Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So I got a TTS Mastertune, Now what ?  (Read 2985 times)

Johnny Walker

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

• CVO1: 2013 SERK
    • CVO2: 2003 Fatboy
So I got a TTS Mastertune, Now what ?
« on: September 23, 2017, 12:04:07 AM »

Ahhh man, this is so confusing. I had a I had a Cobra It2000 Black tuner on my 2013 Road King CVO, Screaming Eagle 110. I got Amazon and the seller to take it back after using it for a few hundred miles after I realized it was fuel management only. I purchased the TTS Mastertune. Man, finding instructions, that are recent, on just where to start are really hard to find. The only things I've done to the bike are to put on a K&N air cleaner and put on some Cobra Powerflo's. They have like 3" baffles in them and sound better and better all the time. I plan on going with the Fullsac Sport Pipe header in the not too distant future but for now I'm pretty confused on which cam I have in the bike, 255 or 260 and how can I tell. Do I have to go all through the Computer in the saddlebag thing or can I just load a setting into the tuner ? When they refer to having " race exhaust" would the Cobra Powerflo's be considered " race exhaust" and is just having the slip on's considered " race exhaust" or does that mean I have the race header too? I grew up in a garage working with my dad and was a Huey mechanic in Nam and the Army so I've got some mechanical aptitude but this stuff is really confusing and there isn't much help online. Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated.. Thanks so much.

ultraswede

Re: So I got a TTS Mastertune, Now what ?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 03:19:57 AM »

Have you installed and run the TTS software updater?
http://www.mastertune.net/downloads_software_updater.php

When that is done, you have a lot of intructions available in .pdf
All answers to your questions can be found in the manual.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 09:05:43 AM »

What he said ^^^.  Once you get everything up to date and have access to the online manual, if you still need help you can call TTS.  You can also post in the TTS support section of this site and Steve Cole will respond.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Johnny Walker

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 10:08:57 AM »

Yes, I have run the updater. Thanks for the help.

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 11:49:11 AM »

Unless someone has been into the bike you will have the 255 cams. The 260's would have been installed with the 10.5 compression kit and would have been a Stage something kit, and would have also required a tune or a reflash.

If the bike runs below 3500 its a 255. If your bicycle outruns it to about 3800 then you could have the 260.

I don't remember where it's at but a link has been posted a couple time to TTS for dummies. It's old, but a good read also
Most great stores start with a bad decision

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 11:55:44 AM »

Yes, I have run the updater. Thanks for the help.
Don't remember who.posted this but its a link to TTS for Dummies. Maybe that will help get you started

https://app.box.com/s/5ls2mtfhjc8ybcx15f2y
Most great stores start with a bad decision

Johnny Walker

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 08:20:59 PM »

Man you sure a big help. Thanks to everyone for their input. It’s greatly appreciated. Deuces.

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 22 queries.