Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Fuel management CVO Street Glide  (Read 16852 times)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: Fuel management CVO Street Glide
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 02:57:42 PM »

I replaced the stock mufflers with Vance and Hines basic slippons (God, I love the sound of those  ;D ) I still have the cat in the collector of the stock headers, but had the bike tuned anyway to bring the AFR down to almost a straight 13.8 across the board.  Heat problems almost non-existant now.   ;)  Only really feel any amount of heat if I sit at a stoplight for any length of time.  But that's happened with every Harley I've ever owned. 

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

2010StreetGlideSE

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 06:56:42 AM »

I'm in the same boat as everyone else here with my 2010 FLHXSE......and have already installed the Fullsac 2" CVO baffle cores. Very happy with the product & sound of these baffles, but looking for more performance & less heat!! Upon researching I've found that the Jackpot Muffler Co. has designed a 2 1/2 Stainless Steel Header Pipe for our bikes with the correct O2 sensor bungs & is a direct bolt-on replacement with "NO" Cat. Convertor. Available for shipment next month "October", and appears very reasonably priced too. Check this out at jackpotmufflers.com , I for one am awaiting their release next month & will be replacing my stock headpipe with this one from Jackpot Mufflers. Good luck to all, and keep your posts coming. We all want more performance & less heat!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 07:04:10 AM »

I'm in the same boat as everyone else here with my 2010 FLHXSE......and have already installed the Fullsac 2" CVO baffle cores. Very happy with the product & sound of these baffles, but looking for more performance & less heat!! Upon researching I've found that the Jackpot Muffler Co. has designed a 2 1/2 Stainless Steel Header Pipe for our bikes with the correct O2 sensor bungs & is a direct bolt-on replacement with "NO" Cat. Convertor. Available for shipment next month "October", and appears very reasonably priced too. Check this out at jackpotmufflers.com , I for one am awaiting their release next month & will be replacing my stock headpipe with this one from Jackpot Mufflers. Good luck to all, and keep your posts coming. We all want more performance & less heat!
Checked out that website and noticed that Jamie of FuelMoto is the contact person and it appears that this company is an extension of FuelMoto. Many here have used and been satisfied w/the products from Jamie so this might be what you guys have been waiting on. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2009, 07:53:23 AM »

Had a long talk with Steve Cole , from Mastertune, yesterday. He is suggesting a different approach. leave the Cat in and gut the muffler. just a thought.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2009, 09:39:00 AM »

Good Find.......I will be waiting for this one to come out!!

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2009, 09:53:27 AM »

^^^  I'll be watching this one as well.
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2009, 11:59:12 AM »

Me too!!!

harleymike77

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2009, 07:54:52 PM »

Add me to the list of watchers as well!  :2vrolijk_09:

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2009, 12:06:45 AM »

Had a long talk with Steve Cole , from Mastertune, yesterday. He is suggesting a different approach. leave the Cat in and gut the muffler. just a thought.

LarryB,

I thought the Cat was in the Header Pipes on he 2010s, are you saying that the mufflers also contain Cats? Or do you mean just change out the Baffles, you know I am old.

Thanks,

geezerglide

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2009, 06:34:54 AM »

LarryB,

I thought the Cat was in the Header Pipes on he 2010s, are you saying that the mufflers also contain Cats? Or do you mean just change out the Baffles, you know I am old.

Thanks,

geezerglide

He means leave the cat and remove or modify the baffles in the mufflers.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2009, 08:08:25 AM »

ya, what he said  :2vrolijk_21:
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2009, 12:32:31 PM »

He means leave the cat and remove or modify the baffles in the mufflers.

mjb75/LaryB,

That is what I thought, on that note. What mufflers are being used. I have a set of Hooker Tuned Mufflers I thought of trying with the stock header, however still have to measure the mating flange size to determine if they will slide on, also the fitment to the mounting under the saddle bags.

If will not fit will have a complete set of Hooker True Dual Tuned Exhaust for sale.

geezerglide

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2009, 01:23:19 PM »

mjb75/LaryB,

That is what I thought, on that note. What mufflers are being used. I have a set of Hooker Tuned Mufflers I thought of trying with the stock header, however still have to measure the mating flange size to determine if they will slide on, also the fitment to the mounting under the saddle bags.

If will not fit will have a complete set of Hooker True Dual Tuned Exhaust for sale.

geezerglide

Just answered my own question. trial fit the Hooker Muffler, muffler too short will not mate up with the mounting brackets under saddle bags. Would require a transition piece apprx. 4 - 5 inches long. Will look at other slip ons for 09 - 10.

geezerglide

harleymike77

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2009, 08:24:45 AM »

Hello, I just recieved a set of Fullsac 2.25" baffles and hope to get them installed in my 2010 SE Glide this weekend. I talked with Steve @ fullsac and he said that I should be able to run these without a reprogram without any problems, So my plan is to get some good sound  and wait until all the vendors get caught up on producing the new headpipe. and maps etc etc.  Then decide on how to complete the entire system.
I will post how this install goes and how these 2.25 baffles sound when done

Hey Hondo.  Have you had a chance to do the install yet?  Curious how easy / difficult it was, and what you think of the sound.  I am considering the 2.0", but would like to hear your thoughts on the 2.25".  Thanks in advance,

Mike

jacksglide

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2009, 08:08:25 AM »

Hey, just talked to my buddy the parts manager at my local H.D. dealership. I asked him if he has heard anything about up and coming systems for our new Glides. During the conversation he cautioned me about removing the cat from the pipes ect. When I asked why he stated this summer a customer took out the crank bearings and when the H.D. rep came out to take a look the first thing he did was pop the side cover. Power Commander, the rep canceled his warrenty on the spot. My buddy said he was looking for something in order to blow this customer out of the water. So, I was told buy a set of pipes from where ever, but keep the stock pipes stock in case something happens and you need warrenty work. He stated had his dealership put the Power Commander on, they would have removed it prior to the zone rep getting there. He said it was as much a shock for them as it was to the customer. Thoughts on this matter?????
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.