Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Idle question  (Read 7665 times)

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
Re: Idle question
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 10:18:36 AM »

Why disable it? If it keeps things cooler then why not let it do its job? I have noticed this new bike goes into this EITMS mode far quicker than the older bikes but it does not bother me.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2014, 01:46:03 PM »

Why disable it? If it keeps things cooler then why not let it do its job? I have noticed this new bike goes into this EITMS mode far quicker than the older bikes but it does not bother me.

I think it may have something to do with wanting to sound cool, rather than be cool, if you know what I mean. ;)

With the Twin Cooled bikes it shouldn't be necessary to have EITMS engaged to protect the engine, so it truly becomes a rider comfort feature.  If the rider isn't uncomfortable with the heat from the engine and exhaust while sitting at idle, I can't think of any reason to have to keep it engaged all the time.  And of course if conditions change and they find themselves sitting still in traffic with a 100°F ambient air temp and a 140°F road temp baking them, they can easily turn the system back on to get a little relief from the engine and exhaust heat.

Btw, the reason it seems the new bike goes into EITMS mode far quicker is that on the Twin Cooled bikes Harley now uses ambient air temperature rather than cylinder head temperature to trigger the system.  The trigger is 80°F air temp, so most of the summer the EITMS will be kicking in every time you stop for more than a few seconds.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Colonel Sanders

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2014, 02:48:51 AM »

With the EITMS active it just gets on my nerves.  What I mean is that to me it just feels like the bike is running like $7!t.  It shakes...and I don't mean in a good way like my .640 cammed 124" Deuce.  It's just a crappy kind of running on one cylinder kind of shake (cuz that's exactly what it is).  Kinda feels like it's about to stall out.  And honestly, I don't find this bike to feel hot running so whatever benefit there is to the system is a mute point to me.  Just opinions I guess. :)

I'm just glad it's easy to turn off!  8)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 02:51:02 AM by Colonel Sanders »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.507 seconds with 21 queries.