Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: It's too quiet......  (Read 3266 times)

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: FLHXSE 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: VRSCF 2013 V Rod Muscle
It's too quiet......
« on: February 06, 2013, 05:05:00 PM »

T-minus 9 days and my Breakout will be on its way! :apple: :pineapple: :mango: :huepfenjump3:
Fuelmoto 2-1-2 Jackpot Headers
Fuelmoto FLH E Series Mufflers - 14 discs

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
Re: It's too quiet......
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 07:02:30 AM »

T-minus 9 days and my Breakout will be on its way! :apple: :pineapple: :mango: :huepfenjump3:
Nerve wracking ain't it!  Just got mine 5 days ago, will post pics as soon as my mods are done.  Daymaker headlight, remove all reflectors, swingarm vertical license plate, lindby linbar engine guard, vance and hines big radius 2:1, and replace rear reflector with led strip.  Still contemplating new handlebar, air cleaner, led tail lights, floorboards . . .
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 10:38:39 AM »

What method are you going to use to remove the reflectors (I have read to heat the area with a hair dryer and then use fishing line to remove)?  I am worried about affecting the paint/chrome

Nerve wracking ain't it!  Just got mine 5 days ago, will post pics as soon as my mods are done.  Daymaker headlight, remove all reflectors, swingarm vertical license plate, lindby linbar engine guard, vance and hines big radius 2:1, and replace rear reflector with led strip.  Still contemplating new handlebar, air cleaner, led tail lights, floorboards . . .

clubhes

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Breakout, Hard Candy Gold Dust / Liquid Sun
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 01:13:56 PM »

I did mine 2 days ago. Following the tips i received here. It worked like a dream and left no tells behind.

Heated with a hair dryer and then used very strong fishing line. They came off very easily. Nothing was left on the chrome forks, but polished with chrome polish. A little of the sticky was left behind on the rear frame. I wiped the frame area with paint thinner and then washed and waxed the frame.

I love the look, and think it is much improved. And again the areas they were on are perfect.
Hope this helps. I will take a photo later and post.

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 02:53:47 PM »

Nerve wracking ain't it!  Just got mine 5 days ago, will post pics as soon as my mods are done.  Daymaker headlight, remove all reflectors, swingarm vertical license plate, lindby linbar engine guard, vance and hines big radius 2:1, and replace rear reflector with led strip.  Still contemplating new handlebar, air cleaner, led tail lights, floorboards . . .

It's killing me! My dealer already has the stuff in for my first round of mods....Daymaker headlights, Kuraykyn clamp-on auxilliary LED lights, Bassani Road Rage Short 2 into 1 Exhaust, DynoJet Power Vision, sissy bar with matching back pad.   I was looking at doing the rear strip LED also.   The only other things I am considering are the Kuryakyn verticle license plate, detachable windshield, LED Wizard kit.   The bleeding never stops!!!   Oh...and also adding the HD premium oil cooler....good thing my wife isn't on this forum... :oops:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 03:01:48 PM by Born2Breakout »

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 05:09:50 PM »

What method are you going to use to remove the reflectors (I have read to heat the area with a hair dryer and then use fishing line to remove)?  I am worried about affecting the paint/chrome

No worries, hair dryer and either fishing line or waxed dental floss (which i used).  absolutely no issue with marring the finish, wipe with goo gone if necessary.  I just used my paint/polish/wax.  Bike looks great, kinda loses part of the 'stock factory look.'
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 05:38:15 PM »

"good thing my wife isn't on this forum... "
My wife is on this forum- reads my posts all the time to see what I'm up to :coolblue:

It's killing me! My dealer already has the stuff in for my first round of mods....Daymaker headlights, Kuraykyn clamp-on auxilliary LED lights, Bassani Road Rage Short 2 into 1 Exhaust, DynoJet Power Vision, sissy bar with matching back pad.   I was looking at doing the rear strip LED also.   The only other things I am considering are the Kuryakyn verticle license plate, detachable windshield, LED Wizard kit.   The bleeding never stops!!!   Oh...and also adding the HD premium oil cooler....good thing my wife isn't on this forum... :oops:

clubhes

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 06:17:27 PM »

Removed reflectors

clubhes

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 06:18:12 PM »

Removed reflectors

clubhes

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 06:19:57 PM »

Removed reflectors

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 01:00:21 PM »

"good thing my wife isn't on this forum... "
My wife is on this forum- reads my posts all the time to see what I'm up to :coolblue:

Dobe, Is that a good thing or a bad thing?  ;)

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 01:03:04 PM »

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 20 queries.