Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Author Topic: No Buddies ?  (Read 23266 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: No Buddies ?
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2007, 01:52:17 PM »

I can't spell it either! And like Candy said, they're mighty tasty on a hot afternoon in the Key West Sunset!!! ;) Hoist! 8)

I didn't say they weren't good, just foofy.  Try an Amareto with tonic and a lime sometime on the beach.  No one thinks it sounds good but bet you can't drink just one.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2007, 01:52:59 PM »

Hey Rog, give it a try!

Mohito
An easy mohito cocktail recipe

1.5 oz Havana Club Rum
12 fresh spearmint leaves
1/2 lime
7 oz club soda
2 tbsp. simple syrup
(or 4 tsp. sugar)

For the smoothest mohitos, gently crush mint leaves and lightly squeeze lime in a cool tall glass. Pour sweet syrup on top to cover and fill glass with ice. Add Havana Club, club soda, and stir your emerging mojito well. Garnish with a lime wedge, a few sprigs of mint, toast, sip, and enjoy mohitos.....

Or this one from:   http://home.comcast.net/~eltonmohito/mohito_recipes.htm

Mohito Recipes

By The Glass

Ingredients: (works well in an 8-10 oz tumbler)

In order of appearance)

1. Lime Juice (1 whole lime equals about 3 teaspoons) or use limejuice from

concentrate.

2. Sugar (2 heaping teaspoons)

3. Mint Leaves (freshest are the best!) You need about

4. Four to Five mint leaves per drink. (3 for mashing and 2 for garnish at the end)

5. Bicardi Limon (clear) Rum (2 oz)

6. Angostura Bitters (dash)

7. Ice

8. Club Soda (2/3 cup)

9. Straws (the green ones with the accordion top are cool)

10. A few mint leaves and one lime slice (for garnish)

Putting it all together:

1. Combine limejuice and sugar in small cup/bowl and mix up quickly. If you have a wooden spoon that works great. Then add three mint leaves and continue mixing. The key here is to press/mash the mint leaves firmly (about 30-45 seconds) in order to get the mint oil to mix in with the sugar and limejuice. (Personally, I think this is the heart of the drink and separates a good mohito

from a FANTASTIC MOHITO!)

2. Pour the contents you created in Step 1 into a glass (10 oz tumbler seems to work well) and add a dash of Angostura bitters (this is strong stuff, only a light dash or two).

3. Add 2 oz of Rum to the glass. Stir well

4. Add ices (cubes or chipped work well, I don't prefer crushed because it melts too fast) to the glass about 1/2 to 2/3 the way up the glass.

5. Add 2/3 cup of Club Soda/Seltzer Water (fresh and bubbly, works the best. Try not to use club soda/seltzer water that has gone flat (remember our motto: The difference between a good mohito and a FANTASTIC MOHITO is in the details)

6. Add more ice to top off the drink if you need.

7. Add 1-2 leave of fresh mint as garnish on top.

8. Add slice of lime 1/8" to 1/4" thick works well.

By now you should be looking at the best mohito you have ever seen and every time you make one you will get a little better and faster. You can experiment with the amounts of min, sugar and limejuice to suit your taste but normally the amounts for rum, bitters and club soda should stay pretty constant.

Enjoy your Mohito - It will be Fantastic. To enhance the effect put on some

Cuban Jazz or Salsa music and you will float off to the islands.

Finer points of Mohito making:

1. When mashing the mint leaves with the limejuice and sugar the goal is to "press" the mint leaves enough to extract the mint oil so it will mix with the limejuice and sugar. If you "grind" the mint leaves too you will break them up a bit. This does not harm the taste in any way but you end up with little pieces of mint leaves float around at the bottom of the glass (which you might suck up through your straw). Actually, mint is good for digestion and it will not harm you to swallow a leaf or two. The main point here is "looks".

2. Bicardi Limon Rum has been consistently the best booze choice for this drink for me. If you are knocking them dead with your mohitos (using Bicardi Limon) you want to stick with that brand. I switched rums last time and people really noticed it.

3. The colder the mohito the better. Lots of ice!

4. If you keep the mint leaves in the fridge between mohito making periods they will last longer.

5. Four Sugar packets (like you get at the restaurant) roughly equals two heaping teaspoons of sugar.

By the Pitcher

Essentially it is just multiplying all ingredients (of the single glass recipe) by 4

Use a measuring cup that measures in milliliters.

1. First add lime juice to the 75 ML line

2. Then add sugar (to same cup) until it brings the mixture up to the 125 ML line.

3. Add (to same cup) 10 mint leave

4. Mix and press as usual.

5. Pour mixture in to normal sized pitcher.

6. Pour in 8 oz of Rum

7. Add 4 dashes of Bitters

8. Stir well

9. Add ice cubes to fill the picture about 1/2 way.

10. Add 2 and 2/3 cups Club Soda

11. Add ice to fill the rest of the pitcher up.

12. Garnish with a few mint leaves and one or two lime slices.

Serves four people very nicely..

Enjoy! ;) Hoist! 8)

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2007, 02:11:54 PM »

Your two days out must have lost your memory, lenght of post does not give you more posts.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2007, 02:38:56 PM »

Your two days out must have lost your memory, lenght of post does not give you more posts.

Yeah, but copy and paste isn't anymore work either. Anyway, I had to show B B how capable I am of lenghty posts! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2007, 03:17:30 PM »

But
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2007, 03:17:41 PM »

who
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2007, 03:17:52 PM »

gives

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2007, 03:18:04 PM »

a

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2007, 03:18:15 PM »

rats

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #99 on: March 01, 2007, 03:18:26 PM »

ass

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2007, 03:18:43 PM »

about

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2007, 03:18:55 PM »

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #102 on: March 01, 2007, 03:19:07 PM »

counts

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2007, 03:19:19 PM »

?

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2007, 03:19:28 PM »

:huepfenlol2:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 22 queries.