Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Why don't FatShotz 2-Into-2 Slip-On Mufflers work on the FLHXSE?  (Read 5462 times)

CVOBros2

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE SESG Tequila Sunrise

Why don't FatShotz 2-Into-2 Slip-On Mufflers work on the FLHXSE?

Does it have something to do with the bags?  Hmmm???

I heard the "Nightstick" single on a 2010 FLHX at my dealer and I thought it sounded good and like the looks of it.

I would like two of these on my FLHXSE but it says they won't work.  This sucks.

Maybe they will work they just are too loud with the 110 or something for standards???

If so I would order them today.  Anyone know anything about this?

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Why don't FatShotz 2-Into-2 Slip-On Mufflers work on the FLHXSE?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 02:08:06 PM »

Nothing to do with fitment ,the Fatshotz will fit perfectly they will not however meet EPA specifications on the 110,s that is why the Catalogue is so worded.

newdep

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 02:23:47 PM »

Nothing to do with fitment ,the Fatshotz will fit perfectly they will not however meet EPA specifications on the 110,s that is why the Catalogue is so worded.

Exactly..... they tried telling me the same thing on the SE slip ons I put on my ConV. I wanted the 49 state legal slip ons and they are not listed for the 2010 models as they don't have the cat in them.

I bought them anyway they fit perfect and sound great on the 110" motor. I had the same ones on my Heritage and did not sound nearly as good, the larger cubic displacement make them deeper and louder.

Hope this helps.

CVOBros2

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 03:13:08 PM »

That's what I was thinking.  Thanks for the info.  I am wanting something deeper, louder, and that has the "Harley" sound but not obnoxious or anything and still sounds good while cruising but I'll still be able to hear the radio.

Thanks again  :2vrolijk_21:

hhsignsupply

• CVO1: 2010 Tequila Sunrise SESG
    • H&H Sign Supply
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 09:45:59 AM »

You may want to check out the fullsac baffles before you decide.  If you would like to check them out, I am not very far from So Illinois.  I actually purchased my bike at Black Diamond in Marion, Illinois which is just a little over an hour drive from here.

CVOBros2

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 11:02:13 AM »

You may want to check out the fullsac baffles before you decide.  If you would like to check them out, I am not very far from So Illinois.  I actually purchased my bike at Black Diamond in Marion, Illinois which is just a little over an hour drive from here.

Black Diamond is actually my dealership.   :2vrolijk_21:  I have been friends with the owners(Shad and Rodney) since we were all in high school.  I live about 25 miles north of the dealership in Marion.  My profile pic was taken the day I got my SESG in Black Diamond's parking lot infront of their sign.  Never heard of fullsac baffles.  I like the Fatshotz because they sound good and I like the looks if they will fit right in the holes in the dropped bags on my SESG.  
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 11:06:33 AM by CVOBros2 »

hhsignsupply

• CVO1: 2010 Tequila Sunrise SESG
    • H&H Sign Supply
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 11:42:16 AM »

I thought that looked like the Black Diamond parking lot.  I bought my bike from Shad's brother, Zach.  Here is some info on the fullsac baffles.  http://www.fullsac.com/cvo-muffler-cores.html 

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 04:43:27 PM »

Black Diamond is actually my dealership.   :2vrolijk_21:  I have been friends with the owners(Shad and Rodney) since we were all in high school.  I live about 25 miles north of the dealership in Marion.  My profile pic was taken the day I got my SESG in Black Diamond's parking lot infront of their sign.  Never heard of fullsac baffles.  I like the Fatshotz because they sound good and I like the looks if they will fit right in the holes in the dropped bags on my SESG.  
Fullsac baffles give you the same result for about 1/4 of the price, you already have quality mufflers that fit the holes perfectly.

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 06:25:53 PM »

If I am not mistaken the HD Fatshots do meet EPA specifications. Also Supertrapp who makes these slip on for HD have their own Fatshotz with a Z and also meet EPA regs. (check on their website) and in my opinion is a better manufactured product than the one they supply HD, also you can add or subtract the discs as required. They will also sell you more discs if needed. HD has tried to make their Fatshots tamper proof.

Unless the rear mounting under the bag is different than my 2010 ULTRA Limited these slip ons should fit, as I have mounted the Supertrapp Fatshotz on my 2010 Limited with no problems, as I mentioned earlier I can not see any difference with the mounting set up as they are both FL framed bikes.

Here is a pic with the Supertrapp Fatshotz on my Limited.

geezerglide

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 08:43:52 PM »

If I am not mistaken the HD Fatshots do meet EPA specifications. Also Supertrapp who makes these slip on for HD have their own Fatshotz with a Z and also meet EPA regs. (check on their website) and in my opinion is a better manufactured product than the one they supply HD, also you can add or subtract the discs as required.

Here is a pic with the Supertrapp Fatshotz on my Limited.

geezerglide
They are approved for 96 CU in bikes not for the larger engines

Screamin' Eagle® FatShotz 2-Into-2 Slip-On Mufflers

Provide a performance and style boost to your 2-into-2 exhaust-equipped Touring motorcycle. Designed for easy installation on the Original Equipment header pipes and muffler hangers, these mirror-chrome flared mufflers are tuned to maximize air flow while keeping the rich exhaust note within the legal limits. EPA stamped, these mufflers are 50-state street-legal on stock displacement engines.

80847-10

Fits 50-state '09-later Touring and Trike models with dual exhaust (except FLHTCUSE, FLTRSE, FLHXSE and '10 FLHX and FLTRX). Installation requires separate purchase of Muffler Clamps P/N 65296-95A (Qty. 2).

MSRP US $429.95

Lucky88

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG Kryptonite/Black Diamond
    • CVO3: 2011.5 SEUC Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 12:03:17 PM »

I thought that looked like the Black Diamond parking lot.  I bought my bike from Shad's brother, Zach.  Here is some info on the fullsac baffles.  http://www.fullsac.com/cvo-muffler-cores.html 

I had no idea our baffles could be replace, and not expensive. Looks I am going this route first. Thanks for the info!  :orange: :mango: :bananarock:
2004 Honda RVT1000-(RC51) still in crate
2004 BMW K1200RS - Go anywhere bike
2006 BMW GS Adventure special edition -still in crate
2009 BMW HP2 Sport  #1-w/ABS- still in crate
2010 CVO SESG- Spiced Rum- wants to come out to play
2011 BMW HP2 Sport - Waiting for a Motorsport Edition-wishful thinking
2011 CVO SESG- Kryptonite- Finally arrived 2-21-11
2011.5 CVO Ultra Classic- Blue or Red? ...BLUE! arrived 3-28-11

Page created in 0.401 seconds with 21 queries.