Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: anyone have a spiced rum in SF Bay Area?  (Read 2060 times)

daleleo

anyone have a spiced rum in SF Bay Area?
« on: October 13, 2009, 01:23:26 PM »

Hi

I have placed a deposit on a CVO Street Glide, am looking to finalize on the color, and have two questions.

1) While there are a lot of pictures out there, Id like to see a Rum version in person.  Does anyone on this thread happen to live in the Bay Area?  Id be glad to meet you and buy you a coffee so I can see the bike in real life.

2) Generally, if someone were to describe the bike, what color so you think they would pick?  Would they say it’s  purple? Maroon? Brown?

Thanks

Dale

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: anyone have a spiced rum in SF Bay Area?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 02:07:43 PM »

A lot of members here from the bay area and Nor Cal and we get together and ride, a lot. :2vrolijk_21:  To my knowledge, none of the members of the Nor Cal group have a spiced rum.  We have seen one, though.  The first one was at Eagles Nest in Lathrop and it set there a long time before they finally sold it, so a lot of us got to see it.

I'd say it's more brown than any other color.  It's a nice looking bike.  Different people have different preferences in color so go with what you like.  I sent out an email to about six or seven dealerships in Nor Cal just asking two or three questions (do you have a 2010 Screamin Eagle Street Glide that isn't spoken for?  What color?  Do you sell at MSRP?).  That's how I found the three that I listed in 3rd party selling board.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 11:16:07 PM »

Hi

I have placed a deposit on a CVO Street Glide, am looking to finalize on the color, and have two questions.

1) While there are a lot of pictures out there, Id like to see a Rum version in person.  Does anyone on this thread happen to live in the Bay Area?  Id be glad to meet you and buy you a coffee so I can see the bike in real life.

2) Generally, if someone were to describe the bike, what color so you think they would pick?  Would they say it’s  purple? Maroon? Brown?

Thanks

Dale

Dale,
I have a Spiced Rum and if you go to this thread,  My New Baby , you see pics of my Spiced Rum out in the sun and you'll see depending on how the sun hits it, it looks everything you said.  The basecoat of the Spiced Rum is Metalic Purple, so you're right on the purple too.   :2vrolijk_21:  I personally love the color, and unabashedly think it's the best color of the three.   ::)

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

amarzano

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 01:49:16 PM »

Devil -

I'm in the same boat as Dale.  I *thought* I wanted a Tequila - till I saw it.  A bit too wild for even me! :-)

I have an '08 Streetglide in Sun-Glo (a color I LOVE!)- from the photos, the Spiced Rum seems similar.  I have heard it's Brown / Rootbeer, but it looks like a dark Burgundy in the photos to me.

Is that correct?  Thank you again - it's so hard to judge a color from the photos and I really appreciate your response and help..

Alex

Dale,
I have a Spiced Rum and if you go to this thread,  My New Baby , you see pics of my Spiced Rum out in the sun and you'll see depending on how the sun hits it, it looks everything you said.  The basecoat of the Spiced Rum is Metallic Purple, so you're right on the purple too.   :2vrolijk_21:  I personally love the color, and unabashedly think it's the best color of the three.   ::)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 10:43:34 PM »

Devil -

I'm in the same boat as Dale.  I *thought* I wanted a Tequila - till I saw it.  A bit too wild for even me! :-)

I have an '08 Streetglide in Sun-Glo (a color I LOVE!)- from the photos, the Spiced Rum seems similar.  I have heard it's Brown / Rootbeer, but it looks like a dark Burgundy in the photos to me.

Is that correct?  Thank you again - it's so hard to judge a color from the photos and I really appreciate your response and help..

Alex

Alex,
It is, depending on how the light hits it, a burgandy for the most part, but will also take on a "rum" brown appearance too.  And with the Yellow Gold leafing it really sets off nicely....

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Page created in 0.488 seconds with 21 queries.