Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10  All

Author Topic: San Diego gas prices....  (Read 32021 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: San Diego gas prices....
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2015, 07:33:11 PM »

Just hope you don't pass by tomorrow and the premium is $3.25.  That's the kind of thing we experience.  :o
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2015, 08:01:52 PM »

Saw something on the groove tube the other day about this. Oil companies are complaining that they don't have enough refineries to handle the load.
Then they went on to say that California oil companies are exporting gasoline to South America. So yeah, it's price fixing plain and simple if the news cast is accurate.

Kommifornia, no offense to those who ain't like that.
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2015, 08:20:08 PM »

Saw something on the groove tube the other day about this. Oil companies are complaining that they don't have enough refineries to handle the load.
Then they went on to say that California oil companies are exporting gasoline to South America. So yeah, it's price fixing plain and simple if the news cast is accurate.

Kommifornia, no offense to those who ain't like that.

Yes, the entire story about not enough refineries is hogwash.  I remember a story from last year where the biggest export item from this country was refined petroleum products, and we still export large amounts of refined petroleum products every month. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2015, 08:43:05 PM »

:-\
There has not been a complex refinery built in the USA since the '70's..........Several have been added since,  but not with the capacity of those back in the '70's.......  ( with one noted exception.........Capacity has also been added to existing refineries through upgrades or new construction. The most recent examples are:
• In 2012, Motiva upgraded its refinery in Port Arthur, Texas, making it the largest refinery in the United States with a capacity of 603,000 b/cd as of January 1, 2015.)

http://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.cfm?id=29&t=6
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 08:46:16 PM by moscooter »

Supershooter

• Elite CVO Member
  • First Ride 03 FXDWG

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-sold
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2015, 11:17:33 PM »

It's just business, everyone is doing what they can to make a buck, as long as it's not illegal you'd do the same in your business and if you wouldn't you want be in business long . It looks convoluted from the outside but everyone is just trying to get ahead.
Supershooter

ultrarider123

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2015, 07:29:35 AM »

Today in Knoxville, unleaded regular was $2.14, premium was $2.56, of course i had almost a full tank when passing thru

gas prices aside....Jim, you came through K'ville and didn't give me a shout?  Shame, shame..... ;D :huepfenjump3:

ultrarider123

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2015, 07:38:43 AM »

We're in and have been in the low to mid $2 range for fuel for quite a while now.  I paid $2.34 Saturday filling up Tank on regular.  Premium (93 octane) runs from $2.79 for 10% blended or $2.89 to $3 for 100% depending on where you purchase.  I use the 100% premium in the bimmer, cooper and Ginger.

JC, may I suggest this quote from that great philosopher John "Bluto" Blutarsky "My advice to you is to start drinking heavily" because fuel prices are just going up, up, up and we keep using it.  Me?  I'm waiting for the Hydrogen powered rides and see how much water prices go up..... :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: ;D

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2015, 08:33:11 AM »

You have a point Haird.  Kind of like the Harley thing.....prices just keep going up and we keep paying them.  :nervous:

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2015, 10:51:50 PM »

The cost of living the good life Lou.   :P

Your right there my friend. I watch 70-90 mph family boats do their $100+ laps around the lake all day.  8)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2015, 11:50:01 AM »

More fun reading for the entire family - updated.

http://www.eia.gov/petroleum/gasdiesel/
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2015, 12:08:16 PM »

Notice it says "West Coast Less California"  :nervous:

On the up side.....diesel at the Chevron down the street has dropped to $2.87.   :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2015, 12:12:25 PM »

Missed this the first time, but that .75 swing is percentage wise in line with what happens here in rural central Pennsylvania.  We went from 2.39 a gallon to 2.79 a gallon in a few days.  It still hasn't come all the way back down (2.59 yesterday).   Gas stations aren't making much, that's why they all have become mega fat making stores of indulgence.  The gas gets you in, the profit comes on the chow.  A former employee at our local Exxon said they're making only between .04 and .12 per gallon.  So they do jack the prices before they get their resupply to cover the cost increase when they buy.  They never lower ahead of time.  Sometimes because a competing station gets their resupply on a different schedule they have to lower their prices and are actually loosing money on the gas.  So IF you believe them, its a wash in the end... And I'm not say I do believe them.

I will be a good boy won't do specific political discussion here.  But my guess is that in general there's plenty of blame to go around from political activism, corporate greed and cronyism, and pure governmental mismanagement and manipulation.

Edit - That gas swing from 2.39 to 2.79 was back in March or April... I hit my head to hard banging it into the pump while fueling and can't remember the specific date.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 12:15:27 PM by J-Carr »

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2015, 01:27:21 PM »

Diesel in the greater Milwaukee area was $2.49 last night!
The "TAZMUN"

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2015, 02:57:53 PM »

Cali has their own special fuel requirements, so they get special pricing.  Required by a special law.  Other places also have special fuel laws.

Obviously, the mean evil big oil companies just arbitrarily reduced the prices of fuel, in a similar way as when they just arbitrarily increased the prices of fuel.  Laws of supply & demand, refinery capacities, other industries increase/decrease in energy requirements, limited special fuel blends demanded by special places, & increase/decrease in fuel demand by the traveling public have no effect on price ups or downs.  The oil companies only do this to take advantage of the publc, no matter what the price is.  That is the only possible reason for gas to be more expensive in special places & less expensive in others.  Why do the big mean oil companies do this, without any reason as  to supply or demand?  Because they are big & evil.

Or it could be a predictable pattern of up/down prices following certain supply/demand parameters.   Nah, that's just crazy talk.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2015, 04:45:05 PM »

Alabama is in the $2.05 range now.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.