Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NYC blow(I mean tow job)!!  (Read 2199 times)

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
NYC blow(I mean tow job)!!
« on: February 11, 2007, 11:53:57 PM »

Took the family too NYC on Fri. nite...Time Square shopping,,Nice expensive dinner,18 Beans a piece to go to the top of Empire state bldg..all too walk out to find my car had been towed,,,10;30 on fri nite and I live 90 minutes away...was no tow zone..I should had waited and seen a Judge for I was in the right but they had me by the balls......soo i payed the 185.00 tow job and got to my car to find a 115.00 ticket on top of that!!..was told by a cop that they are trying to discourage people from driving in manhatten and using public trans..was also told that if I had NYC licence plates I most likly would had not been towed.....Oh well they got me this time..not too cool though..figured I would share....
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: NYC blow(I mean tow job)!!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 12:04:46 AM »

Took the family too NYC on Fri. nite...Time Square shopping,,Nice expensive dinner,18 Beans a piece to go to the top of Empire state bldg..all too walk out to find my car had been towed,,,10;30 on fri nite and I live 90 minutes away...was no tow zone..I should had waited and seen a Judge for I was in the right but they had me by the balls......soo i payed the 185.00 tow job and got to my car to find a 115.00 ticket on top of that!!..was told by a cop that they are trying to discourage people from driving in manhatten and using public trans..was also told that if I had NYC licence plates I most likly would had not been towed.....Oh well they got me this time..not too cool though..figured I would share....

That does blow! I wish I knew you were going. I would have had you put it in a parking lot around there. Really heavy tourist area. They ticket and tow quickly. They're on a quota! It's a real $$$ maker for the city. That happened to me in Cobleskill, NY at the County Fair. Really sucks when you walk back to your car with your family and the car's gone! Everybody be careful parking in Manhattan and never leave your bike where you can't see it either! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 12:43:52 AM »

Come on down. I got a parking ticket in Beaufort about three months ago...$3.00

I spoke to the patolman's boss who is a friend and he asked me why I paid it. The guy was a rookie.

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 07:34:21 AM »

That bites.  >:(

I was just in the City the beginning of January. We took our daughter in for her Birthday. What a money pit. We parked in a garage for a couple of hours. I thought I was renting the space not buying it! She enjoyed herself so all is good but I'm glad I only go into the city maybe twice a year.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 12:00:42 PM »

I have to be there for various reasons occasionally.  As much as there is to like and enjoy about NYC, and I do, it wears itself thin quickly for the reasons described here and many other.  I love being able to find anything at any time.  I hate feeling like you've got to have your head tucked down tightly between your shoulders all the time to make sure the City itself doesn't gouge you.  No matter how good a time I might have had or how productive the trip might have been I always feel myself relaxing just a bit when it recedes in the distance behind me.

I don't mean to speak ill of any misfortune here.  But for the first couple years after 9/11 the city was actually better to travel to.  Now again, even with all it offers, it's almost as annoying as Paris for the general attitude that has to be dealt with.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 04:11:07 PM »

$300 and the screen isn't melting from what you had to say. You need Anger Management IN REVERSE DUDE ! 

Bet if it had been Paulie Sr's Hummer the cop would've been waiting when he got back for an autograph.

B B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 07:02:25 PM »

I have to be there for various reasons occasionally.  As much as there is to like and enjoy about NYC, and I do, it wears itself thin quickly for the reasons described here and many other.  I love being able to find anything at any time.  I hate feeling like you've got to have your head tucked down tightly between your shoulders all the time to make sure the City itself doesn't gouge you.  No matter how good a time I might have had or how productive the trip might have been I always feel myself relaxing just a bit when it recedes in the distance behind me.

I don't mean to speak ill of any misfortune here.  But for the first couple years after 9/11 the city was actually better to travel to.  Now again, even with all it offers, it's almost as annoying as Paris for the general attitude that has to be dealt with.

Don, you're pretty close. After 9/11 the city, as well as the rest of the country, came together bigtime. For awhile it was about patriotism, camaraderie, and rebuilding. Then the freakin' politicians had to get a hold of it all and as usual, use it for their political agendas and advancement. Now that people actually get along pretty well, they wanna make $$$ from everything they can! If you know the ropes, then you know how to deal with the City. But if they continue to sterilize it and take all the personality away from it, you might as well go to Disneyland!!! If you're coming to the city, let me know. I can help. Hopefully not for long though. I'm getting sick of it myself now. I liked it better when it was chaos and confusion. In the name of "quality of life" they're ruining my quality of life! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 10:51:25 PM »

I here ya fella's,,Yeah it did'nt sour me though,,al in all I had my car back in an Hr. and my kid had a great time so f/it...your right about a comfort level though,, they wont get me again.... :)ride on ,headpan
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.