Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  All

Author Topic: San Diego gas prices....  (Read 32096 times)

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
Re: San Diego gas prices....
« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2016, 04:15:21 AM »

Oh lord I'd forgotten all about those.  We did do green stamps.  I can remember absolutely HATING those things.  Be on my stool (you needed one when you were 11 or 12 or 13) under a car on the grease rack and that "ding ding" of the gas island would chime.  Grab my milk carton (that you needed to all the way across the windshield to wash it or to check the oil on most pickup trucks) and head out to the gas island.  Pump the gas, wash the glass, check the oil, do a quick vac of the carpets if they asked, check the tires and finish the gas fill.  Then take the money or the credit card, go in, get the change or "run" the card machine, go back to the driver, and listen to the (always) little old lady bitch because I forgot her green stamps. 

Pretty sure we stopped doing green stamps about 1974 or so. 

There was the one good thing about being the kid on the gas island.  The teenage girls that would never get out of their car.  Tell them they've got a bulb out.  But, so sorry, it appears not to be a bulb.  Scoot over just a bit and I'll check the fuses under the dash for you.  Crawl under, check "things" out, ah; the vistas on the gas island were sometimes grand.
While not as up close and personal, cleaning the windshield offered some great views. Had a really good view one day and the early 30's young women said, "What's wrong, is that pine tar." Oh those garter belt days :huepfenjump3:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 04:17:11 AM by 2k »
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2016, 07:10:21 AM »

Kind of hard to feel sorry for California when they don't want any new oil drilling. But just as well for those who live there, if SoCal was cheep everyone would want to live there. Beautiful weather.
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2016, 10:15:48 AM »

Good Morning from SoCal !

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2016, 02:29:46 PM »

Nice photo Lou!

:2vrolijk_21:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #124 on: January 27, 2016, 07:08:04 PM »

We may not have the best roads, best weather, and any/everything else.... but.... we do beat your fuel prices. ;) :D :D

Down $1.25 since my post above in July...

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2016, 10:05:41 AM »

Beautiful pic Lou.  :2vrolijk_21:

Take another one this coming Sunday morning and post a before and after.  :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #126 on: January 28, 2016, 10:55:33 AM »

:cherry:
"While not as up close and personal, cleaning the windshield offered some great views. Had a really good view one day and the early 30's young women said, "What's wrong, is that pine tar." Oh those garter belt days :huepfenjump3:"

:P Waaaaaaaaay back when I did a part time job at a Mobil station,  this gal would show up occassionally wearing her bright red leather mini dress that had a huge zipper running right down the front from top to bottom.  It had a zipper pull at each end, and she would have the top zipped down just enough for a good peek at her melons and the bottom zipped upward also.

I just about wore a hole thru her windshield and made sure to get all the bugs and stuff off of it...........but it took extra time you see. :nixweiss:

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #127 on: January 28, 2016, 05:25:48 PM »

:P Waaaaaaaaay back when I did a part time job at a Mobil station,  this gal would show up occassionally wearing her bright red leather mini dress that had a huge zipper running right down the front from top to bottom.  It had a zipper pull at each end, and she would have the top zipped down just enough for a good peek at her melons and the bottom zipped upward also.

I just about wore a hole thru her windshield and made sure to get all the bugs and stuff off of it...........but it took extra time you see. :nixweiss:
Sounds like a win-win and a match made in heaven: an exhibitionist woman and a voyeur guy (meaning all guys!).  Something for everybody.

When I was in high school, every Friday the girls would dress up in their best dresses.  Mini-skirts and garter belts were in.  Didn't matter whether they crossed their legs or not; the skirts were so short that garter belts, bare thighs, and panties were visible.  Made it hard to concentrate on school work.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #128 on: January 28, 2016, 07:16:28 PM »

I had an English teacher that was a knockout and would ware mini skirts, garter belt, and stockings. She also wore low cut tops and push up bras. I sat directly in front of her desk and she would sit on the front of her desk. I was a junior at the time and I think I had sex with her every day, in my mind. There should have been a law that teachers shouldn't be that hot. I think the next year she was in Penthouse. :-*
Mike
 :drink:

Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Para Bellum

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #129 on: January 29, 2016, 01:54:16 AM »

MikeyTee,

We had a French (!) teacher like that; blond, slender but curvy, beautiful.  Good thing I didn't know about her before I registered, or I would have signed up.  Would have been a disaster one way or another.

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #130 on: January 29, 2016, 11:23:30 AM »

Right around a canbuck a litre here in nanaimo for regular
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #131 on: February 09, 2016, 11:36:54 PM »

99 Cent Gas May Be on Its Way

The International Energy Agency (IEA) February oil market report will put more downward pressure on crude prices just as the price of gasoline in some parts of the United States dips to above $1.10 a gallon. Prices are moving swiftly to below $1, a price last posted in the United States in December of 1993.

The new IEA report‘s authors wrote:

Having peaked, at a five-year high of 1.6 million barrels per day (mb/d) in 2015, global oil demand growth is forecast to ease back considerably in 2016, to 1.2 mb/d, pulled down by notable slowdowns in Europe, China and the United States …

Crude trades at $30 per barrel now, and the forecasts of $20 have become more likely.

More than 50 stations in Oklahoma sell gas for under $1.15 per gallon. One station sells regular gas as $1.11, according to GasBuddy. That is against a national price for an average gallon of gas at $1.72. A month ago, that price was just short of $2.

AAA experts largely agree with the IEA assessment:
Domestic crude oil inventories reached their highest level for this time of year in nearly eight decades, and barring any major disruptions in supply, gas prices are likely to remain near their lowest price point since the Great Recession in the near term. Today’s average price of $1.74 per gallon reflects a savings of $1.07 per gallon versus the 2015 peak price reached this past June, and gas prices have fallen for 31 of the past 33 days. Pump prices are down six cents per gallon on the week, 24 cents per gallon on the month, and consumers are saving 44 cents per gallon versus this same date last year.

The gas price figures in some Oklahoma locations are not a surprise. The average price for a gallon of gas across that state is $1.37. The price is not much higher in Missouri ($1.41), Indiana ($1.45) and Kansas ($1.47).

Among the primary reasons gas prices are low in some areas is proximity to refineries. That, however, has been largely outweighed by state gas taxes and levies. According to the American Petroleum Institute, the national average of taxes per state is $0.48 per gallon. However, Oklahoma has taxes that are the fourth lowest among all states at $0.354. Missouri’s are the sixth lowest at $0.357. State gas taxes vary widely, because each state legislature has broad power to set them.

24/7 Wall St. has done an analysis of gas taxes in all 50 states. What it shows is that the marriage of low oil prices and state taxes have created an environment that soon could drive gas prices below $1.

By Douglas A. McIntyre

http://247wallst.com/energy-economy/2016/02/09/99-cent-gas-may-be-on-its-way/#ixzz3zjiObCRM
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Para Bellum

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #132 on: February 10, 2016, 04:13:33 AM »

It's great to have low prices, but when the price for oil drops to $20/bbl, companies here (but not the Middle East countries) will stop drilling for new sources, wells currently in production will be shut down, and even refineries may quit.  It's what happens when they can't sell the product at a price high enough to stay in business.  The we'll be buying all our petroleum products from Saudis, Iranians, and ISIS.

The Saudis, for example, can make money when crude oil is selling for under $10/bbl, so they'll own the market at that price.  OTOH, when all the American drilling crews have left the oil patch for non-oil jobs, and wells and refineries are closed (or sold to Iran by the Muslim-in-Chief), it will be very expensive to re-start them.  And we will pay for it...in many unpleasant ways.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #133 on: February 10, 2016, 08:45:33 AM »

From NBC7 News yesterday:

A report released this week by Consumer Watchdog that claims Exxon Mobil could have countered the loss in fuel by exporting more fuel from foreign refineries, driving up gas prices. NBC 7's Consumer Bob reports. (Published Tuesday, Feb. 9, 2016)

California drivers pay more to fill their gas tank than drivers across the country, but Consumer Watchdog says that's because big oil companies manipulate the fuel supply.
The consumer group released a study this week saying drivers spent 2015 paying much more for gasoline than other driver because of a "mystery ship" owned by Exxon Mobile. .

When the Exxon refinery exploded last February in Torrance, it reduced the capacity of supply in Southern California. The Consumer Watchdog study finds Exxon Mobil could have increased its supply by transporting fuel from out-of-state refineries, even refineries in foreign countries. But what about the damaged refinery in the Los Angeles area?
"What this report shows is that Exxon Mobil doesn't even need that refinery," said gas industry analyst Charles Langley. "They have refineries all over the world that can produce high quality California gasoline and import it."

However, the Consumer Watchdog study claims that instead of replenishing the fuel, Exxon "hid" one of its oil tankers near Singapore. There are two refineries there that can produce California blended gas.

Instead, the report claims Exxon moved the ship around for 70 days and made no attempt to bring fuel to California. When it did arrive, on one occasion the ship was empty, and on a second visit, it  stopped in a Los Angeles port and then delivered its gas to Florida.

Langley says that is done to manipulate the market, to create panic and raise prices.
"If they can restrict supply the price goes up and they make more money than when there is an abundant supply of gasoline," said Langley.

Exxon Mobil spokesman Todd Spitler told the Associate Press and Los Angeles Times, "Exxon Mobil rejects these allegations and is committed to the highest standards of business conduct, has operated responsibly and in strict compliance with all laws.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Blaming-Exxon-Ship-For-Higher-Gas-Prices-368258471.html#ixzz3zlwYbAur
Follow us: @nbcsandiego on Twitter | NBCSanDiego on Facebook

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #134 on: February 10, 2016, 10:43:31 AM »

It's SoCal to pay more for everything so we can have a piece of the lifestyle. I rode yesterday to the beach in 80 degree weather and woke up to this in the morning. Now its off to work to pay I go. 
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  All

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 22 queries.