Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Fuel management CVO Street Glide  (Read 16849 times)

jacksglide

• Junior CVO Member
Fuel management CVO Street Glide
« on: August 31, 2009, 12:35:35 PM »

While in S.D this year, I talked to one of the techs from H.D. about upgrades for my new Glide. I was told, no fuel management system is needed, that H.D. designed the computor for this issue. Meaning dump what it comes with and uplode a map that covers the pipes. I was told that there would be no need for a stage 1 kit, that the production air intake meets or exceeds what the kit would give you. Since no on really makes pipes for this model yet, can anyone clear yp the needed mods for my scoot. Currently have an 06 Road Glide with a stage 1, Bubs true duals and a power comander. Runs very strong, the H.D. rep was at the dealer the day the bike was on the dyno, and he wanted to know whoes cams I was running. Stock H.D. Any thoughts as to what the new Street Glide will require???????????

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
Re: Fuel management CVO Street Glide
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 03:22:22 PM »

Several other members and now me are working on it "as we speak".

I recommend the new HD Super Tuner and the data logger for the new Street Glide for all of the reasons you just mentioned. (Yes I ordered the complete set up to get ready.

The data logger allows you to install various combinations of performance parts, go for a ride, and then upload the necessary changes to your current ECM Map configuration.

Heres' the rub as I understand it.

The 2010 Harley models have new larger and relocated bungs in the header pipes.

The mufflers will work on your system and may not require and map adjustments.  However to be sure if you have the "new SERT with logger" you can confirm that by trapping the data as you ride and seeing what needs to be changed.

But if you add the correct headers, an air cleaner (OEM) some cams--etc you are going to need to change the maps.

So in summary, I can't find the new Reinharts. I checked with Jenni and she has some mufflers but not the 2010 complete true duals.

DOES anyone else sell Reinharts???? It seems that Bub isn't selling them anymore and is concentrating on their Bub 7 products which aren't available until close to the end of the year.

Several other members here may add their experiences so we can fix the "Gold Wing" sound on our new CVO's ASAP!!!

Regards

« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 11:00:44 AM by CVOStreetglide »

jacksglide

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 05:21:43 PM »

I talked to Reinhart directly and was told " we are in the developmental stage on our new exhaust systems specifically designed for the Street Glide CVO model. I assure you that we will not only have a complete system but several slip on models available. This availability will not take place until we have the designs 100% correct. Ride your new bike, put it away for the winter and by spring you will have several options to choose from."  I have had and used Reinhart products for several different bikes now. ANY problems have been dealt with in a very professional and expeditious manner. Long story short, I can wait because from personal experience, Reinharts product(s) will be worth the wait.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 06:17:49 PM »

While in S.D this year, I talked to one of the techs from H.D. about upgrades for my new Glide. I was told, no fuel management system is needed, that H.D. designed the computor for this issue. Meaning dump what it comes with and uplode a map that covers the pipes. I was told that there would be no need for a stage 1 kit, that the production air intake meets or exceeds what the kit would give you. Since no on really makes pipes for this model yet, can anyone clear yp the needed mods for my scoot. Currently have an 06 Road Glide with a stage 1, Bubs true duals and a power comander. Runs very strong, the H.D. rep was at the dealer the day the bike was on the dyno, and he wanted to know whoes cams I was running. Stock H.D. Any thoughts as to what the new Street Glide will require???????????

I am also working on this issue for my SESG. What I have found out is that you can replace the mufflers without needing any computer work, but once you remove the cat in the headpipe you will need to remap. I have installed Cobra 4" slip-ons and modified the baffles to get a little more sound out of them and the bike still runs good. A very popular mod among theusers of this board is to replace the muufler cores with Fullsac cores and send the headpipe over to them to have the cat removed. The site is www.fullsdac.com. You could also get a TTS Mastertune at the same time from Fullsac and they will include the map for the computer. Do a search on exhaust and you will find no shortage of posts on the subject. Steve at Fullsac is a great guy and will have no problem answering any questions that you may have. The Mastertune software is made by the same people that used to make the SERT for Harley a few years back. The opinions usually lean towards the Mastertune, but to each his own. Speak with whoever you are going to use for the dyno tune and see what they are comfortable with. You can read more about the Mastertune here: http://www.mastertune.net/HD_master_tune.html

If you just want to replace the headpipe Vance & Hines is working on a pipe that will be available sometime in October--or so they say. It's on the site.

Hope this helped.....

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 06:58:45 PM »

If you just want to replace the headpipe Vance & Hines is working on a pipe that will be available sometime in October--or so they say. It's on the site.

I've been all over V&H site and can't find the head-pipe only ... got a link?
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 07:05:03 PM »

I've been all over V&H site and can't find the head-pipe only ... got a link?

It says 2009 but the fitment says 2010. I guess they haven't changed the text in the description yet, but I called and confirmed that it is for 2010.

http://vanceandhines.com/products/touring-10-powerduals/powerduals.html

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 07:09:24 PM »

Saw the power-duals but that is a complete exhaust ... right?
Does it fit the stock cans?

Gues I need to call them ...
TIF2

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 07:10:16 PM »

It is just the headpipe and I think it fits with the stock mufflers. You want to use the stock mufflers???
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 07:11:56 PM by mjb765 »

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 07:16:43 PM »

Dunno yet ... still weighing options. I spoke with Steve at Fullsac and he says that the stock head-pipe flows pretty good once gutted, but then I saw another post where his full setup (gut plus baffles) only gained 4hp/5lbs-ft so I am curious as to what other options will exist over the winter.

Man ... still trying to lock my bike deal down and already modding it. Am I obsessed or what?
TIF2

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 07:21:07 PM »

Yeah..I guess so....just get the bike and by then I am sure others will have tried a few combinations and you can get more info then.

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 11:07:36 AM »

It says 2009 but the fitment says 2010. I guess they haven't changed the text in the description yet, but I called and confirmed that it is for 2010.

http://vanceandhines.com/products/touring-10-powerduals/powerduals.html

Be very, very careful here.

Yes the 2009 header pipes and mufflers will work on the bike but you will not have the correct 2010 bungs which are larger and have been relocated this year.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 12:08:40 PM »

Yes the 2009 header pipes and mufflers will work on the bike but you will not have the correct 2010 bungs which are larger and have been relocated this year.

According to V&H, their 2010 true duals and 2-1-2 (w/power chamber) will be available late this month, early next.  They will have the correct O2 sensor bungs on them. 

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 12:42:01 PM »

Red Devil:

Thanks for the information!!!

Here's some of the considerations I would like to get resolved which may apply to some of the other members:

1. Will the 2010 "non Cat" Harley header pipes work for the CVO Bikes with Cats??

2. Are they the same except for not having a cat i/e are the pipe diameters the same and are the bungs the same and located in the same place as the CVO's?

3. Will the 2009 Reinhart mufflers fit the stock Cat header pipes without modification?? Are there any downsides??

4. When exactly will the 2010 Reinhart True Dual solution be available?? Cost??

5. Is a "remap" needed if only the Reinhart Mufflers are installed on the stock Cat CVO pipes or will the stock 2010 ECM handle it? (Possible interim solution)

6. Are there differences in the diameter of the 2009 CVO pipes and the 2010 CVO pipes?? (The bung locations and diameters are reported to be different)

Regards
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 02:55:23 PM by CVOStreetglide »

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2009, 01:15:46 PM »

V&H is aware of that difference which is why the new for 2010 pipes are not available for another month.

According to Steve at Fullsac, you can replace the stock mufflers without a remap since the cat is still in place.

09 and '10 mufflers should be the same.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 01:23:32 PM by mjb765 »

hondo

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 02:33:02 PM »

Hello, I just recieved a set of Fullsac 2.25" baffles and hope to get them installed in my 2010 SE Glide this weekend. I talked with Steve @ fullsac and he said that I should be able to run these without a reprogram without any problems, So my plan is to get some good sound  and wait until all the vendors get caught up on producing the new headpipe. and maps etc etc.  Then decide on how to complete the entire system.
I will post how this install goes and how these 2.25 baffles sound when done
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 21 queries.