Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Any thoughts on race tuner or pipes yet?  (Read 7815 times)

DHTDHT

Re: Any thoughts on race tuner or pipes yet?
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2006, 10:49:59 PM »

Hoist, I know you were not questioning it....

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2006, 12:29:19 AM »

Hoist, I know you were not questioning it....
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 05:26:36 PM by Hoist »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

bad07sespringer

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2007, 12:52:32 AM »

Vance & Hines big shot staggereds, HD race tuner, SE heavey breather, 7 hrs on the dyno =
 90hp 105 ft lbs torque.

rogercm

• Roger Street Glide

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2007, 03:30:17 PM »

Just got my Springer back from the shop for the 1000 mile service, had the Rinehart 2 into 1 pipe and SERT, got 96.9 HP and 118.9 foot pounds of torque. Looks as if our tuner did a good job based upon the other numbers Ive seen so far. What do you folks think?
 [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2007, 05:28:01 PM »

Just got my Springer back from the shop for the 1000 mile service, had the Rinehart 2 into 1 pipe and SERT, got 96.9 HP and 118.9 foot pounds of torque. Looks as if our tuner did a good job based upon the other numbers Ive seen so far. What do you folks think?
 [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Really nice numbers Roger, that thing must ride real sweet. How about a seat of the pants ride report! ;) Hoist! 8-)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

rogercm

• Roger Street Glide

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2007, 06:12:18 PM »

Thanks for the reply Hoist. The thing has unbelieveable torque. I have not been able to ride it since the tuning as we have several inches of snow here. I can't wait and will report once I get her back on the road!  ;)

Jack

• Full CVO Member
  • thank you Denis Van Orman (DVO)

• CVO1: 07 FXSTSSE Amarillo Gold/Candy Tangerine (1/540) thanks Dude
    • CVO2: 98 Lincoln LSC Ivory Pearlescent (34K)
    • CVO3: 87 Porsche 944 Rose Quartz
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2007, 08:36:53 AM »

Hi Hoist,

Im old school like you.
FXSTSSE
H-D Tribal Mirrors (92410-09)
H-D medium low detachable (round stock) sissy bar
2006 Bobtail fender rack & trans dip stk w/medallion
Jet Scream (air delivery)
10mm SE plug wires
NGK Iridium IX (DCPR9EIX) 2316
Mercury Marine QUICKSILVER 20-W50
MOTORKOTE (petroleum hydrocarbon) in all 3 areas
RED LINE HEAVY SHOCKPROOF
93 Octane
Lyndall "Z" Racing Brake Pads "Gold"
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2007, 10:55:06 AM »

Hi Hoist,

Im old school like you.

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2007, 07:48:05 PM »

Rodgercn do you have any pic,s of the pipe on the new springer??? I have thought about this pipe ,but 1st choice is V@H 2into1 Big Radius due out Feb 8th. Also have you herd of some turners removing the O2 sensors and downloading a program to make it think they are still there ,maybe Speeds Preformance ????

lance711

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Blue
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2007, 11:33:50 AM »

Just put on V & H Big radius pipes - sounds and runs great.  Also installed ThunderMax w/AT and SE-257 Cams and High flow Filter.  No numbers yet - going to put on at least 300 miles or so to let the AutoTune do it's thing.  Great weather in Michigan this weekend so gonna go thru some gas money!

Has anybody got any numbers off the stock setup, I know HD claims 105tq but haven't seen HP.  Just Curious
2007 SE Softail Springer - Abyss Blue / Blue Pearl
Extra Pieces -
TMax w/ AT
Vance & Hines Big Radius
SE-257 Cams
K&N High Flow Air Filter

redtwin

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: FXR-4
    • CVO2: FXSTSSE
    • CVO3: 2010 ROADDGLIDE
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2007, 07:05:20 PM »

would like to here what numbers you get with the 257

beerman

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2007, 12:13:13 PM »

Beerman here -
Well I've put about 500 miles on a stock ECM with a K&N filter and a set of less restrictive baffles in the stock muffler bodies. It seems to be running a bit better each time I go out. It's like it took the O2 sensors and ECM a few start/stop cycles to fully recalibrate to the new intake/exhaust.
I'm still putting a HD "race fueler" on pretty soon. More for piece of mind regarding the AFR than a bigger dyno # .
It's going to hit near 80 today in Ohio - I'm off to the Dugout for a couple of Molsons
-Beerman
2008 FLHX, 1997 FLSTS, 1982 BMW R65

screaminfx

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2007, 02:05:08 PM »

A couple of thoughts. On my 07 Springer I put on the V&H Big Shot Staggered with a Fuel Pak. Results at the rear wheel (DynoJet 250 rear wheel dyno) was horsepower jumped to 88.87 (stock peak was 81.09) and torque went from 95.31 stock to 105.43. I should mention that I'm using the Quiet Baffle which robs a bit from peak numbers. Having said that, the bike's still pretty "throaty", plenty of volume.....my friends at V&H say that without the baffle fix-it tickets would be in my future. I've got almost 2,000 miles on the bike since the mods, and it runs great, absolutely no problems.

Also with regard the brakes, anyone who's tried to whoa-up a CVO Springer knows the stock brakes are less than stellar. I put a four piston PM set up front and replaced the rear unit with PM's as well. Kept the rotors stock. Huge difference, way more effective. Not to mention the fact that they look way trick.

DanR

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE BLUE
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2007, 04:04:26 PM »

A couple of thoughts. On my 07 Springer I put on the V&H Big Shot Staggered with a Fuel Pak. Results at the rear wheel (DynoJet 250 rear wheel dyno) was horsepower jumped to 88.87 (stock peak was 81.09) and torque went from 95.31 stock to 105.43. I should mention that I'm using the Quiet Baffle which robs a bit from peak numbers. Having said that, the bike's still pretty "throaty", plenty of volume.....my friends at V&H say that without the baffle fix-it tickets would be in my future. I've got almost 2,000 miles on the bike since the mods, and it runs great, absolutely no problems.

Also with regard the brakes, anyone who's tried to whoa-up a CVO Springer knows the stock brakes are less than stellar. I put a four piston PM set up front and replaced the rear unit with PM's as well. Kept the rotors stock. Huge difference, way more effective. Not to mention the fact that they look way trick.

Could you include pictures of these.

screaminfx

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2007, 05:07:16 PM »

No worries, I'll post some shots of the bike tomorrow. While it's not a CVO bike, I did put a set of 13" PM rotors (up front) and six piston PM calipers on my '06 Road King Classic.....even have six pistons on the rear with an 11.5" matching PM rotor. Really looks sick, and talk about some serious stopping umph. I'll include a couple of shots of that bike as well.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 21 queries.