Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]

Author Topic: 113" / 117" Build, Am I headed in the right direction?  (Read 91288 times)

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
Re: 113" / 117" Build, Am I headed in the right direction?
« Reply #345 on: November 10, 2017, 09:43:01 PM »

Evening Update; 61,088 on the Bike, 40,xxx on the Build, 9,xxx on the "Refresh"

Changed the Mobil1 20-50,(3qts) K&N Filter, & Redline Primary Case Fluid,(1qt) with the same.

At 4k miles, this oil change was a little long for me,,, even though the Engine oil was almost "diesel black" the Bike is performing very well, and more importantly, dead nuts QUIET except that an Intake? S&S Premium Lifter "tapped" 6 times at startup one morning in Maggie Valley :nervous:

Engine used a little less than 1 "X" on the dipstick,,, No debris on the Drain Plug... :2vrolijk_21:

Primary remains quiet and smooth, the Alto Carbonite Plates still giving a "Motorcop would love it" feel and an easy Neutral... Enough "paste" to cover the magnet on the Drain Plug,,, no debris... :2vrolijk_21:

Fuel Mileage is back to 38.7, with a low of 35.6, and a high of 44.2 blasting home from the Maggie Valley GTG :drink:   

A little disappointed with Ride-On Tire Sealant,,, I spoke with Harry 8/31 at Ride-On (about the instant deflation on the Rear Michelin Commander II while we were riding around Murphy, NC), and sent some pictures at his request,,, 'never heard back from Ride-On :nixweiss: in this instance the sealant didn't work at all, and the company doesn't seem to care :confused5: so no more Ride-On for me...
Besides,,, I can get 2 racks of ribs for the cost of r-o...

Next on the list,,, Flush the Hydraulic Clutch & the Brakes :bananarock:       
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #346 on: December 22, 2017, 05:59:52 PM »

Afternoon Update; 61,707 on the Bike, 41,xxx on the Build; 10,xxx on the "Refresh"

Not many miles, been riding the  :cherry:

Finally got around to having the Brakes and Clutch Flushed, at HD of Panama City Beach,,, Figured I'd give HDPCB a try as Emerald Coast HD (who I've been trading with for over 15 years has a lot of turnover), can't hardly get anybody on the phone, when I called for a quote, some newbie told me it would be $375. (+tax) to flush the Brakes and Clutch, $125 for each of the 3 Hydraulic systems  :o whereas HDPCB had me out the door for $125 :2vrolijk_21:

The Fluids looked fine, just used, no trash in the bottom of the reservoirs,,, All Good :2vrolijk_21: 

The Bike is doing fine all the way around :bananarock: next on the list; R&R the Fuel Filter...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 06:02:13 PM by FlaHeatWave »
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #347 on: December 27, 2017, 12:02:11 PM »

Afternoon Update; 61,707 on the Bike, 41,xxx on the Build; 10,xxx on the "Refresh"

Not many miles, been riding the  :cherry:

Finally got around to having the Brakes and Clutch Flushed, at HD of Panama City Beach,,, Figured I'd give HDPCB a try as Emerald Coast HD (who I've been trading with for over 15 years has a lot of turnover), can't hardly get anybody on the phone, when I called for a quote, some newbie told me it would be $375. (+tax) to flush the Brakes and Clutch, $125 for each of the 3 Hydraulic systems  :o whereas HDPCB had me out the door for $125 :2vrolijk_21:

The Fluids looked fine, just used, no trash in the bottom of the reservoirs,,, All Good :2vrolijk_21: 

The Bike is doing fine all the way around :bananarock: next on the list; R&R the Fuel Filter...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Glad she is still going strong for you Ed
Most great stores start with a bad decision

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #348 on: February 12, 2018, 07:59:26 PM »

It never did "creep", even straddling (weight off) the bike, revving the engine...

When first installed Altos >10k ago, had evasive Neutral, trying the 32oz  Fluid cured Neutral... It doesn't seem to be abnormally loud going into 1st, if I have the Lever pinned to the Grip, with (sometimes) a blip of the Throttle... Easy Neutral with the factory recommended 38oz now.   

Maybe I'm just learning to "drive around" it :nixweiss: I still have some experimenting to do... Wanting to try a lighter Spring than the SE HD  (380lb) that is currently installed, maybe the OE CVO Spring ( 340lb) or a stock Spring- 300lb... It's got more than enough Clutch in it, not even thinking about slipping,,, figuring that a lighter Spring would be less stress on the hydraulics / bearings etc... long term, with the added benefit of a lighter Lever pull...

Ed what spring did you finally settle on? Was going to try and put the Alto clutch and VP95LT in later this week and thought I would try and get the right spring in the first time from your experience

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #349 on: February 13, 2018, 01:07:02 AM »

Ed what spring did you finally settle on? Was going to try and put the Alto clutch and VP95LT in later this week and thought I would try and get the right spring in the first time from your experience
Hi David,

'Never did change it out, waiting on another excuse to go into the Primary, still running the SE HD Spring (380 lb??) that came in the Stage III Kit...

The Stock CVO Spring (340 lb??) should be more than enough with the Alto / AIM combo :2vrolijk_21:

What are you running now?? any slip?? any issues??

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #350 on: February 13, 2018, 10:48:44 AM »

Right now I am running the SE spring (380???), and passing in 5th 2up I have to feather it or it will blow through the clutch.

From reading AIM's chart I think I will start with the CVO spring (340??) and see how that feels.

Thank you Ed

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #351 on: February 14, 2018, 08:11:37 PM »

Get a Rekluse

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #352 on: February 15, 2018, 02:13:41 PM »

Right now I am running the SE spring (380???), and passing in 5th 2up I have to feather it or it will blow through the clutch.

From reading AIM's chart I think I will start with the CVO spring (340??) and see how that feels.

Thank you Ed

You'll be fine with the CVO Spring,,, iirc it has a pink dot... The Alto Plates add a fair amount of grip...

johnsachs

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #353 on: February 15, 2018, 06:23:47 PM »

The SE heavy duty spring, S&S Heavy duty spring, and the Alto heavy duty clutch spring are all made by Alto, and are all the same springs.  ;)
John

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #354 on: February 18, 2018, 12:14:58 AM »

You'll be fine with the CVO Spring,,, iirc it has a pink dot... The Alto Plates add a fair amount of grip...

Thank you Ed. Work has kind of gotten in the way of working on the bike this weekend, so maybe next weekend I can replace it.

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #355 on: February 18, 2018, 12:16:44 AM »

The SE heavy duty spring, S&S Heavy duty spring, and the Alto heavy duty clutch spring are all made by Alto, and are all the same springs.  ;)
John

Thank you John. I'll save that bit.of.information
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 21 queries.