Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Does anyone have "color regret"?  (Read 5983 times)

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
Does anyone have "color regret"?
« on: January 04, 2013, 09:01:11 AM »

I know there is only 3 colors to choose from, and they are all sexy!  I bought my black and silver, but the more I see the liquid gold, the more I like it!  I don't have regret in choosing the black and silver....I guess I regret that I can't buy one of each and put them in my living room!

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun
Re: Does anyone have "color regret"?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 10:22:14 AM »

Or make 2 clones of yourself and ride all three at once.
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! - Davy Crockett

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 10:32:18 AM »

I hear ya- I really like the gold as well, but the red is still the one that stood apart for me (all three are extremely unique color schemes though). 

I know there is only 3 colors to choose from, and they are all sexy!  I bought my black and silver, but the more I see the liquid gold, the more I like it!  I don't have regret in choosing the black and silver....I guess I regret that I can't buy one of each and put them in my living room!

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 10:07:42 PM »

Don't regret the black and silver.  It's the one I would choose if I were buying.   :2vrolijk_21:
Jesus is Lord

mlbraptor

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 11:20:15 PM »

Black/ chrome looks good

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 02:46:37 AM »

I was in the same position before I got my street glide, at first I had the choice of an Inferno Orange/Black Diamond or Kryptonite/Black Diamond both 2011 models, I had seen both in the flesh at separate dealers and choosing was a challenge.

It was a long wait (3 months) for my Inferno to arrive after deciding on the colour, when I got a call my bike had arrived I give the dealer the go ahead to do the pre-delivery, shortly after I got a phone call that the bike crated was Black Diamond and not Inferno Orange so I rolled my deposit over to a 2012 Hot Citrus on the spot.

I went with the Hot Citrus, this was the colour that jumped out at me, however my other bikes are Red and I was doubting my choice, thinking should I have got the Ruby over the Citrus!
I have seen the Ruby in an Ultra Classic before seeing the Hot Citrus and wasn't sure as it was very dark.
When my bike turned up the Citrus was a gem to look at and is a true custom, a colour you don't see every day.

No matter what colour we end up with its unique and a one off production run.

Enjoy and ride safe.

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: FLHXSE 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: VRSCF 2013 V Rod Muscle
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 06:52:13 PM »

I think Harley created 2 unique paint schemes with the gold and red, and stayed more traditional with the black IMO. All 3 are great and uniquely different.  My preference was the gold which arrives Feb 18th-ish. Woo hoo!!!
Fuelmoto 2-1-2 Jackpot Headers
Fuelmoto FLH E Series Mufflers - 14 discs

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 09:02:29 PM »

If you haven't seen the gold in person yet you will be in awe when you go to get yours. Pictures on the internet truly don't do justice to this bike.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 08:54:35 AM »

Actually, while I liked the set up of the Breakout, when they first announced it the gold and black colors did nothing for me whatsoever.  When I saw the crimson red on the HD website I wet my pants and forgot who i was for 30 minutes or so   :o  That red frame made me weak in the knees.

When I came to my senses, I called my dealer and lucky for me, they had ordered a red one after seeing it at the dealer show.....the rest is history!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 09:00:40 AM by Z06_Pilot »
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 09:06:54 AM »

I have my bike at my parents house...I went over there yesterday and took the cover off and just stared....for like 10 minutes.

Don't get me wrong.....the red is nice, but the polished metal part on the gold and black is one of the things that make the bike really unique.  I have yet to see red in person, so I can't really judge.  I'm going to the motorcycle show in Chicago, hopefully all three colors will be on display.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 10:22:07 AM »

hey, wait a minute......color choice is subjective?   since when?    ;D
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 12:10:29 PM »

I have to see that seat on the red in person......although, I suppose you could put the black seat on it too.

Who am I kidding....I want one of each!

Fisherman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout Hard Candy Gold
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 02:39:28 PM »

When i first saw a picture of the Breakout it was in gold and i was smitten, but when i discussed the idea of getting one, friends said "great bike but crap colour" i was so much in the minority that i looked again at the alternative colours. So i put down my deposit on a black and silver one. I did not go for the red as i have had a lot of red bikes in the past  [although they say red is the fastest coulor ] I then had two weeks of craziness and I was obsessed and must have asked at least 100 people there opinion.  I then came to the conclusion that "what the hell its me thats going to be riding it ".  The next day i went to the Harley dealer and changed my order for a gold one.  I was  still not one hundred percent sure of my decision until three months later when i set my eyes on a gold one at a bike show.  I just stood  there with a "goofy"  look on my face much like the one I suspect  Nicky Pass had on his when he was in his parents garage.  I have been waiting for this bike to arrive for three months now looking back it seems much .........much.....longer only another  one or two months  to go but one things for sure I have got the colour right for me.                                 
                                                             The morale of this tale is Love at first sight or Trust your first impression !!

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 04:25:59 PM »

I saw the black and silver and thought, "I have to own that"!  Then the search was on!  I had a line on a gold one, but once I saw black and silver....that was it!  Although....the more I look at the gold one, it wouldn't have been that bad if that was the only one I could find.

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 02:40:52 PM »

If I didn't get a say in the matter and there was one left I would have taken whichever color was available and not had any regrets about it.

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: FLHXSE 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: VRSCF 2013 V Rod Muscle
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 12:03:46 AM »

The morale of this tale is Love at first sight or Trust your first impression !!

X2
Fuelmoto 2-1-2 Jackpot Headers
Fuelmoto FLH E Series Mufflers - 14 discs

Fisherman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout Hard Candy Gold
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 03:21:36 PM »

If I didn't get a say in the matter and there was one left I would have taken whichever color was available and not had any regrets about it.
                  HEAR!!   HEAR !!

senorjeem

• Starting Out
  • Full CVO Member
  • I SURVIVED THE MAYAN END OF DAYS!!!
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 03:44:40 PM »

hey, wait a minute......color choice is subjective?   since when?    ;D

I was born white...mostly!  I always wondered..... :huepfenlol2:

clubhes

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Breakout, Hard Candy Gold Dust / Liquid Sun
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2013, 01:38:09 PM »

MHO is HD did a fantastic job with all three colors, and you can't go wrong with any selection, But for me the Candy Gold / Liquid Sun, pushed me over the top. And no I certainly have not regretted the selection.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2013, 05:28:49 PM »

They are all three BEAUTIFUL.......but don't look back, Black & Silver have said Harley-Davidson for 110 years!! :cherry:
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2013, 06:53:54 PM »

'01 FXDWG2, the Red was the only color for me, as the poster says:
 "Cars have to be upside down and on fire to get this much attention"

'05 FLHTCSE2, I originally wanted an '04 O/B or the '05 Teal but ended up getting the '05 Crimson and even though the Crimson seems to be the most prevalent color I really like it! (The '05 is still my favorite all around bike of all I have ever owned or ridden!!) (don't tell the folks on the RGF LOL!!)

'09 FLTRSE3' I originally wanted the O/B (I have an '04 F-250 HD O/B) but the Electric Orange had pearl in it and (to me) didn't match like the '00 O/B did. A friend of mine offered to sell me his '00 for $18k in '04 (still kicking myself over that one!!) I got the Yellow and REALLY LOVE THE COLOR! To me the Yellow looks a whole lot better in person, the pics don't do it justice when the flake changes color in the sunlight.

These are just my personal observations on the bikes I choose to own. The MoCo has continued to amaze me over the years on the paint schemes they come up with on production bikes. I personally prefer a lot of the HD paint over many of the custom jobs I have seen. 
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 03:46:33 AM »

It will be interesting to see what paint schemes come to play in the next 2-3 generations...
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 07:35:30 AM »

When i first saw a picture of the Breakout it was in gold and i was smitten, but when i discussed the idea of getting one, friends said "great bike but crap colour" i was so much in the minority that i looked again at the alternative colours. So i put down my deposit on a black and silver one. I did not go for the red as i have had a lot of red bikes in the past  [although they say red is the fastest coulor ] I then had two weeks of craziness and I was obsessed and must have asked at least 100 people there opinion.  I then came to the conclusion that "what the hell its me thats going to be riding it ".  The next day i went to the Harley dealer and changed my order for a gold one.  I was  still not one hundred percent sure of my decision until three months later when i set my eyes on a gold one at a bike show.  I just stood  there with a "goofy"  look on my face much like the one I suspect  Nicky Pass had on his when he was in his parents garage.  I have been waiting for this bike to arrive for three months now looking back it seems much .........much.....longer only another  one or two months  to go but one things for sure I have got the colour right for me.                                 

Or who gives a sh!t what other people think about your choice of bike color. SOme people give me grief over my yellow bike... I guess that's why they come in black, for those who prefer plain.

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 05:02:06 PM »

It will be interesting to see what paint schemes come to play in the next 2-3 generations...

Assuming there is a next generation.

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2013, 06:35:44 AM »

Assuming there is a next generation.

Most CVO's run 3 years it seems.  That would be a lot better than the MoCo introducing a non CVO Breakout to the masses next year.
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.225 seconds with 21 queries.