Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: Fuel management CVO Street Glide  (Read 16850 times)

jacksglide

• Junior CVO Member
Fuel management CVO Street Glide
« on: August 31, 2009, 12:35:35 PM »

While in S.D this year, I talked to one of the techs from H.D. about upgrades for my new Glide. I was told, no fuel management system is needed, that H.D. designed the computor for this issue. Meaning dump what it comes with and uplode a map that covers the pipes. I was told that there would be no need for a stage 1 kit, that the production air intake meets or exceeds what the kit would give you. Since no on really makes pipes for this model yet, can anyone clear yp the needed mods for my scoot. Currently have an 06 Road Glide with a stage 1, Bubs true duals and a power comander. Runs very strong, the H.D. rep was at the dealer the day the bike was on the dyno, and he wanted to know whoes cams I was running. Stock H.D. Any thoughts as to what the new Street Glide will require???????????

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
Re: Fuel management CVO Street Glide
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 03:22:22 PM »

Several other members and now me are working on it "as we speak".

I recommend the new HD Super Tuner and the data logger for the new Street Glide for all of the reasons you just mentioned. (Yes I ordered the complete set up to get ready.

The data logger allows you to install various combinations of performance parts, go for a ride, and then upload the necessary changes to your current ECM Map configuration.

Heres' the rub as I understand it.

The 2010 Harley models have new larger and relocated bungs in the header pipes.

The mufflers will work on your system and may not require and map adjustments.  However to be sure if you have the "new SERT with logger" you can confirm that by trapping the data as you ride and seeing what needs to be changed.

But if you add the correct headers, an air cleaner (OEM) some cams--etc you are going to need to change the maps.

So in summary, I can't find the new Reinharts. I checked with Jenni and she has some mufflers but not the 2010 complete true duals.

DOES anyone else sell Reinharts???? It seems that Bub isn't selling them anymore and is concentrating on their Bub 7 products which aren't available until close to the end of the year.

Several other members here may add their experiences so we can fix the "Gold Wing" sound on our new CVO's ASAP!!!

Regards

« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 11:00:44 AM by CVOStreetglide »

jacksglide

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 05:21:43 PM »

I talked to Reinhart directly and was told " we are in the developmental stage on our new exhaust systems specifically designed for the Street Glide CVO model. I assure you that we will not only have a complete system but several slip on models available. This availability will not take place until we have the designs 100% correct. Ride your new bike, put it away for the winter and by spring you will have several options to choose from."  I have had and used Reinhart products for several different bikes now. ANY problems have been dealt with in a very professional and expeditious manner. Long story short, I can wait because from personal experience, Reinharts product(s) will be worth the wait.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 06:17:49 PM »

While in S.D this year, I talked to one of the techs from H.D. about upgrades for my new Glide. I was told, no fuel management system is needed, that H.D. designed the computor for this issue. Meaning dump what it comes with and uplode a map that covers the pipes. I was told that there would be no need for a stage 1 kit, that the production air intake meets or exceeds what the kit would give you. Since no on really makes pipes for this model yet, can anyone clear yp the needed mods for my scoot. Currently have an 06 Road Glide with a stage 1, Bubs true duals and a power comander. Runs very strong, the H.D. rep was at the dealer the day the bike was on the dyno, and he wanted to know whoes cams I was running. Stock H.D. Any thoughts as to what the new Street Glide will require???????????

I am also working on this issue for my SESG. What I have found out is that you can replace the mufflers without needing any computer work, but once you remove the cat in the headpipe you will need to remap. I have installed Cobra 4" slip-ons and modified the baffles to get a little more sound out of them and the bike still runs good. A very popular mod among theusers of this board is to replace the muufler cores with Fullsac cores and send the headpipe over to them to have the cat removed. The site is www.fullsdac.com. You could also get a TTS Mastertune at the same time from Fullsac and they will include the map for the computer. Do a search on exhaust and you will find no shortage of posts on the subject. Steve at Fullsac is a great guy and will have no problem answering any questions that you may have. The Mastertune software is made by the same people that used to make the SERT for Harley a few years back. The opinions usually lean towards the Mastertune, but to each his own. Speak with whoever you are going to use for the dyno tune and see what they are comfortable with. You can read more about the Mastertune here: http://www.mastertune.net/HD_master_tune.html

If you just want to replace the headpipe Vance & Hines is working on a pipe that will be available sometime in October--or so they say. It's on the site.

Hope this helped.....

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 06:58:45 PM »

If you just want to replace the headpipe Vance & Hines is working on a pipe that will be available sometime in October--or so they say. It's on the site.

I've been all over V&H site and can't find the head-pipe only ... got a link?
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 07:05:03 PM »

I've been all over V&H site and can't find the head-pipe only ... got a link?

It says 2009 but the fitment says 2010. I guess they haven't changed the text in the description yet, but I called and confirmed that it is for 2010.

http://vanceandhines.com/products/touring-10-powerduals/powerduals.html

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 07:09:24 PM »

Saw the power-duals but that is a complete exhaust ... right?
Does it fit the stock cans?

Gues I need to call them ...
TIF2

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 07:10:16 PM »

It is just the headpipe and I think it fits with the stock mufflers. You want to use the stock mufflers???
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 07:11:56 PM by mjb765 »

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 07:16:43 PM »

Dunno yet ... still weighing options. I spoke with Steve at Fullsac and he says that the stock head-pipe flows pretty good once gutted, but then I saw another post where his full setup (gut plus baffles) only gained 4hp/5lbs-ft so I am curious as to what other options will exist over the winter.

Man ... still trying to lock my bike deal down and already modding it. Am I obsessed or what?
TIF2

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 07:21:07 PM »

Yeah..I guess so....just get the bike and by then I am sure others will have tried a few combinations and you can get more info then.

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 11:07:36 AM »

It says 2009 but the fitment says 2010. I guess they haven't changed the text in the description yet, but I called and confirmed that it is for 2010.

http://vanceandhines.com/products/touring-10-powerduals/powerduals.html

Be very, very careful here.

Yes the 2009 header pipes and mufflers will work on the bike but you will not have the correct 2010 bungs which are larger and have been relocated this year.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 12:08:40 PM »

Yes the 2009 header pipes and mufflers will work on the bike but you will not have the correct 2010 bungs which are larger and have been relocated this year.

According to V&H, their 2010 true duals and 2-1-2 (w/power chamber) will be available late this month, early next.  They will have the correct O2 sensor bungs on them. 

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 12:42:01 PM »

Red Devil:

Thanks for the information!!!

Here's some of the considerations I would like to get resolved which may apply to some of the other members:

1. Will the 2010 "non Cat" Harley header pipes work for the CVO Bikes with Cats??

2. Are they the same except for not having a cat i/e are the pipe diameters the same and are the bungs the same and located in the same place as the CVO's?

3. Will the 2009 Reinhart mufflers fit the stock Cat header pipes without modification?? Are there any downsides??

4. When exactly will the 2010 Reinhart True Dual solution be available?? Cost??

5. Is a "remap" needed if only the Reinhart Mufflers are installed on the stock Cat CVO pipes or will the stock 2010 ECM handle it? (Possible interim solution)

6. Are there differences in the diameter of the 2009 CVO pipes and the 2010 CVO pipes?? (The bung locations and diameters are reported to be different)

Regards
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 02:55:23 PM by CVOStreetglide »

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2009, 01:15:46 PM »

V&H is aware of that difference which is why the new for 2010 pipes are not available for another month.

According to Steve at Fullsac, you can replace the stock mufflers without a remap since the cat is still in place.

09 and '10 mufflers should be the same.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 01:23:32 PM by mjb765 »

hondo

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 02:33:02 PM »

Hello, I just recieved a set of Fullsac 2.25" baffles and hope to get them installed in my 2010 SE Glide this weekend. I talked with Steve @ fullsac and he said that I should be able to run these without a reprogram without any problems, So my plan is to get some good sound  and wait until all the vendors get caught up on producing the new headpipe. and maps etc etc.  Then decide on how to complete the entire system.
I will post how this install goes and how these 2.25 baffles sound when done

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 02:57:42 PM »

I replaced the stock mufflers with Vance and Hines basic slippons (God, I love the sound of those  ;D ) I still have the cat in the collector of the stock headers, but had the bike tuned anyway to bring the AFR down to almost a straight 13.8 across the board.  Heat problems almost non-existant now.   ;)  Only really feel any amount of heat if I sit at a stoplight for any length of time.  But that's happened with every Harley I've ever owned. 

2012 FLHXSE3

2010StreetGlideSE

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 06:56:42 AM »

I'm in the same boat as everyone else here with my 2010 FLHXSE......and have already installed the Fullsac 2" CVO baffle cores. Very happy with the product & sound of these baffles, but looking for more performance & less heat!! Upon researching I've found that the Jackpot Muffler Co. has designed a 2 1/2 Stainless Steel Header Pipe for our bikes with the correct O2 sensor bungs & is a direct bolt-on replacement with "NO" Cat. Convertor. Available for shipment next month "October", and appears very reasonably priced too. Check this out at jackpotmufflers.com , I for one am awaiting their release next month & will be replacing my stock headpipe with this one from Jackpot Mufflers. Good luck to all, and keep your posts coming. We all want more performance & less heat!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 07:04:10 AM »

I'm in the same boat as everyone else here with my 2010 FLHXSE......and have already installed the Fullsac 2" CVO baffle cores. Very happy with the product & sound of these baffles, but looking for more performance & less heat!! Upon researching I've found that the Jackpot Muffler Co. has designed a 2 1/2 Stainless Steel Header Pipe for our bikes with the correct O2 sensor bungs & is a direct bolt-on replacement with "NO" Cat. Convertor. Available for shipment next month "October", and appears very reasonably priced too. Check this out at jackpotmufflers.com , I for one am awaiting their release next month & will be replacing my stock headpipe with this one from Jackpot Mufflers. Good luck to all, and keep your posts coming. We all want more performance & less heat!
Checked out that website and noticed that Jamie of FuelMoto is the contact person and it appears that this company is an extension of FuelMoto. Many here have used and been satisfied w/the products from Jamie so this might be what you guys have been waiting on. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2009, 07:53:23 AM »

Had a long talk with Steve Cole , from Mastertune, yesterday. He is suggesting a different approach. leave the Cat in and gut the muffler. just a thought.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2009, 09:39:00 AM »

Good Find.......I will be waiting for this one to come out!!

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2009, 09:53:27 AM »

^^^  I'll be watching this one as well.
TIF2

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2009, 11:59:12 AM »

Me too!!!

harleymike77

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2009, 07:54:52 PM »

Add me to the list of watchers as well!  :2vrolijk_09:

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2009, 12:06:45 AM »

Had a long talk with Steve Cole , from Mastertune, yesterday. He is suggesting a different approach. leave the Cat in and gut the muffler. just a thought.

LarryB,

I thought the Cat was in the Header Pipes on he 2010s, are you saying that the mufflers also contain Cats? Or do you mean just change out the Baffles, you know I am old.

Thanks,

geezerglide

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2009, 06:34:54 AM »

LarryB,

I thought the Cat was in the Header Pipes on he 2010s, are you saying that the mufflers also contain Cats? Or do you mean just change out the Baffles, you know I am old.

Thanks,

geezerglide

He means leave the cat and remove or modify the baffles in the mufflers.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2009, 08:08:25 AM »

ya, what he said  :2vrolijk_21:

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2009, 12:32:31 PM »

He means leave the cat and remove or modify the baffles in the mufflers.

mjb75/LaryB,

That is what I thought, on that note. What mufflers are being used. I have a set of Hooker Tuned Mufflers I thought of trying with the stock header, however still have to measure the mating flange size to determine if they will slide on, also the fitment to the mounting under the saddle bags.

If will not fit will have a complete set of Hooker True Dual Tuned Exhaust for sale.

geezerglide

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2009, 01:23:19 PM »

mjb75/LaryB,

That is what I thought, on that note. What mufflers are being used. I have a set of Hooker Tuned Mufflers I thought of trying with the stock header, however still have to measure the mating flange size to determine if they will slide on, also the fitment to the mounting under the saddle bags.

If will not fit will have a complete set of Hooker True Dual Tuned Exhaust for sale.

geezerglide

Just answered my own question. trial fit the Hooker Muffler, muffler too short will not mate up with the mounting brackets under saddle bags. Would require a transition piece apprx. 4 - 5 inches long. Will look at other slip ons for 09 - 10.

geezerglide

harleymike77

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2009, 08:24:45 AM »

Hello, I just recieved a set of Fullsac 2.25" baffles and hope to get them installed in my 2010 SE Glide this weekend. I talked with Steve @ fullsac and he said that I should be able to run these without a reprogram without any problems, So my plan is to get some good sound  and wait until all the vendors get caught up on producing the new headpipe. and maps etc etc.  Then decide on how to complete the entire system.
I will post how this install goes and how these 2.25 baffles sound when done

Hey Hondo.  Have you had a chance to do the install yet?  Curious how easy / difficult it was, and what you think of the sound.  I am considering the 2.0", but would like to hear your thoughts on the 2.25".  Thanks in advance,

Mike

jacksglide

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2009, 08:08:25 AM »

Hey, just talked to my buddy the parts manager at my local H.D. dealership. I asked him if he has heard anything about up and coming systems for our new Glides. During the conversation he cautioned me about removing the cat from the pipes ect. When I asked why he stated this summer a customer took out the crank bearings and when the H.D. rep came out to take a look the first thing he did was pop the side cover. Power Commander, the rep canceled his warrenty on the spot. My buddy said he was looking for something in order to blow this customer out of the water. So, I was told buy a set of pipes from where ever, but keep the stock pipes stock in case something happens and you need warrenty work. He stated had his dealership put the Power Commander on, they would have removed it prior to the zone rep getting there. He said it was as much a shock for them as it was to the customer. Thoughts on this matter?????

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2009, 08:30:28 AM »

Hey, just talked to my buddy the parts manager at my local H.D. dealership. I asked him if he has heard anything about up and coming systems for our new Glides. During the conversation he cautioned me about removing the cat from the pipes ect. When I asked why he stated this summer a customer took out the crank bearings and when the H.D. rep came out to take a look the first thing he did was pop the side cover. Power Commander, the rep canceled his warrenty on the spot. My buddy said he was looking for something in order to blow this customer out of the water. So, I was told buy a set of pipes from where ever, but keep the stock pipes stock in case something happens and you need warrenty work. He stated had his dealership put the Power Commander on, they would have removed it prior to the zone rep getting there. He said it was as much a shock for them as it was to the customer. Thoughts on this matter?????
well, yep, that would do it, should have known to take it off, thats why the Mastertune is good as you can load the original HD settings into the ECM when taking the bike in for warranty work

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2009, 08:55:34 AM »

^^^ +1
TIF2

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010flhxse
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2009, 10:23:04 PM »

Question
Mo co wants you to purchase super tuner to do mods on your engine. The dealer says they can't do any mapping unless you have a tuner.
What happens if your bike is not running right and you have to get a new map for it to run? They must have a way to do this work, correct?
So, it has to be bunk that they cant tune your bike unless "you" purchase a $500 tuning module from them.
Just wondering
TJ
TJ

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2009, 07:11:42 AM »

What happens if your bike is not running right and you have to get a new map for it to run? They must have a way to do this work, correct?

Well ... they wouldn't "tune" it in the sense that they would adjust parameters of the stock ECU, they would just replace the ECU. The stock map has been tuned with all stock induction parts - all parts affecting the combustion process - so unless those parts have been changed, the factory ECU parameters are sound.

If there is a malfunction in one of the parts - injectors, cat gets plugged, etc - then the offending part is replaced such that the factory ECU parameters will work as designed. If a part is modded that affects the amount of air that gets moved through the engine (remember, an internal combustion engine is nothing more than an air pump) then the factory paramaeters are no longer valid as the amount of fuel needs to be changed to overcome a rich or lean condition created by the changed part.

The SERT (and other "tuners") are designed to allow adjustment of parameters for changes in stock parts that affect the combustion process. I don't think any shop can change (nor would they) the stock ECU parameters if the bike is 100% stock, they would just swap the ECU.

My input anyway ....
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 07:42:31 AM by TIF2 »
TIF2

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2009, 08:01:17 AM »

the only way the can void the warranty is by PROVING that the Power commander was the cause of whatever was wrong. the HD Rep will say, Not Covered, and walk away and the customer says ok and take it in the ass. Need to stand up to them

jacksglide

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2009, 08:20:29 AM »

Any one have input on the "Power Commander 5". I was told by the local hot rod shop (Bikes only) that this is a very good investment for our particular needs.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2009, 08:27:31 AM »

Any one have input on the "Power Commander 5". I was told by the local hot rod shop (Bikes only) that this is a very good investment for our particular needs.
Jack, what bike do you have?

jacksglide

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2009, 12:16:39 PM »

2010 cvo Street Glide.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2009, 02:34:56 PM »

it's fair, not much more

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2009, 03:23:29 PM »

LarryB,

Do you remember why steve recommended this?  I'd like to hear more about why.

I can honestly say as many here might agree that I want to improve the condition of the bike along the lines of heat and improved performance, but I want to ensure my warranty is water tight. 

I've been seriously considering the extended warranty offered through the Military sales exchange program, which is 5 years vs. 7, but seems to offer most of the same benefits i.e. tires, tow, hotel, loaner bike, etc.

I plan on using the TTS mastertune which according to a previous post by steve answers "NO" when the HD tuning software asks if its been modified, plus there is the added security of being able to reload the stock ECU map.

Finally it doesn't sound like there is any sure fire way to remove the cat and not have it identifiable other than to replace the pipes and change them back to the stock ones when you have to take the bike in for warranty service.  Perhaps this is a common approach, but what can be done when your on the road and would like to take you bike in to the closest dealer for service and don't have the OEM exhaust to bolt back on?

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2009, 08:34:22 PM »

first off, if you are going to remove the Cat, a more methodical approach would be advised. Don't just cut the head pipe, remove, and reweld. Grind the rear weld on the collection chamber off, then remove the Y from the collection chamber axcessing the Cat, remove and reweld at the old weld point. this way it has the appearance of stock, very clean mod.
But the two things we are trying to achieve are reduce heat, increase performance/noise. if we open the muffler, ie, free flow baffles, we get more air out, that in combo with NO CAT gets more air out, but with ramifications. Loss of back pressure, bad low end, but good top end. Seems most of us really want power at the line, and good umph high up. By leaving the cats in you maintain constant back pressure in both cylinders. do a total baffle remove and install a Dummy end cap, giving the appearance of a baffle. All this with a good TUNE, TTS preferably, you will reduce heat, give more rumble; not alot but throaty still. you'll have performance gains through the tune and getting rid of the baffles, like we did long ago. We are concerned with engine/oil temps but there is also concern with exhaust temps. this helps balance the three. For clarification, these are mods that we constantly fine tune and tweak. HD is for ever trying to change it up and so will we. this conversation with Steve was revolving around a 2010 LTD 103, and I had to figure a Big Sucker stage 1 into the mix.
As far as what HD can read, safest bet would be to always load the original ECM settings when going in for major warrantee work. If your going on a long trip, take a copy with you and a small laptop just in case, if you do that HD will not know you where there, no footprint

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2009, 09:07:35 PM »

Is what your suggesting to the headpipe similar or perhaps exactly the method done by fulsac?

I believe I could do this myself, I just need to make sure I have the procedure clear before I undertake such a task.  I've seen a post from the SEEG guys coring out their cats, so I'll go back and see how it relates to this situation.

Thanks! :2vrolijk_21:

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2009, 09:18:17 PM »

Found a post which makes reference to the coring, but makes me think about my original plan which was to keep the stock pipes stock and go with another part for the header keeping the option to bolt the original back on if needed.  Anyone know if fulsac will produce a catless header for the SESG...  eventually :jack:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=32508.0

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2009, 09:27:22 AM »

Not sure how Fullsac does the removal, I think they just cut at the weldine and reweld. I'm suggesting to remove the weld.

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2009, 12:40:33 PM »

Not sure how Fullsac does the removal, I think they just cut at the weldine and reweld. I'm suggesting to remove the weld.

Larry:

I thought I read in the TTS documentation that the Master Tune product does leave a "footprint" in the ECM. However it still makes sense to be able to reload the stock map if you need major service as you suggested.

I am hoping Steve will find a way to allow comparison of the stock and the modded maps along with a "view"stock factory map feature.

I am hoping (and waiting) to see if the new 2010 Reinhart True Dual header pipes will be announced this week or next with BIKETOBERFEST in progress. The it'll be time for the tuner decision.

Regards

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2009, 03:42:56 PM »

Larry:

I thought I read in the TTS documentation that the Master Tune product does leave a "footprint" in the ECM. However it still makes sense to be able to reload the stock map if you need major service as you suggested.

I am hoping Steve will find a way to allow comparison of the stock and the modded maps along with a "view"stock factory map feature.

I am hoping (and waiting) to see if the new 2010 Reinhart True Dual header pipes will be announced this week or next with BIKETOBERFEST in progress. The it'll be time for the tuner decision.

Regards
true, it does not leave a footprint, but you must reload original settings back in

Preflight

« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2009, 11:54:59 AM »

Do all the 2010 CVO Street Glides have a Cat or is it just certain models designated for California? 

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2009, 12:07:50 PM »

:o :o

All of the 2010 touring bikes from HD and any 2-1-2 systems have a cat (Fat Bob).

:coolblue: :coolblue:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2009, 12:47:16 PM »

Do all the 2010 CVO Street Glides have a Cat or is it just certain models designated for California?  

Unfortunately ALL of the 2010 CVO Street Glides have "Cats". That's what a lot of us are trying to get rid of by either having Steve at Fullsac cut them out of the header pipes or ordering in new header pipes from the aftermarket dealers (not available quite yet though).

« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 02:51:00 PM by CVOStreetglide »

Preflight

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2009, 04:03:14 PM »

Would you know if my 2009 Street Glide has a Cat syatem?
If it does I didn't even know it. It does however sound sweet with the Vance and Hines slip-ons currently on it.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2009, 09:00:47 PM »

Would you know if my 2009 Street Glide has a Cat syatem?
If it does I didn't even know it. It does however sound sweet with the Vance and Hines slip-ons currently on it.

The headers on the 09 non-CVO touring bikes did not have cats in the collector.  For '10 they changed that, now regardless whether you have a 110 or a 96 inch touring bike, there is a cat in the collector.

2012 FLHXSE3

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.312 seconds with 21 queries.