Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FLHXSE'10 + Wheeldock EZ-up stand  (Read 881 times)

Widows Son

• No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child - Shriners of America
  • Full CVO Member
  • narasimhalu.smugmug.com

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
    • Sanjay Narasimhalu Photography
FLHXSE'10 + Wheeldock EZ-up stand
« on: August 04, 2012, 05:00:42 PM »

Just installed the Wheeldock EZ-up. I did call them up and told them what bike I had. the sent me the "L" model which is the lowered model. Installed it and tried it with the following results:

- Seems "wobbly" in that sometimes only one foot touches the ground rather than both.
- In some cases it isn't hard for the bike to roll back indefinitely in neutral - what I mean is on a slight grade (my garage) it can continue to roll backwards down the slope with the stand down while its in contact with just one side
- other times on different part of my concrete driveway it does make 3 point contact (both feet + rear tire). So, the above 2 bullets are very dependent on the levelness of the ground.

My concern is that the gap to ground when it does make only 2-point contact (i.e. one foot and the rear tire) of the foot that is not touching the ground is very slight. Is it supposed to be this sensitive to levelness? I see how this thing works where the stand+rear tire make a 3 point contact. The set-up doesn't lift the back tire off at all. Is this normal. It almost looks like if I had 1/8" more it my do the trick. Too much and it become heavy to lever into place (i.e. like putting it on a plank to allow freewheeling the rear wheel for cleaning). Most of the time it's like one of the 2 feet is acting as a kickstand with a very slight lean. I can put my whole 270lbs on the floorboard on one side of the bike and it does not tip, but still, it seems wobbly because the other side isn't touching. If I drop my rear tire pressure from 40lbs, to less would that work? That doesn't help my tire...

I'll call Wheel dock Monday and seek feedback.

Wild 1 Chubby WO575
C&C seat
Dynojet Power Vision
Jackpot 2-1-2 header
V&H Hi-Output
J&M 250W amp + 7.25" Speakers
Chrome Agitators
Harley Goodies floorboard extensions
Wheeldock EZ-up centerstand
Klock Werks 8.5"
Boogey Lights - 126 LEDs
3M Armor
Kury LED Headlight
Brukus saddlebag & seat hardware
Gizmos: GoPro HD, SPOT

Widows Son

• No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child - Shriners of America
  • Full CVO Member
  • narasimhalu.smugmug.com

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
    • Sanjay Narasimhalu Photography
Re: FLHXSE'10 + Wheeldock EZ-up stand
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 10:45:30 AM »

Called Rod at Wheeldock and it's all sorted: I should have got a "L-double foot" which is the L/lowered version with an additional 1/4" added to the legs. He apologized and is shipping it ASAP with a return label.

So, for any one who is installing an EZ-up stand on a '10 SESG with the stock sized 18" wheels, 11-3/4" rear shocks, and stock front end length: Get the Model #CS-09-L Center Stand "DOUBLE FOOT" and not just the CS-09-L

I will admit that even when it was on one foot, I was impressed I can place my entire weight and body on one floorboard and it didn't tip. That is very handy if the Missus wants to step on the back before I get on! So I can't wait to get the new stand.

Wild 1 Chubby WO575
C&C seat
Dynojet Power Vision
Jackpot 2-1-2 header
V&H Hi-Output
J&M 250W amp + 7.25" Speakers
Chrome Agitators
Harley Goodies floorboard extensions
Wheeldock EZ-up centerstand
Klock Werks 8.5"
Boogey Lights - 126 LEDs
3M Armor
Kury LED Headlight
Brukus saddlebag & seat hardware
Gizmos: GoPro HD, SPOT

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
Re: FLHXSE'10 + Wheeldock EZ-up stand
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 09:32:18 PM »

geez.. wouldnt it be easier to take to weld shop and tack on the 1/4" tab on the bottom .. if you was in my area .. I'd do it for nothin ..

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 21 queries.