Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: On a Rant  (Read 2371 times)

SPIDERMAN

On a Rant
« on: January 26, 2007, 09:51:12 PM »

[smiley=soapbox.gif]
I'm opening this thread with the little guy on the soap box so anyone who's not in the mood to listen to me go off can ignore it. Were it not for this site I swear I'd have nothing to do in the evening. I can't watch TV anymore. It seems you have only a few basic choices no matter how many channels are available. Either you watch the news which is about the war and the devisiveness amongst us that subject engenders, or you watch a bunch of talking heads who's last visit to middle class America was when they were probably 10 years old OR and this is my freakin favorite, you watch some stupid ass celebreality show in which a bunch of bimbo's from Orange County ( take your pick either CA or NY depending on your gender of choice) act like the idiots they are and then flaunt their wealth and celebrity in front of an even bigger bunch of idiots who chase them around to take their pictures. Were it not for this site and the hard working folks who reside here I swear I'd think our country has gone totally to freakin hell. How about a TV show the celebrates you and me and every one of us who drags his/her ass out of bed every morning, goes to work, does their job in relative anonominity and goes home to their family at night. Or how about making a show about the men and women of our armed forces who sacrifice their all for the country they believe in. I'm not going to say all people who are wealthy are idiots or that all have had it handed to them. I know there are many American success stories. People who by hard work, invention and innovation raised themselves up and now enjoy the just rewards of their efforts. What I'm off about here is the cult of celebrity in America. How can we teach our children the value of sacrifice, hard work and dedication of purpose when the media is all about instant fame, insane wealth and lavish spending on a scale that makes out passion about our Harley's pale by comparison. We talk about spending $35-$40k on a motorcycle that we had to work to earn and these people spend that much on dinner for 12 at some snotty ass "bistro". Where the hell does it end folks ? People talk about the fabric of America, that fabric is you and me and everyone who works for a living. I for one am no longer going to watch any movie, or television program in which anyone I have no respect for as a person is involved in. Call it the Hubbard effect but the man has got a point in some of the things I've read that he's posted since I've joined the site. You reach a point on certain issues where you have to say what you mean and mean what you say and do something about it. I'm done with supporting these useless leaches that suck the life out of what's real and honest and decent about our great country.  [smiley=soapbox.gif]

Big B
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 09:58:51 PM by SPIDERMAN »

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
Re: On a Rant
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 04:02:19 PM »

8-)   Hey Brian, here ya go.  You asked for it, you got it.  

I have a new favorite show.  It's called Dirty Jobs.  The fella goes around and makes an ass of himself (most of the time), trying to do a job that someone else does every day.  He's polite, he's not stuffed shirt-ish, and he invariably thanks those folks for doing what they do.  And it's pretty educational to boot, not to mention it makes me happy I do what I do, and NOT what they do!  The guy that does the show is real good natured, and takes his licks well and in good spirit.  (Kinda makes ya feel like he doesn't get paid a lot, but he likes what he's doing....)  

It's only one choice, but there a lot of episodes, so you could record them all and at least have a few days or weeks of decent viewing.    [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 04:23:35 PM »

Bless you, Brian. My wife has been putting up with my ranting since returning from our 3 year tour in Germany.

SOKOOL

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 05:21:06 PM »

I live on sports and the Discovery Channel for those very reasons!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 05:35:35 PM »

WHOS GOT TIME TO WATCH THE BOOB TUBE [smiley=nixweiss.gif] IM EITHER RIDING WRENCHING CLEANING OR SLEEPING. WHATS THE PROBLEM [smiley=confused5.gif]
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 05:45:57 PM »

for some reason, the show "Married with Children" Comes to mind
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

hogasm

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 06:59:08 PM »

I live on sports and the Discovery Channel for those very reasons!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

but sometimes I wonder if the sports are real

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 07:56:56 PM »

WHOS GOT TIME TO WATCH THE BOOB TUBE [smiley=nixweiss.gif] IM EITHER RIDING WRENCHING CLEANING OR SLEEPING. WHATS THE PROBLEM [smiley=confused5.gif]

Couldn't agree more. Guess that's why I doing this project for Stoneman. Better I spend someone else's money for a change.

B B

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 08:23:57 PM »

Big News on the Fox Channel Today  Britney Spears, Paris Hilton and Hillary Duff are " Bad Examples " for today's youth

duh uh !  And how much does the genius that put together this earth shattering tidbit get paid a year ?  Maybe I should start my own show " The Big B Factor "  - - - " where the spin never gets started " 

B B

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.