Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Impressions of the 2014 CVO'S After The Factory Demo Days  (Read 2495 times)

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
My Impressions of the 2014 CVO'S After The Factory Demo Days
« on: September 21, 2013, 07:08:10 AM »

I attended a factory demo day event yesterday and was fortunate to ride the mew Road King and Limited CVO's. While I am very happy with my 2013's and will not be trading this year, I like the direction HD is going. I have hated the heat from these large motors and bought and sold a BMW 1600 GTL 18 months ago. I loved riding in hot weather and not being hot. Their water cooled motors are great. The Limited in my opinion feels 50% cooler but I was picking up some slight heat near my right ankle. The ambient temperature was 80. This is a welcome change. I liked the linked brakes but they are not quite up to the BMW design but a large improvement. I never comment on colors until I see them in person, but WOW on the green RK and Blue Limited. While not riding at low light conditions, the bikes that had the LED's are very very visible in my side view mirrors. They really stand out. The RK has the same ride feeling as my 2013 but the Limited had a better ride quality. I really like my 'Road Glide' with the lowers and music but I ride less that 60 MPH most of the time and have the standard RK windshield.. I'm not sure whether it's the front fork redesign. With the slightly higher windshield (Limited) and the new venting, less wind turbulence is noticed. The winds were 20mph and gusty yesterday. The BMW was the highest tech bike I have ever owned but felt like something was missing after the ride. I did not have high expectations but I was impressed. While the improvements are not quite as much as I was wishing for, they are in the right direction. I can say that anybody who upgrades to the Limited will be pleased. And I don't want to overlook the latches, WOW!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 07:11:28 AM by Racerdj »
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
Re: My Impressions of the 2014 CVO'S After The Factory Demo Days
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 07:27:17 AM »

I forgot to mention comments on the new Limited dashboard. I like it! No problems in direct sunlight. The new GPS screen is a big improvement too.
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

SG Racer

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2, Black Diamond/ Inferno Orange
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG, Cherry
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 08:29:23 AM »

Nice review.
D&D Fat Cat W/Ghost pipe
Custom leather seat
12" Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars
SEPST
93Hp, 116Tq

rayz1951

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 02:53:28 PM »

Nice review on the 14's.  I just bought a ultra limited and couldn't agree more on the heat issue.  The ride is much more smoother than my 08 SEUC and the buffeting issue is gone.  I'm learning about the infotainment system as I go, it may take me awhile, (technically challenged) but I like it. Overall this 14 limited, IMHO, is a great bike.  I'm glad I took the plunge!! :orange:
RayZ

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 06:35:35 PM »

Nice review on the 14's.  I just bought a ultra limited and couldn't agree more on the heat issue.  The ride is much more smoother than my 08 SEUC and the buffeting issue is gone.  I'm learning about the infotainment system as I go, it may take me awhile, (technically challenged) but I like it. Overall this 14 limited, IMHO, is a great bike.  I'm glad I took the plunge!! :orange:
I would imagine a HUGE ride difference from a '08 to a '14 I thought from 08-09 was huge...

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 07:38:22 AM »

Racerdj, thanks for the review. I am not one to take the plunge on a first year with all of the changes. There have been some problems with the new cooling system on the dealer level. I know it will take a little time to get the things ironed out. I do like most of the changes on the new bikes, but I am not sure about TWIN COOLING!!!! I have not laid my eyes on the CVO Limited as of yet. When I do it may be a different story.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Harley Guy

• Elite CVO Member
  • RIDE ON ...............
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Ultra Classic.... Ruby - sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Limited........... Dirty Blonde
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 12:43:16 PM »

Thanks for the review. It is appreciated.

My 09 SE Ultra Classic just turned 51,000 miles - in a little under 5 years.  I will be looking for a new bike in the next year to two (just because).

RIDE ON............

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 01:12:13 PM »

I have not laid my eyes on the CVO Limited as of yet. When I do it may be a different story.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
I saw the blue one. It was meh. Didn't do much for me.  :nixweiss:

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 23 queries.