Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 2010 SESG Shocks  (Read 4652 times)

Weasels

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
2010 SESG Shocks
« on: October 18, 2009, 11:44:42 PM »

What's everyone think of the new shocks on your SESG.

h8rain

• You can't buy fast, I've tried...
Re: 2010 SESG Shocks
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 03:06:55 AM »

Rode roughly 500 miles this weekend on varied terrain, highway, country roads, river roads (curves), etc.  Was very pleased with the shocks as compared to my '08 FLHX. 

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 08:14:53 AM »

Haven't picked mine up yet but hear nothing but good things about them from other riders.  I'll throw my thoughts out there once I take delivery.
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 08:21:37 AM »

I like them.  The owner's manual is spot on for the adjustments to set the pre-load.  They can be a little bone-jarring on some over-sized road bumps, but other than that, they ride great.  I prefer them over the air shocks I had on the 08 SG and the ones on my 07 SEUC.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Trey767

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 08:30:32 AM »

I'm thinking of putting them on my 09 ultra to replace the air shocks. Is there a procedure to adjust them? and do the procedure come with the shocks? or do I have to buy the 2110 FLHXSE service manual?

For those who have experienced the joy, no explanation is necessary; for those who have not, no explanation is possible.

Hogtunes Front/Rear speakers
Fullsac 2.5 cores
J&M 250 Amp
Hawg Wired 6.5 lowers
Ride Time LED lights
Dakota digital dash gauges
Saddlebag extensions
Clearview windshield/vent
BigSky oil cooler fan
HD rear Envelope LED's
Zumo 665

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 09:05:41 AM »

I'm thinking of putting them on my 09 ultra to replace the air shocks. Is there a procedure to adjust them? and do the procedure come with the shocks? or do I have to buy the 2110 FLHXSE service manual

There's an adjustment knob on the left side shock.  You have to unlatch the left bag and let it lean out against your leg to adjust it.  If you decide to put them on your SEUC, send me a PM and I'll copy the adjustment table out of my owner's manual and send it to you.   

2012 FLHXSE3

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 09:49:33 AM »

I'm not sure if it's due to the new frame style, the new shock style, the new back wheel and size or a combination of all the above.  But this is the best handling HD I've ever had!
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

MOBlue

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 10:00:20 AM »

Depends on what you're trying to accomplish. If it's ride quality (comfort) don't change the ones you have now, but if you're trying to lower it and improve handling through the curves, these shocks are better than any the MOCO has delivered on their bikes to date.

Trey767

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 11:08:55 AM »

There's an adjustment knob on the left side shock.  You have to unlatch the left bag and let it lean out against your leg to adjust it.  If you decide to put them on your SEUC, send me a PM and I'll copy the adjustment table out of my owner's manual and send it to you.   

Thanks I'm going to put my order in the end of this week for them

For those who have experienced the joy, no explanation is necessary; for those who have not, no explanation is possible.

Fullsac 2.5 cores
J&M 250 Amp
Hawg Wired 6.5 lowers
Ride Time LED lights
Saddlebag extensions
BigSky oil cooler fan
HD rear Envelope LED's
Zumo 665

Trey767

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 11:09:39 AM »

Depends on what you're trying to accomplish. If it's ride quality (comfort) don't change the ones you have now, but if you're trying to lower it and improve handling through the curves, these shocks are better than any the MOCO has delivered on their bikes to date.
would know how much lower? I thought they were 12"

Fullsac 2.5 cores
J&M 250 Amp
Hawg Wired 6.5 lowers
Ride Time LED lights
Saddlebag extensions
BigSky oil cooler fan
HD rear Envelope LED's
Zumo 665

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 12:20:01 PM »

Is it just me or does it seem a little odd that only one shock can be adjusted? What's the logic behind this?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 07:43:07 PM »

Is it just me or does it seem a little odd that only one shock can be adjusted? What's the logic behind this?
The million dollar question. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

MOBlue

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 08:32:33 PM »

Yes, they are 12" shocks.

Snowrdr

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 08:42:19 PM »

That is such a great question that I had to go out and take my saddle bag off. I was looking for some sort of Hydraulic link line between the 2 shocks and came up empty. The thought that I have is the preload is set by the spring tension and the rebound is taken care of by the adjustment knob. Because that one shock has the adjustment on it it may have a much higher compression and needle setting then the other shock and is doing 80% of the work while the other shock is there for assistance? :-\ If you look at the brake side of the bike, it is one big coil spring then on the shifter side it is some sort of damper on top of the spring. I just cannot figure out why you would only adjust spring tension on one side and not the other. At least in snowmobiles that would be a major disaster in set up.  I am most likely talking completely out of my A++ but thats the logic I have come up with.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 09:28:35 PM »

That is such a great question that I had to go out and take my saddle bag off. I was looking for some sort of Hydraulic link line between the 2 shocks and came up empty. The thought that I have is the preload is set by the spring tension and the rebound is taken care of by the adjustment knob. Because that one shock has the adjustment on it it may have a much higher compression and needle setting then the other shock and is doing 80% of the work while the other shock is there for assistance? :-\ If you look at the brake side of the bike, it is one big coil spring then on the shifter side it is some sort of damper on top of the spring. I just cannot figure out why you would only adjust spring tension on one side and not the other. At least in snowmobiles that would be a major disaster in set up.  I am most likely talking completely out of my A++ but thats the logic I have come up with.

Here's the answer to your question:   The left shock is for damping and the right shock is for rebound.  At least that's what I read in one of the many test ride articles out there.

2012 FLHXSE3

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 21 queries.