Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Author Topic: How many annual Miles in 2006?  (Read 5089 times)

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
How many annual Miles in 2006?
« on: December 17, 2006, 01:01:16 PM »

I know we have a thread on how many miles on bike already but none for this year like our local H.O.G. chapter does annual miles award program.I know some of us have put the bike away till next year. Only 15 days left till 07.

I logged 6916 this year on the SEEG 04 pumpkin and 872 on the blue 07CUSE2

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
Re: How many annual Miles in 2006?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 01:28:48 PM »

just about 6k on the cherry SEEG and around 2 K on the Road King before i sold it..not counting a few hunnerd on Squirells Nana  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 01:49:42 PM »

Managed just over 11,000 on the ole Heritage Softail this year - loved every mile.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=banana.gif]

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 01:57:15 PM »

I've seen this issue be brought up before on other threads and yes I've posted a mileage count before, but the more I think about it the more I'm of a mind that I don't really get the intent. I think a few on this site would vouch for the fact that I ride - - - - - - a lot. But you know guys who ride like me tend to be loners and I don't think of myself as a loner. Early on when I had royally screwed with a few people and damn near got the boot from this site, I was really hurt to think I wouldn't be able to participate anymore. So I more or less got with the program, made a few friends and now it would seem this site is like family to me. So, the idea that the distance someone rides is a qualifier seems somehow wrong, just as not having the fastest bike on the site is wrong as a qualifier. As someone once said " it's all good " that's the underlying theme here. It is all good. Fast, cruise,long, short, custom, stock, whatever it's all good. So if you want to talk to folks who ride long distances, start a thread called " long distance riding"
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 01:57:41 PM by SPIDERMAN »

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 02:10:43 PM »

I've seen this issue be brought up before on other threads and yes I've posted a mileage count before, but the more I think about it the more I'm of a mind that I don't really get the intent. I think a few on this site would vouch for the fact that I ride - - - - - - a lot. But you know guys who ride like me tend to be loners and I don't think of myself as a loner. Early on when I had royally screwed with a few people and damn near got the boot from this site, I was really hurt to think I wouldn't be able to participate anymore. So I more or less got with the program, made a few friends and now it would seem this site is like family to me. So, the idea that the distance someone rides is a qualifier seems somehow wrong, just as not having the fastest bike on the site is wrong as a qualifier. As someone once said " it's all good " that's the underlying theme here. It is all good. Fast, cruise,long, short, custom, stock, whatever it's all good. So if you want to talk to folks who ride long distances, start a thread called " long distance riding"
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 02:21:36 PM »

Speakin of which I've gotta get that 1,000 miles on my new 103 top end and I'm not doing it sittin here talkin about it. I'll be back later

B B

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 02:23:49 PM »

Speakin of which I've gotta get that 1,000 miles on my new 103 top end and I'm not doing it sittin here talkin about it. I'll be back later

B B
Ride safe big man

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 02:35:22 PM »

Soft Spot for BB. Sorry to impose sush a harmless thread and I am not one to crow for milage for I consider myself a weekend rider as I work hard during the week to pay for my OCD habbit.Ride when I can on weekends and a couple longs trips in the year and I never have put on too many miles. Iron butt rides,more power to ya.Hope to sometime.This thread was to see who logs a ton of miles or not many miles in 06 and is cool to see what fellow ladies and gents put on in a year not just what your odmeter says since you had the bike.Seems like a lot of local HOG chapters have this and why not share here? If you do not want to - don,t.Another thread would be trailing your bike too rallies and get togethers.Who does and why?

Free

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 02:59:13 PM »

With 4 kids under 8 years old and my own business, i dont frankly get a lot of miles. Usually do one decent size trip per year (will do the Nelson Rally this year) and 3 or 4 weekend trips with the wife (usually up to the Napa valley since its own an hour north of us).  I try to find excuses to ride on weekends (usually doing errands or following the wife up to Tahoe or Lake Almanor). Once in awhile i will drive to work.  So maybe 5 to 7k per year between two bikes.  Next year i am going to be taking my oldest son who will be 10 on a long trip and will take each kid when they turn 10, so should be putting more miles on the bikes over the next several years.  

Free

JDOFLHRIDER

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2010 FLHTCUSE5 BURNT AMBER -HOT CITRUS
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 03:04:35 PM »

WELL I RODE 4000 MILES ON MY SEEG AND PICKED 07 SEUC BEFORE STURGIS AND HAVE 9600 MILES ON IT NOW AND WAS 40 OUT THE OTHER MORNING AND EVEN RODE IT TO WORK.WHAT OTHER KIND OF HOBBY OR PASSION CAN YOU ENJOY GOING MOSTLY ANYWHERE AND MEASURE PIC'S AND VEIWS BY MILES,AND SHARE FRIENDSHIPS WITH OTHERS YOU DON'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN YOUR PASSION TOO.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 03:06:02 PM by JDOFLHRIDER »

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 03:24:33 PM »

Obviously, my usual time "In The Wind", this year, was spent Transporting our Cars and Equipment to all the USAR events on the HOOTERS Pro-Cup Tour.  Didn't put but 700 miles on "Ol' Maudie", this season, total.  Did rack up 24,000 miles on "Ol' Blackie", though, my trusted go-fast Western Star.  Not the same as "In The Wind", but therapy, just the same.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Later--HUBBARD    
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 03:47:14 PM »

I concour. Well said [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
WELL I RODE 4000 MILES ON MY SEEG AND PICKED 07 SEUC BEFORE STURGIS AND HAVE 9600 MILES ON IT NOW AND WAS 40 OUT THE OTHER MORNING AND EVEN RODE IT TO WORK.WHAT OTHER KIND OF HOBBY OR PASSION CAN YOU ENJOY GOING MOSTLY ANYWHERE AND MEASURE PIC'S AND VEIWS BY MILES,AND SHARE FRIENDSHIPS WITH OTHERS YOU DON'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN YOUR PASSION TOO.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 05:46:12 PM »

Soft Spot for BB. Sorry to impose sush a harmless thread and I am not one to crow for milage for I consider myself a weekend rider as I work hard during the week to pay for my OCD habbit.Ride when I can on weekends and a couple longs trips in the year and I never have put on too many miles. Iron butt rides,more power to ya.Hope to sometime.This thread was to see who logs a ton of miles or not many miles in 06 and is cool to see what fellow ladies and gents put on in a year not just what your odmeter says since you had the bike.Seems like a lot of local HOG chapters have this and why not share here? If you do not want to - don,t.Another thread would be trailing your bike too rallies and get togethers.Who does and why?

Ain't no soft spot for me Dude, I'm into this thing twenty ways from Tuesday so no matter what you're talkin bout, I'm there. My point was just that this subject comes around as often as oil and tire threads and it's about as useful IMO it don't matter how much you ride, so long as ride you do  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 05:50:18 PM by SPIDERMAN »

sfarson

• On a Ride
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSE3

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2006, 06:00:43 PM »

22,356 miles for 2006 YTD.  With some decent weather this Christmas break may get close to 23K.

sanjoseduke

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2006, 06:18:35 PM »

I logged 13,000 fantastic miles on my 06 CUSE, 3,000 on my 03 Heritage Softail, about 1,000 on rental bikes. In 2007 I expect to put on another 13,000 on my CUSE and can't figure out why I'm keeping the 03 Softail.

SanJoseDuke
13 FLHTCUSE8

Retired & Loving it!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 20 queries.