Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Best choice for bars  (Read 14314 times)

Puck

• Full CVO Member
  • LIVE FREE OR DIE......

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Black Diamond
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTC vivid black...45" sissy bar & 18" 1.5 apes
    • CVO3: 2008 xl1200c bobtail,low riser,gauges,lowered,tuned,fast as hell
Re: Best choice for bars
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 10:58:40 PM »

If you like the yaffe bars...do yourself a favor and get the LA CHOPPERS bars..exact same design only way better quality...and they taper at the controls so no flat on the clutch side issues...the fit and finish of three sets of yaffe bars were terrible...the points on top were misaligned and missing chrome....the La bars were cheaper and way better quality..go figure  :-\...I went with 16" and couldn't be happier....

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2013, 02:04:17 AM »

Hey Puck,  do you have any pics?  Is a 12" Yaffee and a 12" LA the same wrist angle, rise, pullback and width?  It would be great to have a different source than Yaffee, his mark up is increasing the sales of duct tape!

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

Puck

• Full CVO Member
  • LIVE FREE OR DIE......

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2013, 09:17:39 AM »

Here is a couple..same bars...only they make a 13 no 12..the points may drop slightly more so they end up being the same...I wanted 14" but they made 13 so I went with 16 and glad I did...I'm 6"5 though...

Puck

• Full CVO Member
  • LIVE FREE OR DIE......

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 09:18:57 AM »

Another

HD Kid

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: Scarlet Red & Charcoal Slate VRSCSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO2: Kryptonite FLHXSE2
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 11:47:25 AM »

Yaffe 8"  Wanted to get a little higher than stock, but stay behind the faring too.  Very pleased with the results.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 02:13:16 PM by HD Kid »

Rosco444

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Street Glide Slate/Black Diamond
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 12:51:06 PM »

I can tell you for certain there was enough slack in the lines that i did not have to purchase longer ones.  I had read numerous threads that said you did not have to extend any wiring either.  That is the route i intended to go.  Ater i pulled my wires, i found there was not a lot of length left,maybe 6 or 7 inches.  I was not comfortable moving the connector under the inner fairing to a different location and possibly stretching wiring.  I ordered 12 inch extensions and waited for them to come before i finished the project.  I guess you could try to get away with removing the hydraulic cylinders without disconnecting the lines, but I would make sure i had an assistant to help hold things.  I did it solo so I did remove the lines from the cylinders, removed the bars as a complete assembly and repalced the new bars as a complete assembly.  Be very paitent with pulling the wires!!  Use some good conduit or wire lube.  I literally had over 4 hours in just pulling wires!!!  Other than extensions and bars, no other parts were needed!!

Good Luck
Thanks for the heads up and your experience with these bars, I know it's going to be challenging but that's what makes it uniquely ours.  I'll be sure to post some pictures once its done..
Thanks again...

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2013, 04:21:17 PM »

Yaffe 8"  Wanted to get a little higher than stock, but stay behind the faring too.  Very pleased with the results.

HD Kid, that looks great. I'm not much into the tall apehangers but yours look perfect.
With your mods you have a great looking bike.

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

HD Kid

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: Scarlet Red & Charcoal Slate VRSCSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO2: Kryptonite FLHXSE2
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 08:47:39 PM »

Thanks!!

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2013, 03:59:52 AM »

I've run both the Wild 1 Chubby's wo578 bars and the Yaffee Monkey Bars 12.5" in the past, I liked both for what they were but wished I'd gone taller both times.

The bars for the "Orange Crush" are on the work bench and were custom build by Joe Vindikta, they look similar to the Monkey Bars but are a true 16" height and 1.5" round and the workmanship and chrome is outstanding. Cost wise they were in line with the Monkey Bars...maybe a little less then his advertised prices.

Waiting for the weather to warm up a little  and to settle on a few other mods before I tear the bike down. I believe Joe has a rear crash bar that matches the bends in the handlebars ready to match ready to go is also working the front crash bars which will be pretty cool. A buddy of mine bought a set on my recommendation and said they were a breeze to wire up as the extra diameter comes in handy.

www.vindikta.com

Hey I talked to Joe via emails I am leaning toward a pair of his bagger apes if I don't like my sweepers. I haven't had sufficient time to evaluate the sweepers due to the weather so not sure yet! I like the look of the 1.5" bars and Joe said he could custom tailor them to fit me.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Kilaani

• Scarlett - The Bike On Fire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • CVOH! My Scarlett built 3-13-12, & arrived 6-1-12
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2013, 07:11:49 AM »

How are the sweepers? I need something at least 2" or more back as i am leaning and curving my shoulders a little, but don't need wider or higher. Any suggestions? I am 5'4 and 142lbs so need as much balance as I can. I am flat footed on Scarlett at least!
My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2013, 07:56:39 PM »

How are the sweepers? I need something at least 2" or more back as i am leaning and curving my shoulders a little, but don't need wider or higher. Any suggestions? I am 5'4 and 142lbs so need as much balance as I can. I am flat footed on Scarlett at least!
I wouldn't recommend them to you they pullback nicely but are quite a bit wider. I would say the HD pullbacks would do well for ya  :2vrolijk_21:

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Kilaani

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2013, 08:01:18 PM »

I wouldn't recommend them to you they pullback nicely but are quite a bit wider. I would say the HD pullbacks would do well for ya  :2vrolijk_21:
Yours are sure pretty, though. Bars are on my list of things to do, but if chemo allows, and dammit, it had better, I will be getting the V&H x pipes at Laughlin in April. V&H is always there.
My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

Kilaani

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2013, 08:06:15 PM »

I think pipes are first at Laughlin as mine aren't so bad, just need to concentrate and good posture during riding

RK1679

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2013, 06:38:30 PM »

Puck,
Regarding the LA Chopper 13" handlebar installation.  Do you think the existing clutch and brake lines can be used?  LA has an excellent video showing the install and I'm confident in all aspects except the clutch and brake line work.  I'm also wondering if the heated grips on my 2010 Ultra will be an issue.  Did the bars come with a wiring extension kit?Thanks for all the input on this topic!!

PrimeApes 13" For Fairing Bikes 1.25"- Black

Part Number:   40-4317   
Price   $299.95
Quantity   

Description:
A stellar custom bar itching to hit the streets! Specially designed to fit Batwing fairing models.
Accommodates both electronic and cable throttles
Drilled for internal wiring
Brilliant chrome
made in the USA
13" H, 7" PB, 39" W
Bikers Choice part number replaces the LA Choppers part number LA-7350-13B.

sinktip

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2013, 08:12:37 PM »

Running the 12.5 Wild Ones. Wish I had listened to the inner voice and gone 14" or even the 17" Santees.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 21 queries.