Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Alabama  (Read 5292 times)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Alabama
« on: March 01, 2007, 09:50:43 PM »

Did all of our people fare alright in Alabama?

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: Alabama
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 09:56:18 PM »

I sure hope so.

We're kind of right in the middle of it now.

Chief

Bagger

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 10:04:35 PM »

There is a healthy percentage of us old "Rucker Boys" up here in Huntsville.  Four of us work in my building.  We got the news about EHS shortly after 1:30 this afternoon.  Of course, we all worried, and we're still worried about our friends and family down there.  My daughter called me, and was FREAKIN'.  She was very concerned for her friends, since she went to EHS last year.  All are accounted for as far as my family is concerned.  My company's corporate HQ is down there.  We heard there was damage to the building, but other than that, everyone was OK.  That's all we know right now.  Up here in north Alabama, we got slammed with some huge rain and big wind, but nothing catastrophic.  Please keep Enterprise in your thoughts and prayers.  The really freaky thing is I was just down there about two weeks ago..........drove right down E. Watts St. right past EHS, on my way to AL 167 to head back up here to Huntsville.  Hard to believe that school was hit so hard.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 10:05:07 PM »

I sure hope so.

We're kind of right in the middle of it now.

Chief

Chief,
         What's going on outside your house right now ?

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 10:06:07 PM »

TC? How'd you make out?

Gusts up to 30 knots here.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 10:08:49 PM »

Bagger your family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers.

Bagger

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 10:18:09 PM »

Bagger your family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks Bro.  Stef JUST came out of her room to tell me one of her friends had her arms scratched up pretty bad, and another one took a nasty knock on the head.  Stef has four of them on the phone right now.  I think she feels better knowing they're safe and accounted for.  Hopefully all of my company brethren are really OK.  That was the word earlier.  I guess we'll find out for sure tomorrow.  At least we do know all of our family's friends are OK.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 10:21:25 PM »

Chief,
         What's going on outside your house right now ?

It was banging up against the windows pretty good, but nothing worrisome. Nothing like they had over in Evterprise, AL today. That was terrible.

Chief

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 10:25:33 PM »

Bagger,
          When this ends, if there's anything the folks on the site can do to help those that lost their homes etc. please let us know. Also, all our prayers are with those that have lost family or friends.

Be safe brother

B B

Bagger

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 10:33:52 PM »

Bagger,
          When this ends, if there's anything the folks on the site can do to help those that lost their homes etc. please let us know. Also, all our prayers are with those that have lost family or friends.

Be safe brother

B B

Thanks Bro.  Will do.

Bagger

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 10:39:20 PM »

Forgot one..............man I feel like CHIT.  Can't believe I forgot about gunshot24.  Trying to call, but "all circuits are busy."  I'll keep checking on him and G/F.  He doesn't post much, but he reads all the time, and is the one who told me about this forum. 

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 10:46:35 PM »

We're all safe here in Birmingham, although a community close to here (Adamsville) got slammed with what they think was a short touchdown by another tornado...Suzanne was in the basement when I got home, as a funnel was only about 4 miles from the house, but it never touched down.  I was driving home in some gawd awful rain/wind...

It's terrible down in Enterprise...the HS looks like it exploded.  15 lost their lives in the school...horrible loss.  Last total I heard was 19 statewide.  They're still digging through the rubble, but hopefully the news won't get any worse.

Thank ya'll for the concern, brothers and sisters...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 10:49:42 PM »

Hope you guys to the East only get the rain...I think the air is more stable over that way, so hopefully the worst is over.  The southern part of the state is relatively flat, so there's little to divert the damn things.

Henry...hope your bro is OK...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

HDguy

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 02:04:58 AM »

Everything here in the Atlanta area is ok. Just some heavy rain, wind, lightning and thunder. My heart sure goes out to all the Alabama folks. That was some bad chit that you all got hit with. 
2006 flhtcuse,V@H true duals with classic slash cut mufflers with end caps, slotted six spoke drive sprocket,fuelpak tuner,nav sys,stage 1 intake,chrome inner primary,SE six speed trans,chrome intake backplate.
2005 flstsci,aux lights,se mufflers,sta

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 02:13:28 AM »

Sorry to hear about that storm in Alabams guys. I'm glad the people that posted today are OK as are their families. I hope everyone else is fine too. My heart goes out to the families affected by this. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2007, 04:54:59 PM »

Glad to hear you guys made it though the storm.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Bagger

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2007, 09:04:36 PM »

Finally got in touch with gunshot24 this morning.  He and G/F are safe.  He says it is an awful site down there.  Other friends were helping sift through the rubble today.  I REALLY wish I could take off and go down there to help.  Four of the students who perished were former classmates of Stef when she went to EHS last year.

When it rains, it pours.............and the fecal matter hit the rotary ocsillator yesterday.  First is the tradgedy in Enterprise.  Then, Stef's orthopaedic surgeon calls with a date for her next surgery.........................long story, so I'll make it quick.  This will be her sixth time on the pegboard to continue the repair of her left hip, which she broke 3 years ago last month.  This time her hip will be distracted and externally fixated with the ultimate goal of getting back her ROM.  As it is right now, she can flex her left leg no further down than 10 degrees from the vertical.  We haven't broke that news to her yet.  She is in Atlanta this weekend to attend an Open House at the Altanta division of the Savannah College of Art and Design.  Neither Renea nor I had the heart to tell her about her surgery last night...............she'd been through enough.  She comes home on Sunday.  Hopefully we're able to tell her then.  The bad part is once the surgery is complete, she'll be homebound until school is out for the summer.  That is going to crush her...........but doing the surgery now is her only hope to begin her senior year with a proper gait.

This SUCKS!                   My apologies for going off topic.

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2007, 09:14:09 PM »

Bagger, Sorry for the anguish you and yours are going thru right now. For what its worth  theres always a caring ear here to listen and offer prayers and hope. I  guess its  the long run where all the pain and trials will pay off.   keep the faith and  remember  theres  much healing thru sharing....
Gene
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2007, 09:18:22 PM »

When it rains, it pours.............and the fecal matter hit the rotary ocsillator yesterday.  First is the tradgedy in Enterprise.  Then, Stef's orthopaedic surgeon calls with a date for her next surgery.........................long story, so I'll make it quick.  This will be her sixth time on the pegboard to continue the repair of her left hip, which she broke 3 years ago last month.  This time her hip will be distracted and externally fixated with the ultimate goal of getting back her ROM.  As it is right now, she can flex her left leg no further down than 10 degrees from the vertical.  We haven't broke that news to her yet.  She is in Atlanta this weekend to attend an Open House at the Altanta division of the Savannah College of Art and Design.  Neither Renea nor I had the heart to tell her about her surgery last night...............she'd been through enough.  She comes home on Sunday.  Hopefully we're able to tell her then.  The bad part is once the surgery is complete, she'll be homebound until school is out for the summer.  That is going to crush her...........but doing the surgery now is her only hope to begin her senior year with a proper gait.

No apologies needed Bro. I'll definitely keep your family in my prayers.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2007, 10:29:35 PM »

Hey Henry! My heart is heavy after reading your post! I will be including your family in my prayers especially on Sunday when Stef comes home! I will be praying that this is her final surgery! Man, as a father it hurts me see any of my children suffer! My heart goes out to you and Renea. Bless ya Bro!

JR :bananarock:

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2007, 10:38:42 PM »

Am really sorry to hear about your daughter. It is always so much harder when it is our children rather than ourselves. If there is anything that can be done to cheer her up how about letting us all know. From what I have seen during my short time here I know that everyone would volunteer and help out in whatever way they could. Best of luck and may God bless you and yours.

Bagger

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2007, 11:27:59 PM »

Bagger, Sorry for the anguish you and yours are going thru right now. For what its worth  theres always a caring ear here to listen and offer prayers and hope. I  guess its  the long run where all the pain and trials will pay off.   keep the faith and  remember  theres  much healing thru sharing....
Gene

Thanks ESJ.  That is one of the GR8 things about this forum...............we don't have to keep it all in.  Stef is gonna be fine.  She's a tough young lady.

Bagger

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2007, 11:28:33 PM »

No apologies needed Bro. I'll definitely keep your family in my prayers.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Thanks much, Gary.

Bagger

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2007, 11:30:35 PM »

Hey Henry! My heart is heavy after reading your post! I will be including your family in my prayers especially on Sunday when Stef comes home! I will be praying that this is her final surgery! Man, as a father it hurts me see any of my children suffer! My heart goes out to you and Renea. Bless ya Bro!

JR :bananarock:

Thanks JR.  You're a GR8 Brother.  Your thoughts and prayers are much needed and appreciated.

Bagger

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2007, 11:33:26 PM »

Am really sorry to hear about your daughter. It is always so much harder when it is our children rather than ourselves. If there is anything that can be done to cheer her up how about letting us all know. From what I have seen during my short time here I know that everyone would volunteer and help out in whatever way they could. Best of luck and may God bless you and yours.

Thanks twojay.  I'd give anything to be in her shoes.  She's too young to be dealing with this..............but through it all, she has become a strong young lady.  Sometimes I feel like I need my a$$ kicked when I think I've got it tough.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.227 seconds with 21 queries.