Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Quick vent !!  (Read 5441 times)

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Re: Quick vent !!
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2007, 11:26:19 PM »

Just in case any of you southern fried bikers didn't bother to attend history class in high school, the Pilgrims landed in Massachusets, NOT Texas or any other points south. Other than the Native Americans, I guess that makes us Yankees, First Americans  :D

B B

Hi SPIDERMAN,
you might want to check out this link? Jamestown Virginia settlement in 1607 sound familiar? ;D
http://www.apva.org/history/index.html

That would be the first English settlement but I think the Spanish beat us to North America too. :huepfenlol2:
St.Augustine Florida is the oldest  European continiously settled city in America founded by the Spanish in 1565.
Then you have the Vikings in Newfoundland between 1000 and 1013 if you want to count that as a settlement?
Plymouth Rock was 1620. ;)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 11:44:21 PM by VaEagle »

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2007, 11:38:34 PM »

The Jungle Prada   Park street   st. petersburg  fl   1532? Jose Gaspar  I think it said on the sign that it was the first landing.....
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2007, 11:42:12 PM »

Outraged and spiteful, the daughter-in-law conspired with the prime minister to frame Gaspar for stealing the Spanish crown jewels.  Upon hearing news of his imminent arrest, ordered by Charles III, Gaspar commandeered a ship, the Floridablanca, and escaped.  Swearing an oath to revenge his treatment by Spanish officials, he resolved to plunder any ship flying the flag of Spain.  The year was 1783.

Gaspar took the Floridablanca and escaped to the Gulf coast of Florida.  He established his base in Charlotte Harbor (near modern-day Fort Myers).  He adopted a new name and the career of Gasparilla, the Pirate began.

Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2007, 09:15:05 AM »

Its been so damn cold here in Paducah Kentucky I looked out in my backyard this morning and I saw a beagle with a set of jumpers cables trying to boost off a jack rabbit ...... MAN THIS WEATHER sucks ....if it warms up it rains and if it clears up it drops below freezing!

Bubba
" Why Johnny Ringo ...you look like somone just ..walked across your grave"

RedFXR2

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2007, 10:12:03 AM »

Beah and Lubstah Red, get it right ok Dude ? 

B B

Hey, you're the "Mainah".  Me, I speak English. ;D

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 07:37:23 PM »

Hey, you're the "Mainah".  Me, I speak English. ;D

Maniacs Red, we're all freakin Maniacs 

Ayuh

B B

RedFXR2

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 08:21:22 PM »

Maniacs Red, we're all freakin Maniacs 

Brian:  I'm taking Maine-speak classes.

"How to Sound Like a Native Mainah from Wickipedia.

Words that end in "er" are pronounced "ah." Mainer = Mainah. Car = Cah. Mother and Father = Muthah and Fathah. Water = Watah.

Conversely, words that end in "a" are sometimes, but not always, pronounced "er." California becomes Californier. Idea becomes idear. Yoga becomes Yoger.

Drop the "g" in "ing." Stopping and starting = stoppin' and startin', or more correctly, stoppin' and stahtin'.

Broaden a and e sounds. Calf becomes cahf. Bath becomes bahth. Can't becomes cahn't.

Drag out some one-syllable words into two syllables. There becomes they-uh. Here becomes hee-ah.

Getting the accent down is not all there is to speaking like a Mainah. You also need to learn some Maine lingo: 

Apiece: An undetermined distance: He lives down the road apiece.

Ayuh: Yup. Sure. Okay. That's right. You Bet.

Bug: Lobster

Cah: A four wheel vehicle, not a truck.

Chowdah: Chowder

Crittah: Any furry animal

Cunnin': Cute

Finest Kind: The very best

From Away: Not from Maine

Gawmy: Awkward or clumsy

Numb: Dumb. Stupid.

Pot: Lobster Trap

Prayer Handle: Knee

Quahog: Thick-shelled clam (pronounced co-hog)

Scrid:A tiny piece

Steamers:Clams

Wicked: Very. To a high degree, such as wicked good, wicked bad, wicked exciting, etc."

How about this, BB? 

I had a wicked good bug with the finest kind of chowdah fah dinnah, but I buhned mah fingahs bein so gawmy, so I moved the pots off the seat and got in the cah to go to the Doctah's house down the road apiece.  But the Doctah's from away and he was so numb he thought a crittah bit a scrid off me fingah, instead of bein buhned, so I slapped me prayer handle and got back in the cah.  I stopped by the bah and had a beah and steamers  since they weh oot of quahogs and then went back up the road apiece to my hoose.

How's that, Big B?  Can I get a "ayuh"?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 11:26:33 AM by RedFXR2 »

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2007, 09:13:38 PM »

:nixweiss: ??? :o ::) ??? :nixweiss:

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.