Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Turbo Charging a 2011 CVO Roadglide?  (Read 9250 times)

tweeter13

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE6
Re: Turbo Charging a 2011 CVO Roadglide?
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 07:29:27 PM »

Thanks Bucknut Greg.  That is his name.  But I was not going to throw out T man performance if I was wrong.  They might have some real neat stuff down there.  It's been a long time since I was there.  I think it was on high street. But I am pretty sure it was on the south end.  I am sure you can find in on the net or yellow pages. 

Todd.
18 Monsterbrite led lights
Fullsac DX head pipe
Fullsac 2.25 baffles
TTS master-tune
George Anderson tourpac relocator

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2013, 07:22:28 AM »

Guys do use them for touring.. Kits are not running high boost though. 7-8 psi deal.  You do not have to be in boost when you ride.  Each kit will have its own point to where it builds boost based on parts used. Avg boost building area 3500+ so you can cruise around an never spool into boost. Or small amounts like 1-3 lbs if you shift at 3800-4000.  If they killed every engine they got bolted on to , you would know about it. Fact is Procharger sells a bunch of these, Trask seems to very well also.  Aero Charger was working on a variable unit they did some work for the Harley and then some on a Victory.  Unit was small down low and much more out of the way and clean.. That was maybe 2 years ago never seem much after that.

Is it the best for a stock engine.. Who knows some stockers break with no mods and the next one will take a ton of power on a stock lower end.. Cases are very tough, crank is the issue.

We did a 120R with procharger 15 PSI 222 HP those are stock HD cases.
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2013, 03:26:34 PM »

I'm with Jerry and Tweeter.
A naturally aspirated powerplant set up correctly would be a choice to really consider, at least in my opinion.
Scott

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2013, 05:25:08 PM »

Got the Procharger but the engine has been helped along so she should hold up. Haven't heard anyone mention you will need to give up the lowers. will not fit with them on the bike.

BigLew

mustangcav

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2013, 11:27:55 PM »

We know that any Harley motor is engineered to take only so much strain and pressure of stock config or common and fairly vanilla upgrades. So let's not get all cheap here. You can save some bucks and put a Trask on a stock engine or even one beefed up with a fatter crank, but if you plan on riding regularly, then that near-stock engine just won't make it and the recriminations will spew forth in a river of tears. That Trask or a similar charger will need some solid, uranium enriched, bulletproof motor from S&S or Patrick Racing (if they still exist) or some such that can handle the HP increase, the heat and internal pressures. We all want something for nothing, and we get...nothing. Just my judgment on this.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 24 queries.