Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Your CB  (Read 1462 times)

kazumdgc

• Senior CVO Member
  • Only Way to GO!
Your CB
« on: October 09, 2006, 12:22:21 PM »

Ok for those of us who have a CVO with a CB what channel do you keep it on to get other bikers? I will always go to  4 or 1 with my friends as we make that call on the ride but is there an established biker channel for CB's if not lets start one! [smiley=banana.gif]

Should be a short topic.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Re: Your CB
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 02:08:56 PM »

Our chapter has always used channel 2 for the road captains with all others on 4 unless they want to listen to the road captains.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

kazumdgc

• Senior CVO Member
  • Only Way to GO!
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 02:44:01 PM »

Thanks, I really should have said anybody with a CB on their bike, but your Road captians switch back and forth or everybody is on 4 while on a ride and the RC use 2 as their own to talk to themselves.

I am looking to try and say when you are riding, all bikes are going to be on channel whatever like truckers use 19 for their world. Make any sense or should I just hang it up?

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 10:24:13 PM »

I may be wrong, but I thought I had read that the mid range of channels (i.e. 20 +-) provided better range and or reception.  I have 17 and 19 programmed but last time out I did not pick up any conversations.  Makes me think something is wrong with the CB
Supertrapp 2:1 and SERT

kazumdgc

• Senior CVO Member
  • Only Way to GO!
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 07:24:21 AM »

I am sure your CB is working right check your settings for volume and your speaker 3 way switch. Go to 19 and ask for a radio check. Someone should reply. Sometimes they don't but keep trying. If you hook up with another ultra rider with a CB you can both check your CB's by going to 17 or what ever and testing. I guess if it is true 14 15 16 04 17 would make for good biker channels.

Lets land on 14

kazumdgc

• Senior CVO Member
  • Only Way to GO!
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 12:15:05 PM »

I have a few groups here in PA and they all use channel 4. Works for me. No other thoughts? I said this would be a short one.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 02:26:39 PM »

Gee I don't know if we could develop a National CVO channel or not? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Maybe contacting a general magazine like American Iron or American Rider will get some more attention and replies to see what more bikers use?

I don't know what the local HOG chapters use in this area. I ride mainly with the Blue Knights and they vary the channel based on who sponsers the run. They base it on the local chapter number such as if Chapter 5 sponsors a run then it's on channel 5 ,if chapter 3 sponsors the run then it's on channel 3 etc.
State police used to monitor channel 9 but not sure if they do anymore or not since cell phones have gotten so popular.

kazumdgc

• Senior CVO Member
  • Only Way to GO!
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 02:46:53 PM »

I agree with you about American Iron. Since the editor and owner of the rag has an Ultra as one of his many collectables he may be willing to at least start the ball. I will send him off an email and see if there is any interest. Could be a CVO-All Bike- CB channel. This way bikers could be helping bikers. In some areas your only communication would be the CB depending on your service and where you are at the time.
Thanks for the input. [smiley=cherry.gif]

hogheritage04

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, but rather the journey
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 05:38:43 PM »

Our HOG chapter uses channel 12 for communcations when on rides or with individuals.  I have been using a CB for some time, and usually channel 17 and 19 are what the truckers use on the interstates.

kazumdgc

• Senior CVO Member
  • Only Way to GO!
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 08:06:38 PM »

I sent an email to American Iron and this was their reponse. Please add to the web site.
Hey Dave,

Thanks for the idea. Not bad at all. The trouble is that you're really talking about the way high-end touring crowd (i.e. not everyone rides CB-equipped Ultras and Gold Wings). Anyway, I mentioned it to Chris, and he didn't sound all too thrilled about using the mag as a forum for pushing the CB thing. However, you should definitely got to AIMAG.COM, and start a thread in the general area of the message board. You never know. It could catch on like mad.

Best---Sam [smiley=pumpkin.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif]

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2006, 09:04:36 PM »

Great job sounds like you got things rolling.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

kazumdgc

• Senior CVO Member
  • Only Way to GO!
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2006, 08:11:30 AM »

Thanks, I posted the subject on the AIM chat board under travel. Those of us who have CB should go there and chat about it and see if we can get enough people yaking about a National biker channel and who knows maybe the rag will pick it up. [smiley=banana.gif]

Maybe I am nuts but when I leave my house to put my CB on channel whatever and hear other bikers talking about what they are doing today and place they are riding to would be fun. Seeing bike comming from a direction I am going would be good to know what lies ahead. This could be all good. Maybe when the MOCO sells a bike with a CB they will have the channel list in the manual for the CB use. None of this will happen if we just sit on out butts.

kazumdgc

• Senior CVO Member
  • Only Way to GO!
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2006, 08:14:49 AM »

www.AIMAG.COM is the site for their posts.

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 21 queries.