Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: H.O.G. Members Data Compromised  (Read 3474 times)

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
Re: H.O.G. Members Data Compromised
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2006, 01:53:31 PM »

I too got THE letter.  Tried to use the free service to track credit but the promo code supplied wouldn't work.  Called hog customer service put on hold for 15-20 minutes and was advised,  "Very sorry it happened," and was read a prepared statement.  When I asked questions he asked if I wanted him to read the statement again.  Got pissed and asked that a policy maker call me back.  
A day later got a call back and was advised the same thing.  When I asked the question was the lap top misplaced or stolen she read the same press release "it was missing."  When I asked about the problem with the promo code she conceded it didn't work but it is fixed now.  

I asked why they stored that info on the laptop. Was told to "facilitate registration at events."  She asked if I wanted the info removed  and I said of course.  I then asked if that will that create a problem for event registration in the future.  Curiously, she said no.  I then asked why did you keep the info in the first place.  She said it was really to facilitate  renting bikes under the fly and ride program and was of little or no use at HOG events.  They will no longer have this info at future events.      

I am still upset and feel those effected should receive addtl compensation for their time and who knows how much future trouble.  
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

4stars

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2006, 04:13:46 PM »

Got my letter.  I was angry, at first, that they kept my credit card number and drivers' license number stored together in their portable unsecured database.

I do appreciate the extra effort they have gone to:

1. Notify us (and rather quickly, not waiting 'to see if it shows up' like some other agencies)
2. the expense of credit monitoring furnished to the top 3 credit reporting agencies.
3. Insurance protection just in case something happens.

Its bad that it happened.  There are no excuses.  BUT, at least they have admitted their mistake, taken action and done everything possible to try and make it right.  This may turn out to be all in vain when a couple of kids turn up with the laptop somewhere, but Harley stood up and did the ethical thing.  I appreciate ethics, and for that, they are to be commended.

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2006, 05:20:59 PM »

I too got THE letter.
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2006, 08:43:59 PM »

I wasn't made aware of this option when I called the next business day to complain about the invalid code.

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2006, 09:32:48 PM »

FYI - the info in question belongs to those members who have opted for the Auto-Renew feature via credit card. If thats not you, you should be OK....so they say....FWIW
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2006, 09:57:59 PM »

FYI - the info in question belongs to those members who have opted for the Auto-Renew feature via credit card. If thats not you, you should be OK....so they say....FWIW
I sent them my credit card with expire date and 3-digit code from the back, ss number, birth date, finger print, some DNA, signature sample, full frontal nudity picture, passport, drivers license, first born male child, HOG number, AARP number, bank account number, password, PIN, secret ring decoder, and a floppy with my email list. I didn't get no letter.
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2006, 10:15:28 PM »

I sent them my credit card with expire date and 3-digit code from the back, ss number, birth date, finger print, some DNA, signature sample, full frontal nudity picture, passport, drivers license, first born male child, HOG number, AARP number, bank account number, password, PIN, secret ring decoder, and a floppy with my email list. I didn't get no letter.
You sent them to much information, and they are going to let us all go shopping before they send you the letter. ;D

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2006, 10:29:07 PM »

You sent them to much information, and they are going to let us all go shopping before they send you the letter. ;D

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
;D ;D ;Dyourself, d00d. There's nothing left for you to buy... you got it ALL! Besides, the full frontal nudity picture would be a dead giveaway.      (no thong) :-[
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2006, 11:47:16 PM »

I got their Fkin letter too....
course, i also got one from the VA, the Army, the pope; Ford, and damn near every other JACKASS organization I have entrusted with ANY information and then they see fit to let some IDJUT keep on an unsecured laptop { probably on the bar at the hootie bar} and poof..it goes missing!
Go Figure.

[smiley=furious2.gif] [smiley=furious2.gif]

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2006, 01:55:20 AM »

I got my letter 2 days ago. I'm a life member so that rules us in. One thing I don't understand is how they got my driver license number. I have never given that information to HD that I know of. Unless when the dealer sell the bike they enter it somehow???????

Bad thing is I received 2 letters in same week one from HD and one from work. Both computer loss issues, go figure!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 01:55:43 AM by hdbrad03 »
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2006, 09:46:38 AM »

I got my letter 2 days ago. I'm a life member so that rules us in. One thing I don't understand is how they got my driver license number. I have never given that information to HD that I know of. Unless when the dealer sell the bike they enter it somehow???????

Bad thing is I received 2 letters in same week one from HD and one from work. Both computer loss issues, go figure!   :o

They claim to have acquired it when a member does a "fly and ride"
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2006, 02:20:27 PM »

full frontal nudity, and a floppy,  - all in the same sentence ;D

been a life member since 1990.  only upgraded info I've given them since, is that I'm still alive , and my present address.  I didn't get no stinking letter!

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2006, 06:06:57 PM »

I just received in the mail today a 'Personal Information Advisory' from the

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2006, 07:29:21 PM »

This has most likely been mentioned before but here goes:

Go to the H.O.G web site and log in there you will find your complete answer to your Question, You got a letter because you renewed your mebership online (ONLY IF YOU USE THE AUTO MEMBERSHIP RENEWEL) which would have given them your CC NUMBER having to be
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2006, 10:18:09 AM »

I got the letter and I have done none of the above. [smiley=nixweiss.gif] Always send them a check for my membership renewal, and I've never done a fly-n-ride. My SS# was on my checks is the only way I think they could have gotten that in the past.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

They (H.O.G.) Have a disclaimer on the information page that they don't store or keep your SS# . VA use to use it for your driver permit but since 9-11 have stopped doing that. they isue a T######### number now so the next time you get your permit renewed you should get a new # also Change your checks at that time. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.