where I'm going.

Does that happen often for you because for me it's all the time!

Page created in 0.515 seconds with 21 queries.