Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Feel Good Story of the Week  (Read 1732 times)

Buffy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Big Ugly Fat Friggin' Yankee

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 - Scarlett Red Wide Glide
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR - Orange & Black
Feel Good Story of the Week
« on: February 22, 2007, 10:13:11 AM »

I left Kinko’s with tears streaming down my face……….. Hey, wait!  I thought this was a feel GOOD story?  It is, just read on.

While having some work done at my local Kinko’s store, I noticed that the Kinko’s associate (Perry) had a pink wristband on.  When I asked him about it, he said he was wearing it because of his wife.  After a big pause wondering if I should say anymore, I asked if she was a survivor? Thankfully the answer was, “Yes.” He then went on to tell me their story. 

During the week after Thanksgiving, Perry’s wife (Martha) found out she had stage 4 breast cancer in her left breast.  After studying all of the results of the possibilities of it moving to the right breast, they both made the decision to have a double mastectomy.   The hospital was really pushing to have the reconstructive surgery done at the same time, but Martha wanted to make sure the first surgery went well before tackling another.

After four months of treatments, she was deemed cancer free. HOORAY!

Now came the time to decide about the reconstructive surgery.  Martha came to Perry and said, “Perry, I’m 60 years old and breasts aren’t as important to us as they were when we were 20.  Would you mind if I didn’t have the surgery?”  Perry said, “Honey, I am fine with that and will support you with any decision that you make.”  Then she said, “OK, then I will not have the surgery.”

With that, they gave each other a hug.  As he was hugging her, the absolute best choice of words came out of Perry’s mouth. He said, “I am glad you chose not to have the surgery, because now when I hug you, your heart is closer to mine.”

I left Kinko’s with tears streaming down my face………..

Perry, you and Martha are my new heros!
John & his 2001 Screamin' Eagle FXDWG2               and              2007 FLTR "Ultra" Road Glide
------------------------------------------------------
It\'s Never Too Late To Have A Happy Childhood

ronshood2000

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
Re: Feel Good Story of the Week
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 02:47:18 PM »

WOW!!!!!
Ron

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 10:57:42 PM »

... Thankfully the answer was, “Yes.” He then went on to tell me their story.  ...
Perry, you and Martha are my new heros!

Mine too, my friend.  Long time no hear.  Thanks for sharing the story.  A Very Good Feel Story!   :)

CVOMOE!!

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • BC

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 04:28:11 PM »

Very beautiful and touching story.   I love it when people beat the big C.  Good for them.

Moe
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Banana - Sold
Freedom Tru-duals
Power Commander
Dyno tuned
Now a 107" with Cycle Shack exhaust and Race Tuner
2007 BMW1200GS - What a hoot - Sold May 2010
2011 Triumph Tiger 800 - Sold
2011 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere - Sold
2014 Yamaha XT250 - Sold
2014 BMW F800GS - Sold
2014 Kawasaki KLX 351
2017 Triumph Explorer 1200
2017 Harley Ultra Classic Ltd

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 24 queries.