Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Quick vent !!  (Read 5440 times)

Jacktrician69

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE
Quick vent !!
« on: February 15, 2007, 08:42:02 PM »

:soapbox:   I just need to vent !!!!  IT'S TOO DAMN COLD HERE !!  >:(   I'm sick of riding my bike in my dreams  :-\   somebody send a warm day my way will ya please  :nixweiss:  just throw your exhaust Northeast  ???   

twincam

Re: Quick vent !!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 10:10:27 PM »

heres a hot one from the desert southwest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 10:33:01 PM »

Gonna be 52 here on Sunday! Not to worry... the 1st nice day ride will be that much sweeter!  8)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 10:53:14 PM »

:soapbox:   I just need to vent !!!!  IT'S TOO DAMN COLD HERE !!  >:(   I'm sick of riding my bike in my dreams  :-\   somebody send a warm day my way will ya please  :nixweiss:  just throw your exhaust Northeast  ???   

Jack,
       10 years ago, I woke up one morning, walked out the door in 10 below 0 weathah, slipped, fell on my ass, banged my head on the ice I slipped on and swore that was it. Moved to San Diego less than a year later. Do I miss Maine. Sure for the two months a year when it's warm and the mosquitos aren't so thick they carry off dogs, cats and small children. Two months out of twelve just ain't enough. You're an electrician ? They build about 1,000 houses a week out here, every 6 months there's a new neigborhood and they have to build schools, stores, shops etc to support it. I'd say being an electrician in Southern California's gotta be as sure a bet as there is when it comes to finding work.

B B

RedFXR2

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 09:13:30 AM »

Jack,
       You're an electrician ? They build about 1,000 houses a week out here, every 6 months there's a new neigborhood and they have to build schools, stores, shops etc to support it. I'd say being an electrician in Southern California's gotta be as sure a bet as there is when it comes to finding work.

You could say about the same thing for many parts of Florida, as well.  Tomorrow it's going to be 67 and sunny where I am.  Florida's not nirvana, but one winter (if you can really call it that) down here will make you understand why so many folks move here.  I think as an electrician you'd have your pick of jobs/contracts.

Hey BB, the wife and I went to Bah Hahbah in mid-May one year.  We thought springtime in New England, and all that.  She took a sweater and I took a cotton windbreaker.  We went for a hike on Cadillac Mountain (open, bare rock face) and it started sleeting with freezing rain.  Got down to just above freezing and then the fog rolled in.  Our day hike turned into something like a military survival exercise--couldn't find the trail in the fog and getting colder and wetter and the rocks getting slicker by the minute.

Now we laugh about it and call that day the "Bar Harbor Death March".  The good thing about it was how good the fireplace felt that night and the beer and lobster at the local restaurant was excellent.

That wasn't the only time I've visited Maine but it was the coldest.

Jacktrician69

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 11:48:44 AM »

Thanks for your warm thoughts guys  ::)    My parents live in Maine, so I know I don't have it half as bad as they do up there !!  You are correct, I am an Electrician, and I'm sure I could find work just about anywhere, but it's nice to know where the construction is booming  :2vrolijk_21:  who knows......maybe I'll slip and fall, then come to my sences too  ;D   god knows there's enough ice out there today to do just that  >:(    I'm thinking about warm thoughts at "Weirs Beach" !!!   :cucumber:  SHWIIIIINNGGGG !

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 04:45:33 PM »

You could say about the same thing for many parts of Florida, as well.  Tomorrow it's going to be 67 and sunny where I am.  Florida's not nirvana, but one winter (if you can really call it that) down here will make you understand why so many folks move here.  I think as an electrician you'd have your pick of jobs/contracts.

Hey BB, the wife and I went to Bah Hahbah in mid-May one year.  We thought springtime in New England, and all that.  She took a sweater and I took a cotton windbreaker.  We went for a hike on Cadillac Mountain (open, bare rock face) and it started sleeting with freezing rain.  Got down to just above freezing and then the fog rolled in.  Our day hike turned into something like a military survival exercise--couldn't find the trail in the fog and getting colder and wetter and the rocks getting slicker by the minute.

Now we laugh about it and call that day the "Bar Harbor Death March".  The good thing about it was how good the fireplace felt that night and the beer and lobster at the local restaurant was excellent.

That wasn't the only time I've visited Maine but it was the coldest.

Beah and Lubstah Red, get it right ok Dude ? 

B B

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 07:42:35 PM »

Wiers Beach,, aint that in New Hampshire?

OK,  I'm old and don't feel like hunting through threads. Where did you say Hicktown is again????????

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 08:03:01 PM »

Wiers Beach,, aint that in New Hampshire?

OK,  I'm old and don't feel like hunting through threads. Where did you say Hicktown is again????????

Ayuh, Weirs is in Cow Hamshire. I believe Hicktown is in Pennsylvania. Could be wrong but that's what I believe  :D

B B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 08:29:23 PM »

Ayuh, Weirs is in Cow Hamshire. I believe Hicktown is in Pennsylvania. Could be wrong but that's what I believe  :D

B B

I think he said in Ma, near Cape Cod. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Jacktrician69

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2007, 09:27:33 PM »

:D   Hoist is right....  I just call it " hicktown"  ;)  I'm In Mass. About 1/2 hour north of " The Cape"    Good impressions guys  8)  I think I saw some " Mainer" in there with the "AYUH"      :P  But here in " Buhstin" I " Pahk Mah Cah" & I "staaht Mah Halay"  8)   :D

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2007, 02:37:01 AM »

:D   Hoist is right....  I just call it " hicktown"  ;)  I'm In Mass. About 1/2 hour north of " The Cape"    Good impressions guys  8)  I think I saw some " Mainer" in there with the "AYUH"      :P  But here in " Buhstin" I " Pahk Mah Cah" & I "staaht Mah Halay"  8)   :D

And you yanks make fun of the way us Southerners talk?   ;)
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

rbmntx

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2007, 12:46:27 PM »

You tell 'em TC.  Down here in the south, we put on this act of being uncultured hicks with no ed-ju-mah-kation just to keep the riff raff out.  It's not working all that well though..., we seem to be overrun with northerners and south of the border southerners here in Texas.
some days you gets da bear, other days da bear gets you...

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2007, 10:07:58 PM »

You tell 'em TC.  Down here in the south, we put on this act of being uncultured hicks with no ed-ju-mah-kation just to keep the riff raff out.  It's not working all that well though..., we seem to be overrun with northerners and south of the border southerners here in Texas.

Just in case any of you southern fried bikers didn't bother to attend history class in high school, the Pilgrims landed in Massachusets, NOT Texas or any other points south. Other than the Native Americans, I guess that makes us Yankees, First Americans  :D

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2007, 10:32:54 PM »

Just in case any of you southern fried bikers didn't bother to attend history class in high school, the Pilgrims landed in Massachusets, NOT Texas or any other points south. Other than the Native Americans, I guess that makes us Yankees, First Americans  :D

B B

One thing that always amused me about that first landing on Cape Cod.  21 Nov 1620, Standish comes ashore.  They find some corn stored by the locals.  Steal it.  Decide they don't like the place for lack of fresh water.  And leave  :drink: .
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.