Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Author Topic: All members but D00d---- Look in here Please!  (Read 16364 times)

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
Re: All members but D00d---- Look in here Please!
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2007, 02:27:17 PM »

Yea don, thanks for doing this. Just sent the paypal thing, let me know if I didn't do it right.

Mark Z

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2007, 01:38:44 PM »

Great initiative Don.  Paypal sent.  
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2007, 11:07:38 AM »

Don, looks like the usual great response for a Bro that's laid up.

Thanks for getting this going and for your efforts getting the stuff together.

I know Gary will certainly appreciate the groups care package. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2007, 11:22:12 AM »

Don, looks like the usual great response for a Bro that's laid up.

Thanks for getting this going and for your efforts getting the stuff together.

I know Gary will certainly appreciate the groups care package. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

I've not even looked at the total lately Rog.  It may not have reached chrome starter levels but I'm sure it got to a pretty good percentage of it.  Having spoken with D00d night before last and hearing that, even with impending surgery, one of the foremost things on his mind is still the scooter I'm thinking we'll dispense with much silliness or weirdness in a get well gift and simply do a gift certificate at his local dealership.  

He's fortunate in having a local shop he likes and trusts and that has always done him a good job.  So as soon as he's up and around his PT can include walking laps around the dealership figuring what to spend the gift card on.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2007, 11:58:57 AM »

Sounds good to me, the silliness meter runs pretty high with him as a target on a regular basis.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 11:59:54 AM by Rjob749 »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2007, 01:11:03 PM »

I've not even looked at the total lately Rog.  It may not have reached chrome starter levels but I'm sure it got to a pretty good percentage of it.  Having spoken with D00d night before last and hearing that, even with impending surgery, one of the foremost things on his mind is still the scooter I'm thinking we'll dispense with much silliness or weirdness in a get well gift and simply [highlight]do a gift certificate at his local dealership[/highlight].  

He's fortunate in having a local shop he likes and trusts and that has always done him a good job.  So as soon as he's up and around his PT can include walking laps around the dealership figuring what to spend the gift card on.

I think that's a great idea, too! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  Thanks, Don!

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2007, 05:28:17 PM »

Sounds like a winner!!!

Thanks Don.
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2007, 05:39:52 PM »

I'm all for a gift card at his dealer however, I personally get most of my goodies from a 20% off dealer plus saving on no sales tax. Getting more bang for the buck! I have no problem with giving d00d a check and he can choose what ever he wants to do with it. Don what ever you decide it will be right and I appreciate you taking charge, as usual!!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Thanks Buddy!

JR [smiley=bananarock.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2007, 07:46:49 PM »

I'm all for a gift card at his dealer however, I personally get most of my goodies from a 20% off dealer plus saving on no sales tax. Getting more bang for the buck! I have no problem with giving d00d a check and he can choose what ever he wants to do with it. Don what ever you decide it will be right and I appreciate you taking charge, as usual!!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Thanks Buddy!

JR [smiley=bananarock.gif]

Thought about that also JR.  Works either way.  Gary actually likes his dealership and has gotten a fair bit of his bits there.  So it works out either way.  I'm just glad he's still got a few ideas ahead of him for the bike so he can put it to a happy use.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2007, 12:26:37 AM »

Thought about that also JR.  Works either way.  Gary actually likes his dealership and has gotten a fair bit of his bits there.  So it works out either way.  [highlight]I'm just glad he's still got a few ideas ahead of him for the bike so he can put it to a happy use[/highlight].

That brought a smile to my face! I don't know how many times I said "That's It"....Then I see something else...It's never ending isn't it? [smiley=nixweiss.gif] ;D

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2007, 01:58:21 PM »

Yippie I finally get to look in here!!!!!!

Sorry it has taken me so long to acknowledge this act of kindness, but there was a mix up at the dealer and the gift certificate hadn't been sent out. Don (TwoLane) contacted the dealer today and got it all straight and it went in the mail today. I would like to thank everyone for your thoughts, calls, prayers, and contribution to the gift certificate. I can honestly say I don't believe there is any other group like this, and I'm damn proud to be a part of it. :2vrolijk_21:

Update on my rehab/recovery - I'm doing extremely well, gaining strength and flexibility back daily. I have physical therapy twice a week, and exercise at home twice a day. When I was discharged from the hospital I had to use a walker to get around and that lasted about a week. I then used crutches for another week, and finally I'm up to just using a cane. Today when I was at PT he had me walk w/o the cane and suggested if I felt comfortable w/o using it that I should use it less, and less. I'm real thankful for the pace that I'm progressing, and look forward to being in the wind when weather permits. I actually have sat on the bike since I've been doing PT just to see how it would feel to raise my left leg from ground to floorboard. I was able to do this by just using muscles in my leg, which couldn't be done before surgery. There was so much pain and discomfort using the muscles and putting pressure on the hip joint before that I was using my hand to lift my leg up. When riding the bike I wouldn't put my left leg down at stops, and was using only my right leg to hold me and the bike up which wasn't good. :nervous:

My first session at PT we discussed my goals pertaining to doing the PT, and the first thing that came out of my mouth was riding my bike again by late spring/early summer. Therapist feels that this should be easily accomplished, and each session he constantly comments on how much I've progressed. Putting in the time doing the therapy, and exercises at home have definitely paid off.

It's amazing how there is no pain at all in the joint like it was before. I'll tell anybody that is suffering from arthritis and their doctor has suggested this procedure it's definitely worth it. I could feel the immediate relief after surgery as far as the joint pain I had. There was some discomfort because of the incisions, and muscle tissue that had to be disturbed to get the new joint in, but all the deep joint pain was gone. I had the surgery on Monday, was up walking on Tuesday, climbing steps on Wednesday, and went home on Thursday. By the Saturday after surgery I had stopped taking all the pain meds, and the Thursday before Super Bowl I coaxed the Surgeon to take me off Coumadin (blood thinner). I explained to him that it was Super Bowl weekend and it would be hard to watch the game and not have "adult beverages". ;) He told me with the way I was getting around, and being active that the risk of blood clots were minimal and I could stop taking the Coumadin. So I'm now med free from surgery and able to drive myself around, and do all the things that we take for granted (dressing, showering, etc).

Again thanks for your thoughts, prayers, calls, and acts of kindness. Those of you that know me know this gift certificate will be put to something "shiny". OCD/SEO Rules!!!!!

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

GasRat

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2007, 02:41:52 PM »

d00d,

It's great to hear that your doing so well, I'm glad that everything seems to be going so smooth with the PT & healing process. I'm sure you'll be back in the saddle before you know it. Also, this thread is the perfect example of what truly makes this site such a special place! Although many of us have never met, you can't help but feel like you know each other, and seems that whatever the problem, you can almost be assured that people here will be able to help in some way or another! Hope everything continues to go great for you with the recovery. :beerchug:
Better to remain quiet and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

CVOHarley Member #2390

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2007, 03:09:56 PM »

That's a great report.  Thanks for taking the time to share it all Gary.

Curious about something and I'm not even sure I know how to construct the question.  It's not just a "how does it feel" inquiry as obviously you're feeling a lot better.  But is it as good as "new."  Really curious how it compares to an uninjured state?  Can you even remember for sure what it felt like back in the day well enough to make a comparison?  No matter what the comparisons might be just so glad you're feeling so good right now though.  That's the most important thing.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2007, 03:37:31 PM »

That's a great report.  Thanks for taking the time to share it all Gary.

Curious about something and I'm not even sure I know how to construct the question.  It's not just a "how does it feel" inquiry as obviously you're feeling a lot better.  But is it as good as "new."  Really curious how it compares to an uninjured state?  Can you even remember for sure what it felt like back in the day well enough to make a comparison?  No matter what the comparisons might be just so glad you're feeling so good right now though.  That's the most important thing.
Now you know me, and I've just got some stealth "High Carbon Cast Colbalt CHROME" (see this link for details on new joint Metal on Metal) so of course it's going to feel good as new. ;) Seriously it feels just as good as the uninjured hip. I'm only lacking in strength and flexibility because the joint had deteriorate so much and I hadn't been using the surrounding muscles. It was amazing when I started PT how just the minor things we never think about were lost. For instance just squeezing your butt cheeks together (glut squeezes). On the side with the bad hip there was a definite lack of muscle tone/control because they weren't being used. I had first noticed this condition probably in late 2003/early 2004, and it had progressed to the point that I was in pain everyday, and was using my hand to lift my leg in/out of bed, car, etc. The X-Ray they took just before surgery the ball on top of the femur looked like a cone or bullet with bone spurs, and cysts. The socket in the pelvis had deteriorate to fit around the cone shape of what should have been the ball. There was no space (cartilage) left between the ball and socket. :(

You're right the most important thing, and the one I'm most grateful for is I'm not in pain any longer. There are certain things that I will be limited in doing to preserve the joint, but these things I haven't done in awhile anyway. I'll not be able to do high impact activities... running/jogging, playing basketball, any other high impact sports that would cause pounding/twisting of the new joint. I have to be careful of heavy lifting (they recommend not lifting anything over 50lbs). These are the things that may limit my ability to go back to firefighting. There are occasions that running is expected (it's not lengthy running, but still could have impact), heavy lifting (lifting patients on EMS calls, and putting on all the turn out gear and crawling around in a burning building). Because of the potential to re-injure the joint when I told the surgeon I was a firefighter his next question was "when can you retire?" So for now I'm just going to keep doing what the PT tells me, and work is the farthest thing from my mind. I've got enough sick time to take me to retirement and if that's what happens it's just a benefit I get to use. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2007, 05:11:02 PM »

Get something really shinny  :2vrolijk_21:

jeffj
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 21 queries.