Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: Pete has a New Name!  (Read 10636 times)

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
Re: Pete has a New Name!
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2016, 05:14:38 PM »

I think the lesson to be learned Harry, if there is one, is that around these pilgrims, one should never leave their fastest horse in the stable.
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2016, 06:15:49 PM »

Variety is the spice of life.   They know where to find me if they're feeling froggy.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2016, 06:33:23 PM »

I think the lesson to be learned Harry, if there is one, is that around these pilgrims, one should never leave their fastest horse in the stable.
Harry wasn't on the 2nd fastest horse either...

All the Bikes in the Unbalanced Stable are Thoroughbreds, some faster than others... some are matured, others still in training...

« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 01:39:42 PM by FlaHeatWave »
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2016, 08:13:06 PM »

A certain number of gentlemen had a little sporting contest the last few miles back to the hotel after one ride.
If I recall, a gentleman originally from Tennessee pulled out in front of the ride captain first, followed by a gentleman from Illinois, a gentleman from Virginia, and a gentleman from Florida. The gentleman from Virginia was the first to the hotel.
Can we get a clarification on the definition of the term "gentleman" used in this thread? Some of us have only been around about 4 years or so and don't quite get all the fancy lingo that seems to be commonly used amongst the more proper "southern" members of this party. Another one I don't understand is getting "Otis'd"
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

Pete has a New Name!
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2016, 08:37:00 PM »

Being Otis'd is when the race is over you let off and the loser or another fly by with claims that they won and passed you.

Pulling a Hubbard aka Hitting the big road.  This is when Hubbard negates a beautiful country ride to pound the sightless interstate or 4 Lane.

Pulling a Sneaky Pete is building a new motor and equipping it with NOS.

Being Harry'd is just flat getting Busted with Witness or pictures

Can also include photo graphs of riding bitch after getting busted.

Hope that helps with the southern euphemisms.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 08:39:30 PM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2016, 08:56:21 PM »

Being Otis'd is when the race is over you let off and the loser or another fly by with claims that they won and passed you.

Pulling a Hubbard aka Hitting the big road.  This is when Hubbard negates a beautiful country ride to pound the sightless interstate or 4 Lane.

Pulling a Sneaky Pete is building a new motor and equipping it with NOS.

Being Harry'd is just flat getting Busted with Witness or pictures

Can also include photo graphs of riding bitch after getting busted.

Hope that helps with the southern euphemisms.
Yes indeed. Thank you sir.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2016, 10:22:47 PM »

OBB,

I know it seems like my explanation works, but here is a link to the definitive description for Pulling a Hubbard and being a WHORE.

This lesson brought to you by Shrader.

https://youtu.be/7egN2bWUfNs
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 10:32:04 PM by Unbalanced »

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2016, 11:00:15 PM »

Tis true all the girls declined to run it.   So no reason to pull it out.

Various excuses.    Even though Nos has been off the table like any other power adder I am still willing to whoop Sneaky with his NOS.  I ain't Skeered like ole Hillary.

Who the phuck was skeered?  I came ready to run, and Sneaky Pete had done put his pajamas on!  Later--HUBBARD 
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2016, 05:52:32 AM »

:huepfenlol2:  :huepfenjump3:

OBB,

I know it seems like my explanation works, but here is a link to the definitive description for Pulling a Hubbard and being a WHORE.

This lesson brought to you by Shrader.

https://youtu.be/7egN2bWUfNs

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

Pete has a New Name!
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2016, 08:36:21 AM »

Sneaky Pete,

Was pondering this and frankly Hillary has short circuited again and has broken the rules too.  You shouldn't be getting any crap from him as he runs a power additive  bandaid for all that compression  :huepfenlol2:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 09:04:00 AM by Unbalanced »

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2016, 12:25:18 PM »

Sneaky Pete,

Was pondering this and frankly Hillary has short circuited again and has broken the rules too.  You shouldn't be getting any crap from him as he runs a power additive  bandaid for all that compression  :huepfenlol2:.

Rules?  What rules?  Unless, of course, we're talkin' about the Golden Rule.....and here, that would be defined as....He who has the Gold, rules!  Speed cost money.  A lot of money.  And, there's no end to it.  Add to that, Engine builders.  Every single Engine Builder has his "boy", that gets special attention.  They will all argue that statement, but it's the truth.  It's been going on for years, and it will never stop.  It's just the way it is.  The Engine Builders have more at stake, as far as ego's go, than us idiots do.  But that's all they have in the game.  Their balls ain't as big as ours are, but their brains.....MUCH bigger.  They ain't the ones that are taking their lives in their own hands, eveytime we twist that throttle until the Motor chips-out.  I'm not insinuating their all out to kill us, 'cause then they would be out of business!  What I am insinuating is, we're all a bunch of Horse-Power idiots.  It's another addiction that I can add to my list.  And like all the rest of 'em, there ain't no cure.  I can only put them in remission, through abstinence.  And, every single addiction I have wants to kill me, too.  Bet that smacked some of you deep thinkers right in the face, didn't it?  Gettin' out run don't bother me as much as it used to.  Quite frankly, I think a lot different today, than I did back in the day.  Like, what if I lose control.....what if some idiot pulls over on me....what if a tire blows....what if this big a$$ed Motor lets loose, and locks up......what if a deer jumps out on me?  I never used to consider those things!  NEVER!  Am I different....do I think different...have I matured, or "grown-up", so to speak, or is it the fact that I've got a lot more to lose than I used to?  Am I skeered?  For me, it's a combination of all those things.  I'm not as skeered of gettin' beat as I used to be.  But I'll always try to be in the game.  I'll always try to compete.  Nobody wins forever.  There's always somebody faster.  In the Bar scene, there was always somebody tougher.  I've got the scars to prove that!  So....I guess the moral of this story is.....Ol' Hub would rather play the game and lose, than not be playin' the game at all....as long as I'm able to!  One thing's for sure....I've created a lot of business for Engine Builders over the years!  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD         
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2016, 12:56:20 PM »

Rules?  What rules?  Unless, of course, we're talkin' about the Golden Rule.....and here, that would be defined as....He who has the Gold, rules!  Speed cost money.  A lot of money.  And, there's no end to it.  Add to that, Engine builders.  Every single Engine Builder has his "boy", that gets special attention.  They will all argue that statement, but it's the truth.  It's been going on for years, and it will never stop.  It's just the way it is.  The Engine Builders have more at stake, as far as ego's go, than us idiots do.  But that's all they have in the game.  Their balls ain't as big as ours are, but their brains.....MUCH bigger.  They ain't the ones that are taking their lives in their own hands, eveytime we twist that throttle until the Motor chips-out.  I'm not insinuating their all out to kill us, 'cause then they would be out of business!  What I am insinuating is, we're all a bunch of Horse-Power idiots.  It's another addiction that I can add to my list.  And like all the rest of 'em, there ain't no cure.  I can only put them in remission, through abstinence.  And, every single addiction I have wants to kill me, too.  Bet that smacked some of you deep thinkers right in the face, didn't it?  Gettin' out run don't bother me as much as it used to.  Quite frankly, I think a lot different today, than I did back in the day.  Like, what if I lose control.....what if some idiot pulls over on me....what if a tire blows....what if this big a$$ed Motor lets loose, and locks up......what if a deer jumps out on me?  I never used to consider those things!  NEVER!  Am I different....do I think different...have I matured, or "grown-up", so to speak, or is it the fact that I've got a lot more to lose than I used to?  Am I skeered?  For me, it's a combination of all those things.  I'm not as skeered of gettin' beat as I used to be.  But I'll always try to be in the game.  I'll always try to compete.  Nobody wins forever.  There's always somebody faster.  In the Bar scene, there was always somebody tougher.  I've got the scars to prove that!  So....I guess the moral of this story is.....Ol' Hub would rather play the game and lose, than not be playin' the game at all....as long as I'm able to!  One thing's for sure....I've created a lot of business for Engine Builders over the years!  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD         

Well said Mr. President.  It ain't no fun rolling around on the pavement (or worse) and I don't bounce as well was I used to.  I'll run for a short sprint, if I get past you I'm done, if not, I'm still done.  You think different for the same reason I do, got those grand babies waiting to see us! 

I would be interested in trying the drag strip, closed course, no critters, cops or other traffic, can focus on the task at hand for a quarter mile.  Another GTG?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 01:10:28 PM by pete_4854 »
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2016, 12:58:06 PM »

Well said and I agree especially on that grand baby front.

Only part that is tough is in for a pinch in for a pound and never know when he decides it's your time just no escaping that.

Now that the sentimental stuff is out of the way back to you and sneaky running.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2016, 01:11:39 PM »

Well said Mr. President.  It ain't no fun rolling around on the pavement (or worse) and I don't bounce as well was I used to.  I'll run for a short sprint, if I get past you I'm done, if not I'm still done.  I would be interested in trying the drag strip, closed course, no critters, cops or other traffic, can focus on the task at hand for a quarter mile.  Another GTG?

That's something to think about!  I'd be in for that!  That's always excitin'!  Where could we do that in the Valley?  Without gettin' popped by the 'Man?"  Can't block off roads up here anymore like we used to on Saturday nite.  Too much traffic!  At all hours!  But, then again, we'd have to do this in the daylite.  Somethin' to think about, for sure!  Later--HUBBARD
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 01:33:30 PM by HUBBARD »

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2016, 01:13:16 PM »

My sneaky running has been grossly exaggerated
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 21 queries.